The Corroboree
john

ID Fungi...cannot upload pictures via phone or pc - is there a trick?

Question

How to upload pictures?

6 answers to this question

I believe there is a size limit of 2MB per picture John.  If it's going thru the motions of uploading and then rejects the image seemingly right at the end then this is likely the issue.  Most images from modern phones or cameras will be over this limit by default.

For all images I upload, I first copy them from my phone to a folder on my computer.  I then resize and/or crop the photos.  Often, I'll also rename them.

• Like 1

I run photos for uploading here through Photoshop express app on my phone. You can select file size, I go for.about 25% quality which usually brings file size down to less than 1mb, but they still look crisp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zelly said:

If a person uses a free online photo editor program does the person retain full ownership / copyright protections of the photo?   Even though it may permanently exist on the cloud?   Do these editors also strip out the GPS data embedding in the picture?

I don't store anything on the cloud, only on devices. But you might want to check T&C's carefully for anything free and online.

You can strip exit data from photos with a lot of applications, should be easy to find on that suits you. 

• Like 1

If a person uses a free online photo editor program does the person retain full ownership / copyright protections of the photo?   Even though it may permanently exist on the cloud?   Do these editors also strip out the GPS data embedding in the picture?

Thanks guys problem solved quickly.

Take a screen shot of the photo it works well