The Corroboree

Hey all!

Through all my fungal projects i have never noticed "flushes".

Growth seems to be uncoordinated - if i were to harvest as soon as the mature fruit was ready i would be harvesting some under developed fruit with them.

I was hoping someone could tell me what conditions should be met to coordinate flushes.

Thanks again guys!

Hey @TheMooseZeus,

No expert by any means and maybe I am misinterpreting... I have heard if your monotub is dialled in (search shroomery if not familiar with dialling in), and you have good clean genetics you should be seeing at least 2 or 3 flushes. As you say regularly your fruits may be ready for picking at different times - just grab them as they’re ready and at some point probably within 3-4 days of your first fruit being ready you can just pick them all. In my mind that signals the end of the first flush. Depending on conditions you may need to soak or mist your substrate at this point but if you have maintained optimal conditions you should be right just waiting for the second flush. Can be from 3-10 days I think roughly before you will see your next set of pins and the start of your second flush. From there repeat... 3rd and 4th flush I have found normally less pins but quite often big fruits. By 3rd or 4th I’m normally starting to see trich and then it goes to the compost.

hope this helps!

z

edit: re-read - if you mean how do you get a full canopy, like all fruits similar size and fruiting at the same time? Then I’m pretty sure it comes down to genetics and often cloning plus perfect conditions. Still dream of the full canopy!

Edited by Zonad
  • Thanks 1

On 02/10/2020 at 10:57 PM, Zonad said:

Hey @TheMooseZeus,

No expert by any means and maybe I am misinterpreting... I have heard if your monotub is dialled in (search shroomery if not familiar with dialling in), and you have good clean genetics you should be seeing at least 2 or 3 flushes. As you say regularly your fruits may be ready for picking at different times - just grab them as they’re ready and at some point probably within 3-4 days of your first fruit being ready you can just pick them all. In my mind that signals the end of the first flush. Depending on conditions you may need to soak or mist your substrate at this point but if you have maintained optimal conditions you should be right just waiting for the second flush. Can be from 3-10 days I think roughly before you will see your next set of pins and the start of your second flush. From there repeat... 3rd and 4th flush I have found normally less pins but quite often big fruits. By 3rd or 4th I’m normally starting to see trich and then it goes to the compost.

hope this helps!

z

edit: re-read - if you mean how do you get a full canopy, like all fruits similar size and fruiting at the same time? Then I’m pretty sure it comes down to genetics and often cloning plus perfect conditions. Still dream of the full canopy!

Thank you so much, you managed to decode my post pretty well haha!

I never realised how much genetics would play a role so i'll have to have a play around with clones etc

Cheers!