The Corroboree
withdrawl clinic

covid 19 vaccination

On 30/06/2021 at 9:02 AM, Mycot said:

I agree we could learn a lot.  But it seems they have yet to figure out why many are asymptomatic and others suffer badly or shown any interest in this.

It's one of the first things that should have been studied.

Just because you don't know it doesn't mean it wasn't researched. The results have been available since july last year.

Morning SaYn, 

Glad to see someones interested in Small RNA technologies :)

Here are some diagrams explaining the mechanisum of action of miRNA (micro RNA) and siRNA (small interfering RNA). 

1920px-MiRNA.svg.png

Small interfering RNA - Wikipedia

Its interesting to note, small RNAs were first discovered in plants, and then later found in animals. 

Small RNAs play critical roles in regulating gene expression via their ability to modulate gene expression at various levels of transciption (DNA > RNA) and translation (RNA > Protein).  Interesting Small RNA research has taken off in the feild of cancer treatments, this is because Small RNAs regulate gene expression via their ability to shut down expression in various ways, allowing for celluar division to occur in a highly controlled manner. Therefore mutations to areas of the genome encoding small RNAs can lead to unregulated cellular division, which ultimately progresses into cancerous tumors. The future for Cancer treatments is personalized genomic medicine, take an extract from the tumor, sequence it, find out what small RNAs are required to shut down the expression of the tumor, design them just like you would primers for a PCR reaction, then inject them directly into the tumor in order to shut down the unrelated gene expression of the tumor and bring back regulated cellular division. These same principles could be used to shut down the expression of sars-cov-2 which would prevent the virus from being able to transcribe and translate its genome into fuctional proteins. 

Origins and Mechanisms of miRNAs and siRNAs - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2675692/
Plant and animal microRNAs: similarities and differenceshttps://sci-hub.se/10.1007/s10142-005-0145-2
MicroRNA: a small molecule with a big biological impact - https://sci-hub.se/10.2174/2211536611201010001

• Like 1

How efficacious is the vaccine?

The AZD1222 vaccine against COVID-19 has an efficacy of 63.09% against symptomatic SARS-CoV-2 infection.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/the-oxford-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-what-you-need-to-know

Are there better options avaliable? 

Research says yes, The WHO says no...

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

However, The WHO has a different perspective 

The current evidence on the use of ivermectin to treat COVID-19 patients is inconclusive. Until more data is available, WHO recommends that the drug only be used within clinical trials.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-advises-that-ivermectin-only-be-used-to-treat-covid-19-within-clinical-trials

Why clinical trials are essential to produce safe and effective medicines, a lesson from the past.  

https://helix.northwestern.edu/article/thalidomide-tragedy-lessons-drug-safety-and-regulation

Edited by Change
  • Like 1

I'm not clued up at on all this, other than booking in for my first Pfizer next week, but isn't one of the main reasonings behind vaccines to also reduce the number of infected people needing any form of clinical treatment, so as not to overload the health system?

So assuming I'm reading changes post right, using ivermectin to treat severe disease, in lieu of vaccines which would, all going well, reduce the number of severe cases, be still putting a lot of unnecessary pressure on the health system simply by having more severe cases in hospital???

With our public health system so overwhelmed already in the pre pandemic world, anything that limits extra patient numbers, like hopefully vaccines will, surely has to be a good thing right? There's a shitload more severe diseases to manage than just extra respiratory ones.

Does that make any sense? I don't know. But I will finish with its nice to see how civil these recent covid threads have been rather than the previous shit shows. Everyone has a right to choose and it's nice to see that being largely respected this time :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Got mine done today :) The 'Pfizer-High' is REAL, PEOPLE!!! :wub:

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

:) The 'Pfizer-High' is REAL, PEOPLE!!! :wub:

Placebo effect? 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cubism said:

I'm not clued up at on all this, other than booking in for my first Pfizer next week, but isn't one of the main reasonings behind vaccines to also reduce the number of infected people needing any form of clinical treatment, so as not to overload the health system?

Building hospitals would have been a better investment ... than Astra-Zeneca. 

But I see no mad rush to bolster the health system -- only the failing economic one. 

• Like 1

Morning Cubisum,

Im confused about what the point of things are too…Is the point of the vaccines to prevent transmission via herd immunity or is the point of the vaccine to prevent serious illness requiring hospitalization. My confusion about these vaccines is mostly sparked via the WHO recommendations don’t seem to be lining up with Australian health authorities.

I agree that we want to be reducing the burden upon the health care system, and from what I’m reading about Ivermectin, it seems to be effective as both a preventative and a treatment, therefore dosing people in high risk areas would reduce the strain on the healthcare system by preventing infections from occurring at rates similar to what is required to achieve herd immunity. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

And i totally agree with the investing in hospitials comment, its extremely disapointing that rather then investing in Australian healthcare and medical research we just keep outsourcing the funding to multinational pharmaceutical companies. This is likely due our leadships being more concerned about funding big bussiness than about supporting Australian scientist and their research. idunno why they cant seem to get their head around funding Australia science would allow for a science Boom in australia, sorta like the mining Boom. I probably boils down having dinasaurs controling most of societies investment, if you got wealthy with a concept as simple as digging coal out of the ground, its unlikely your going to see the value of science research. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Latest statistic from the CDC is that 99.2% of fatalities are from unvaccinated people a highly significant number. The vaccine was designed to save lives and it does what was designed to do. And many of those dying people are 'repenting' on their deathbeds saying they wish the had gotten the vaccine in time. 

There's no doubt that covid vaccs are saving many thousands of lives around the world, meanwhile the blood clots are only killing 1 in three million, a virtually insignificant number  (statistically). 

Moral of the story is don't be the guy who bets his whole life savings on the horse that always comes in last.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

53 minutes ago, fyzygy said:

Placebo effect? 

Definitely bro, it was awesome ;)

I thought Fauci was in the middle of some massive corruption and gain-of-function nonsense? Dunno if I'd trust a word this guy says...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

^ you trust Tucker Carlson instead?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, -RC- said:

I thought Fauci was in the middle of some massive corruption and gain-of-function nonsense? Dunno if I'd trust a word this guy says...

That's just right-wing political claptrap to take the focus away from Trump's utter failures. Fauci is merely the public face of the CDC. Why would a whole entire US government organisation be involved in some elaborate conspiracy to make bioweapons with their main enemy the Chinese? That would be a top secret military thing and they'd be doing it in US not in China. It's just a catchy political diversion pushed by fox news, like "Critical Race Theory' and 'Hunter's emails etc'. There's no actual substance to it. Remember that whole Hillary's email's thing. It literally won the election for Trump. Propaganda is extremely powerful for people willing to blindly believe anything they're told.

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i have called the hot line to get the covid jab, 4 times already, 1st 2 times i was told no, pfizer 4 you, because you are 60 yaers old.

the last 2 times, i could not even get through, the COVID HOTLINE IS, MAXED OUT, AND AS SUCH NO GOOD, TO OUR, SOCIETY!:slap:

IN SHORT, I TRIED TO ORGANISE, A JAB,

BUT THE PHONE JUST SAY'S,

WE GOT TOO MANY CALL'S.

WE CAN'T HELP YOU!:o

Areas With Low Vaccination Rates Allow Covid A New Foothold.

5 hours ago, SayN said:

^ you trust Tucker Carlson instead?

Don't even know who that is, but I'm assuming he is a TV person? Dude I don't own a TV, and haven't for almost 20 years for a reason.

It would be great if peeps could just put their 5 cents in here without triggering others to 'defend' their position on it all. No-one here is wishing any ill will to anyone else, and I really value getting as many perspectives as I can on any given topic, let alone one that has led to massive increases in our goverment's desire to take away what used to be quite basic rights, regardless of their supposed or professed motives.

Share on I say, but don't crack the shits when someone expresses a view opposed to yours. Please.

• Like 6

No TV required - the internet gives us everything we need: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/fauci-gain-function-covid/

I guess I just find it a little frustrating that you, of all people, would appear to be adding weight to this right wing agenda.  Worse: you don't know where the rumour started or even really much about it but you're happy to repeat it and therefore perpetuate it.

Frankly we are all pawns on this site and none of us KNOW anything.  I will, however, continue to try and put MY trust in peer-reviewed science where possible. 

And as much as I despise Gladys and her pack of pork-barreling cronies to think that this is all part of a conspiracy to erode us of our freedoms speaks major paranoia.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning Sayn and RC :)

Lets keep politics out of this, there isn’t any point discussing agendas of the right and left wings of politics. That’s all a distraction designed to divide us into teams that will forever be in conflict. We should be debating science, presenting data and discussing the interpretations of the data.

We may all be pawns and we may all know nothing, but it only took one Jesus to change the world, and we hold the same potential inside our souls.

Edited by Change
  • Like 3

This is a perfect example, of why politicising issues brings us further away from the truth. So many left wingers and right wingers who have zero scientific understanding, drew conclusions on this issue, based upon what political team they were on. Then because they spent their time researching politics rather than science, they would discredit each other’s opinions arguing for their own bias, whether it be the lab leak hypothesis, or Zoonotic transfer from Bat to Pangolin to Human.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-16/who-urges-china-to-share-more-information-about-covid-source/100297904

The political debate around this issue got so noisy, that it drowned out the conversations being had by evolutionary biologist that were presenting sequence data to confirm or deny these hypothesis’s. Therefore, the public was distracted by the left versus right debate, while the opinions of people who have dedicating there lives to increasing scientific understanding went unnoticed.

• Like 1

On 14/07/2021 at 4:40 AM, Change said:

Are there better options avaliable? 

Research says yes, The WHO says no...

Conclusions: Moderate-certainty evidence finds that large reductions in COVID-19 deaths are possible using ivermectin. Using ivermectin early in the clinical course may reduce numbers progressing to severe disease. The apparent safety and low cost suggest that ivermectin is likely to have a significant impact on the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic globally.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

Oops! Serendipitously just came across this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

Some pretty funny bits like the author's using a thesaurus to change words of plagiarized content, dates that don't exist on the calendar etc etc.

And if you're interested in data integrity, definitely check out Nick Brown who's mentioned in the article. He's a bit of a legend in some academic circles regarding dodgy data. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Cubism said:

Oops! Serendipitously just came across this. 

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/jul/16/huge-study-supporting-ivermectin-as-covid-treatment-withdrawn-over-ethical-concerns

Some pretty funny bits like the author's using a thesaurus to change words of plagiarized content, dates that don't exist on the calendar etc etc.

And if you're interested in data integrity, definitely check out Nick Brown who's mentioned in the article. He's a bit of a legend in some academic circles regarding dodgy data. 

All you had to say was that Craig Kelly is in support of Ivermectin! (***clown music plays in the background***)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glaukus said:

All you had to say was that Craig Kelly is in support of Ivermectin! (***clown music plays in the background***)

I remember him being in the news but didn't bother reading any of it just figured it was more hydroxychloriquine stuff. I guess the next logical step would be a covid themed speedball? Hydroxychloriquine/bleach/ivermectin -> trumpballs anyone? 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cubism said:

I remember him being in the news but didn't bother reading any of it just figured it was more hydroxychloriquine stuff. I guess the next logical step would be a covid themed speedball? Hydroxychloriquine/bleach/ivermectin -> trumpballs anyone? 

Unfortunately he's my local MP.

4 hours ago, Cubism said:

I guess the next logical step would be a covid themed speedball? Hydroxychloriquine/bleach/ivermectin -> trumpballs anyone? 

Don't give them any more ideas, haven't they killed enough of their own lemmings already?

Morning Cubisum

Thanks for your link, I had a look over it, and it appears to be referencing a different study from Benha University in Egypt. The link I provided is a meta-analysis, looking at “Twenty-four randomized controlled trials involving 3406 participants” and to my currently knowledge it has not been discredited like the single paper that’s references in the “Guardian media” article you provided. So once again, the media and politicians are cheery picking studies to discredit each other’s studies in this stupid political football game that’s the mass media keeps brain washing the public with. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8248252/

This is precisely the point im trying to make, media outlets have become so tied up in this ridiculous political battle, that it becomes difficult for the regular citizen to look at the evidence from an independent perspective. While we keep debating this from the perspective of left versus right, we are just letting political morons control the response. We are 2.5 years into the pandemic at some point people will wake up and start blaming politicians miss management and lack of scientific integrity, rather then blaming the left or the right. Imagine if scientist received funding = to political salaries and donations, progress might actually be made.

• Like 1