Jump to content
The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSoul

Passiflora Incarnata

Recommended Posts

I have several of these plants to sell.

I’m thinking $25 for one or $40 for two or I can workout another deal if you want more. Comes with free express postage.

Only within Australia mainland.

passionflower.jpg

passionflower2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i would like on too, and will pm you.

 

a great offer and a rare plant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since most cultivated passionfruit plants are grafted to "wild" root-stock, does anyone happen to know what those "wild" plants probably are? I've taken cuttings from some Brunswick alleyway plants (in Melbourne) that have gone ballistic, the shiny-leafed fruiting varieties alongside their "weedy" root-stock variants -- in full sun the leaves grow a reddish colour. To my shame, I've in the past exterminated "wild passionfruit" vines, probably P. incarnata. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

that's a good question, unspeakable 6 letter nick person....

 

i think to know, that some of the passifloras for eating get grafted onto passiflora caerulea, because of her virgor.

 

vigor?

Edited by withdrawl clinic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/03/2021 at 12:58 PM, DarkSoul said:

I have several of these plants to sell.

 

I’m thinking $25 for one or $40 for two or I can workout another deal if you want more. Comes with free express postage.

 

Only within Australia mainland.

 

passionflower.jpg

passionflower2.jpg

can you please elaborate the origin of this plant?

 

I have True P incarnata growing wild for the last decade on my land, but sets no fruits, due to lack of cross pollination 

i need a different clone. 

probably means seed import

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16/03/2021 at 8:44 PM, fyzygy said:

Since most cultivated passionfruit plants are grafted to "wild" root-stock, does anyone happen to know what those "wild" plants probably are? I've taken cuttings from some Brunswick alleyway plants (in Melbourne) that have gone ballistic, the shiny-leafed fruiting varieties alongside their "weedy" root-stock variants -- in full sun the leaves grow a reddish colour. To my shame, I've in the past exterminated "wild passionfruit" vines, probably P. incarnata. 

 

The most common rootstock used is P. caerulea, as W.C mentioned. It's a bastard of a plant to get rid of once it's invaded.

http://nelliekelly.com.au/faqs-about-passionfruit-vines.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
On 06/06/2021 at 9:11 PM, Rev said:

can you please elaborate the origin of this plant?

 

I have True P incarnata growing wild for the last decade on my land, but sets no fruits, due to lack of cross pollination 

i need a different clone. 

probably means seed import

 

 

I bought the original plant from All Rare Herbs. That's all I know of the origin. None of my passionflower plants have fruited, they flower but don't develop into fruit. But they sprout pups regularly, which is how I get the extra plants.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just ordered fresh seed from the USA 

 

my plant is a clone from the plant that was in Lismore at the Herb garden at Southern Cross University. That plant is now gone due to construction in that corner of the gardens 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd really like to grab some if that's OK.  :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×