The Corroboree
Acacia

Serotonin Syndrome - Opiates(?) + Moclobamide

Thanks for chiming in everyone. I won't be fucking around with such substances again... Was scary as hell.

On 02/07/2020 at 2:11 PM, Wile E. Peyote said:

Who knows what was in your heroin

Yeah i'm pretty confident that it was adulterated.

On 03/07/2020 at 7:50 PM, Wile E. Peyote said:

In any case, the food dangers are completely exaggerated

Certainly with moclobamide that is the case. I don't notice any dietary concerns and I have spoken to my GP about it - he confirmed that dietary contraindications are rare.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Acacia said:

Thanks for chiming in everyone. I won't be fucking around with such substances again... Was scary as hell.

Yeah i'm pretty confident that it was adulterated.

Certainly with moclobamide that is the case. I don't notice any dietary concerns and I have spoken to my GP about it - he confirmed that dietary contraindications are rare.

Adulteration would make sense. Having a testing kit on-hand could be helpful.

Yeah the food stuff doesn't apply in this case, not sure why it was brought up.

Edited by Cimi
  • Like 1

i'm quite certain i had serotonin syndrome from a massive dose of aya, nothing else was in my body, very scary...

• Like 1

There's so many synthetic opioids about these days, many extremely potent. It's just not safe to buy heroin anymore. Not that heroin was ever really that safe, but the risk factor has gone through the roof. The massive body count in the US is testament to that.

I'm a fan of harmala alkaloids, I think they have huge potential for healing and personal development. Knowing the risks and contraindications is important though. I've never had any issues mixing them with any psychedelic, but individual chemistry varies wildly and changes as we age. This thread has given me pause. 

• Like 4

On 08/07/2020 at 2:54 PM, Northerner said:

There's so many synthetic opioids about these days, many extremely potent. It's just not safe to buy heroin anymore. Not that heroin was ever really that safe, but the risk factor has gone through the roof. The massive body count in the US is testament to that.

I'm a fan of harmala alkaloids, I think they have huge potential for healing and personal development. Knowing the risks and contraindications is important though. I've never had any issues mixing them with any psychedelic, but individual chemistry varies wildly and changes as we age. This thread has given me pause. 

That's so true. The fentanyl stuff is crazy.

Me too. Thanks everyone for showing me the gaps in my understanding. I think I had decent "entry-level" education about many plants and drugs at uni but not very in-depth. I've seen a massive SSRI overdose where the acute symptoms went on for 4 days but the person still survived unharmed.

The ageing thing is so true as well - the way things affect us can really change throughout our lifetime.

I loved having a testing kit when my friends and I were doing pingers, really gave me peace of mind: https://ez-test.com.au/

Edited by Cimi

Ez test are handy, but the colour charts they supply with the kits are somewhat limited (probably perfect for their target audience).

The chart I've attached here is more expansive, and can be used with Ez tests (pretty sure the kits themselves identify the correct test names, which is essential information if you use this chart).

color-chart-v10.jpg

color-chart-v10.thumb.jpg.d86f4587d1a3bdf9cdc91a7df289a94a.jpg

color-chart-v10.thumb.jpg.d86f4587d1a3bdf9cdc91a7df289a94a.jpg

Edited by Slocombe
Embarrassing typos. I blame autocorrect.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This reagent colour chart should be stickied. If you have all those reagents you can usually work out some semblance of wtf you have. Winner.

This reminds me I also no longer have these.

Edited by Cimi

Ez test is a bit of a rip, it's cheaper to look for the actual reagents. Last time I looked https://reagentkit.biz/ seemed the cheapest Aus option for a mix of standard reagents, although the reagents they offer aren't comprehensive. 

There are also a number of reagent colour charts with some variability in what they say the colour reaction is for different substances. If you get an unexpected reaction it is worth cross checking your results, although I do think the dancesafe reagent chart is one of the better ones. Similar situation with the tripsit contraindications chart. Just another harm reduction deficit. I still dream of a collaborative harm reduction review body including peers with lived experience, service operators, medical practitioners and scientists. 

• Like 5

it just crossed my mind that, quite often people assume, if you say, "it was a very strong aya experience", they think it would not have been as strong, as the person say's.

and i have never heard another source saying, what i claimed, a few posts above...

but believe me if aya gives you halus for 12hours, and maybe more than halve of that time open eyes stuff (like dmt) than it was strong.

many people can't experience aya for more than 3 hours or so, even if the brew was very potent.

one more thing, as i side track talking aya, i definately think thinn stems of caapi are more potent than old thick ones.

thick vines might give a more pleasurable experience...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

I definately think thinn stems of caapi are more potent than old thick ones.

thick vines might give a more pleasurable experience...

That's interesting, I have always assumed the opposite, which was my experience too.

13 hours ago, withdrawl clinic said:

it just crossed my mind that, quite often people assume, if you say, "it was a very strong aya experience", they think it would not have been as strong, as the person say's...

I'm intrigued. What do you mean? Why would they think this?

Edited by Cimi

13 hours ago, Cimi said:

I'm intrigued. What do you mean? Why would they think this?

i believe this happens, without any intent, maybe our brains are hardwired to do so, so we can feel good about ourselves, even if somebody makes "big claims".

certainly members at the aya forums reacted that way, i don't know if this forum still excists.

• Like 1