The Corroboree
mr b.caapi

MDMA and psilocybin could be approved for medicinal use in Australia

Good to see times and views are changing :)

Edited by sharxx101

Clinical trials of psilocybin a year or two ago at St V's in Melbourne. I think for treating mental health issues during palliative care?

I know that in the USA, the fast-track to clinical research using these substances has been given impetus by the US military (looking for PTSD remedies).

Also not to be a hater but I don't think MMA are really 'championing' research. They paid for the TGA to consider rescheduling even though it was obvious to any experienced researcher or healthcare practitioner there was insufficient clinical data (no completed phase 3 trials) for the change. They've thrown a little bit of money at some other people's research and while they use terms like science and evidence it seems all they are really interested in is getting more people to buy their overpriced and underdeveloped training program and to otherwise position themselves to profit from psychedelic liberalisation. 

I appreciate that the actions of MMA have helped make psychedelics more prominent in Australian public discourse, but a lot of their behaviour is very concerning and I am worried they could bring the movement into disrepute. They've lied and defamed great people who have been working for psychedelic reform for years and pissed off just about every stakeholder in the scene. They are dictators, and are not open to debate, or critical perspectives. To top it off their board director is a racist covidiot. Yuck.

Supporting MMA is not supporting psychedelic research. If this is important to you, support PRISM or MAPS! 

Edited by Wile E. Peyote
  • Like 4

I agree mate I have removed the link.

EGA were championing these medicines for medical use especially the magic mushrooms but it seems like the TGA is lobbied by big Pharma to keep the real healing medicines illegal and push pills that have done more damage to man kind than any natural medicine.

For example the state of medical cannabis in this country is a complete joke, so many people  could benefit from it but it is still demonised as a dangerous drug when alcohol, tobacco and pharmas are more dangerous than cannabis will ever be.

Peace

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to say that MMA stinks to high heaven of venture capitalists to me. Circling vultures helping to ensure that nobody can source medicine for free, themselves.

• Like 3

I really really hope this happens. I realise that's not the most intellectual response, but I'm just so sick of our bullshit drug laws. I also don't give a shit about who is driving this. Any progress is better than no progress.

• Like 2

The progress is still happening, don't worry Slocombe! Phase 3 trials of psychedelic assisted psychotherapies should be complete within 12 months. This evidence will really get things moving.

If it's any consolation, if this change went ahead the cost would have been so prohibitive that only the most fortunate could access these therapies, kind of like cannabis in Aus but probably even more pricey. What this proposed amendment did achieve is promotion of psychedelics on a national scale, and I'm grateful for this. It's been a long fight but we're slowly getting there. Don't give up! 

• Like 2

^ this, and furthermore it is worthwhile considering parallels in the US, particularly with cannabis. I remember when some proposition was put up to go through in Cali, and many were against it simply because the proposition itself was exclusive and wouldn't have actually achieved what most people (with a good idea of the ins and outs) wanted to see. It's all in that fucking fine print aye.

Edited by -RC-

I don't think anybody should resort to tiptoeing around unjust laws -- except, of course, professional psychedelic researchers. 

Hi everyone

Yes, the is one of the most complex and hard issues our community has had to face, wanting thing to progress but not wanting the wrong people being the gatekeepers.

I know EGA and PRISM, put a lot of work in to this and both of these organisations have a very different stance, goals and approach than MMA.

It has to be said, both EGA and PRISM start right here, very much because of this community and they need continued support to represent our communities values. The TGA wants to see more clinical trals, and our community has come of age and many of the folks that grew up around these parts are set to be the leads on many of these in the coming years.  

EGA and PRISM and the APS all seem to be able to work together to cover different side of this, why MMA well i not going to stop to comment on them.

I very much hope we can see you all this Oct as EGA brings community together to share knowledge and connect over ethnobotanical plants, fungi, nature and psychedelic culture at GARDEN STATES 2021:lol:

In Plants We Trust :rolleyes:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 4

The scientists and shamans of psychedelic retreats - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/backgroundbriefing/scientists-shamans-psychedelic-retreats/13121430

Yes, this is good :lol:

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

That a good question, When i was young, i admit to being one of them.

It was kind of nice on the night :lol: 

• Haha 1