The Corroboree
-RC-

Nimbin Mardi Grass 2021

Hey all,

Just thought I'd bring to the community's attention that Mardi Grass is going ahead this year, 30th April to 2nd May. :bong:

Old mate RC might even make a guest appearance in the Healer's Tent on Saturday to have a yarn about psilocybin mushrooms and that.

Plenty of other cool talks and what not about the place too.

Check out the lineup and find other info here: https://nimbinmardigrass.com/

Peace,

RC

• Like 7

Oh, cool. I wasn't gunna go this year but I just got a chance to grab a lift with a mate, hope I can make it to see your talk

Anyone else from here going?

RC you bringing copies of your book?

• Like 1

Yeah, I thought I could sling a few around the place and scribble in some as well. :)

The Hemp Embassy, Perceptio Books and Nimbin Herbs all stock my book in town though, for those that miss out  :wink::lol:

Dropped in and saw the start of your talk, but didn't stay cos the tent was chockers and we were getting rained on.

Missed a chance to pour over your book with you, was wanting to show my colleague your work, we'll try again next year ( don't go into town much, us all out here )

Geez you had a good crowd tho, were you happy with how things went?

MG this year was interesting, there were a lot more people in the town hall for the speakers this year and an org I spoke to said many had actually been there all day and were taking notes

I loved the increase in diversity of the stalls, the demographic seemed slightly older this year ( hard to say tho ) and Saturday seemed nice and chill. Crowds seemed down for COVID uncertainty and the rain.

Cops, as always, heavy handed at the start on the RDTs ( someone said on FB that by Sun some lighten up a little and smile occasionally ) but there were plenty of deso drivers and commercial lifts into town for some pretty reasonable rates.

Hope you had fun as well as a great talk

• Like 3

Dude it was awesome! Yeah pushed the limits of the old Healer's Tent, but the crowd were super kind and tolerant of my ranting. There was a lady there filming for a doco she is making, so I'll try and find a link or some such to said chat... :unsure:

Yeah, fuckn cops were the low light for me. It also spun me out hard to see SO many people filing and watching the protest, from the wrong side of the barricades. Grab a sign and have a go for the cause I say!

Thanks for coming out man, I appreciated all of the support I got. Heaps of posi vibes all round.

Can't wait for next year! :lol:

• Like 3

Big thanks to Disco Sista:

• Like 2