The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
SayN

Bracing for the US election...

I think i've been feeling more and more anxious lately and can only think it's got something to do with whats about to go down over in the land of crazy.

Either way I look at it, things are grim.

option A - 4 more years of trump.  Really.  I don't think i could take it, let alone the rest of the world... which seems to be going to shit.

option B - Biden actually does get in.  I'll party for sure, but it feels like the US is a tinderbox at the moment just looking for a match.  Rednecks ain't gonna take it lying down and civil war could be a real likelihood. With that and the rona, the US will be in complete disarray.  Who knows what that will do to the finely balanced 'world order'.

Hey, if it ALL goes to shit, i'm heading for the mountains.

Somebody.  Please convince me i'm overthinking it.

Edited by SayN
  • Like 1

The only things you can control are the things you can control. So aim to control that which you can. :wink:

Not trying to be cryptic. Look after yourself mate.

Peace,

RC

• Like 1

Nah shit is fucked and your feelings are justified.

• Sad 1

That's about the size of it.  Win or lose Trump will remain a devisive stone in the shoe.  I hoping that apathy will temper any full scale civil war but fear that blood will be spilt.  A messy transition will harm the US further, its international standing as the seat of democracy is already a joke.  Im a little surprised he didn't start a pre election conflict (Bush and Iraq) in somewhere like Iran to garner a war time sense of unity and purpose.  

I'm very anxious about the environmental and geo-political repercussions of 4 more years of Trump.  Will we even survive it?

• Sad 1

Thanks guys.  There aren't really enough emojis to express myself properly, but it's still comforting to know i'm not the only one that feels this way.  I wish I lived down your way Humboldt... maybe one day (if, like you say, I live that long)

• Like 1

If nothing else good has come out of the last 4 years, at least the US has exposed it's own ugliness in the light of day. I really do think the US superpower days are coming to an end. The western states are talking about secession if Trump steals the win.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A civil war would be very one sided. Rednecks and their pop-guns can't stop tanks or drones with hypersonic missles.

42 minutes ago, Halcyon Daze said:

A civil war would be very one sided. Rednecks and their pop-guns can't stop tanks or drones with hypersonic missles.

You seem to have missed the fact that lately, the US has only deployed military force against BLM protesters and left leaning cities. Not against the militias...

• Like 1

Yeah the right has brainwashed the rednecks to fight FOR them so they do not have to do anything directly and can deny wrongdoing. It's all misdirection & psyops. Same reason the cops aren't out helping enforce mask mandates like they should be. Instead, security guards are being killed by rednecks for trying to enforce these rules, with no help or support from Police. Super fucked.

Edited by Cimi

I'm trying not to get caught up in the whole pageant that's going on as we speak, it is entertainment of a sort.

It looks likely that Trump is probably dumped, but now is when he gets dangerous. I wonder how fast the rats will escape his ship and try to save themselves, or if they will ransack the treasury til the bitter end?...probably both.

One of the 1st rats to go seems to be Rupert Murdoch.  

Seems like Trump is starting to accept it. Hopefully he fucks off relatively peacefully.

Sanity prevails!!  I think i might celebrate before the sideshow begins...

LOL :lol:

EDIT - I think we know which country is the greatest... 

Edited by waterboy 2.0

I don't follow anything much that goes on outside my bubble but I do remember seeing a video compilation of biden and his strange behaviour among young girls. That shit was really disturbing.