The Corroboree
sharxx101

Meet up: Ipswich

Meet is on next Saturday at 12pm hope to see you all there :)

Saturday 4th of June at 12pm noon?

Sounds good to me.

Should be able to make it and hopefully bring a friend :)

Awesome HD will be great to see u there

• Like 1

Meet is on this Saturday at noon at the usual spot.

Any new members can pm me for exact location.

Bring a plant for trade or a freebie for a newbie. Hope to see u all there :)

• Like 1

Awesome day out! Thanks to all that came along I'm already looking forward to the next one :)

What does everyone reckon about an overnight camp for the spring one? 

11 hours ago, DJ-MC said:

What does everyone reckon about an overnight camp for the spring one? 

I'm down 

Sounds good to me :)

Sorry I missed the last one.

I was trapped down in NSW doing some flood repair work and didn't have any phone or internet reception. I was supposed to come back Friday, but only got back Monday.

Once again, very sorry I couldn't get a message through with my appologies, but very keen for the spring meet :)

Does that mean we need to book a campsite? Hopefully not during the school holidays then. Maybe we should camp somewhere by the river near Fernvale/Lowood.

Did that plenty of times when I was a kid. It's pretty good if you get a nice spot. 

Edited by Halcyon Daze

We missed ya HD 

I think we could probably find a nice spot that doesn't need to be booked probably closer to esk though... Along the Brisbane valley rail trail there's plenty of spots I'm sure we could happily camp with no dramas.

If we do a camp I'll cook us a mad feed!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJ-MC said:

We missed ya HD 

I think we could probably find a nice spot that doesn't need to be booked probably closer to esk though... Along the Brisbane valley rail trail there's plenty of spots I'm sure we could happily camp with no dramas.

If we do a camp I'll cook us a mad feed!

Sounds awesome, where ever you think is good, I'm down for :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze

I'll be there!  There's a couple of good youcamp places along the river there too, to guarantee privacy.

• Like 2

Those Youcamp places sounded really good Boof, you've mentioned them a few times and I was always keen.

I think we really need to find a place very soon and put it to the vote.

Got any more info? Links/ prices  on the Youcamp.

I propose Boof look further into it and  let us know what he finds :)

And then we see who's in favour etc.

Anyone else keen for Boof to look into the Youcamp option?

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Those Youcamp places sounded really good Boof, you've mentioned them a few times and I was always keen.

I think we really need to find a place very soon and put it to the vote.

Got any more info? Links/ prices  on the Youcamp.

I propose Boof look further into it and  let us know what he finds :)

And then we see who's in favour etc.

Anyone else keen for Boof to look into the Youcamp option?

Found a couple.  One I knew of close to Fernvale looks to have closed.  There are one or two council reserves that free to access, but will have to put up with others close by and previous visitors rubbish.

Have a look at these.

https://wikicamps.com.au/site/Queensland/Campground/Allawah+Scout+Camp/279970 

https://www.hipcamp.com/en-AU/queensland/weefarm-brisbane-river-camping/weefarm-brisbane-river-camping#group_size=1&adults=1 

The first one is closer for those from Bris and has showers and toilets.  Pretend camping really.  Says it gets busy though but I reckon with our numbers we could claim a large section.  The second one is a private place, up to 20 people I think it said, but only two vehicles?

There is of course the camping area on the other side of where we catch up?

• Like 3

I'm keen we could also do some fishing too. Would be nice to get a rod in the water :)

• Like 1

Keen to bring my rod too :)

Well if everyone's OK with it can we let Boof give us his top pick, and then we can all see what we reckon.

We wanna establish a date and venue ASAP.

Cheers Boof, I think it's safe to say this one is yours to run with mate :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Well if everyone's OK with it can we let Boof give us his top pick, and then we can all see what we reckon.

seconded 

down for a fish and a feed with some mad cunts :bong:

• Like 1

Fuck it!  Go away for a bit and come back and find all the jobs have been given to ya!  Right:

- The scout camp one is camping right on the river bank and is 30" closer to Bris (both good), but was always pretty shallow and weedy there (no good)

- The hipcamp one is camping on a flat a little above the river, located 10 mins closer to Bris.  Fishing is a very small walk.  Good part of the river here, deeper, good flow.  Only two cars but?  Would need to car pool from a convenient location... No other campers to contend with.  Unknown how far the site is located from the owners.

So of these two I reckon the second one.  Not perfect, but would be fine.

@sharxx101 We should go for a drive on the weekend to see if there is river access back at some of the spots around the place.

• Like 1

Sounds good @Boof I know of a spot I can show u too that's right on the river :)

• Like 1

Im keen fellaz, found anything yet?:blush:

8 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

Im keen fellaz, found anything yet?:blush:

I've been busy man and haven't had a chance.  Dunno if I'll get the chance this weekend either...

• Like 1

That's OK mate, what if we gave it over to Sharxx for this one?

I remember camping along the river a number of times near Lowood and twin bridges. It was awesome back in the day. Could pretty much do whatever you wanted back then, but its a bit busier nowadays.

Maybe we can all meet at the usual spot and then convoy it out to Sharxxy's top secret camping spot. I might be able to bring a canoe.  Flick some lures, smash a few tinnies... go skinnydipping... all normal guy stuff hey fellas LOL :)

NP for me, I'll get there with Sharxxy at some point.  The spots you mention were all closed off again relatively recently due to ferals leaving their crap (literally crap) and some unfortunate homeless with nowhere else to go had been long staying as well, but of course there are no facilities to support them doing that.  They get closed off periodically every few years, maybe they've opened up again.  Pretty sure Twinnies is still closed off, as is Savages, but I just need the time to drive to the others to see if they are still accessible.  Think the Lowood stretch is closed too.  Used to be able to get upstream of Savages and bypass the bollards etc, but I think residential development has closed that access.  

• Like 1

The place I'm thinking of is still open. We will have to catch up boof when your free so I can show u.

I've been sick so I haven't been in touch.

Chat soon