The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
fyzygy

Iboga cultivation in Melbourne?

I wouldn't go to the trouble, except somebody sent me a small plant. I have no idea how to care for it. Currently in shaded greenhouse, but thinking of relocating indoors (bathroom) over winter. I don't intend to go DWC/hydro or anything requiring inputs of electrical energy (other than perhaps a string of solar-powered LEDs, to warm the greenhouse). I'd love to hear from any successful cold-climate cultivators of this species. 

not an easy plant to, grow big and to get lot's of seeds.

i struggle even, i a very warm part of oz.

iboga, is a very special plant, and ants know that better than us humans, so often she struggles in cultivation, because of amphids.

ants place amphids onto iboba, and than milk the amphids, to get the medicine/drug.

if ant's love a plant, humans should love it too.

Edited by withdrawl clinic
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

not an easy plant to, grow big and to get lot's of seeds.

i struggle even, i a very warm part of oz.

iboga, is a very special plant, and ants know that better than us humans, so often she struggles in cultivation, because of amphids.

ants place amphids onto iboba, and than milk the amphids, to get the medicine/drug.

if ant's love a plant, humans should love it too.

I disagree, I grow mine outdoors with no special  needs, I am border line sub tropic to temperate. takes a bashing from the winter cold south winds no problem.

• Like 1

I’m in sub tropics and mine look like it’s on the verge of death during winter. Really not confident with it growing in vic, that’s not to say it can’t be done. ;)

If you can keep temps above 15°C she’ll be right. Go for it! :)

• Like 1