The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
-RC-

Your Tax Dollars at Work - WA

Please dislike this on YouTube dear friends.

Note the cops info, the narrative's tone, and whatsherface's comments and questions. Fucking disgraceful:

This cop is out there policing someone's private property... of pine forests. I wish cops would come at my beck and call to patrol my property for intruders. Especially dangerous foragers of NON TOXIC mushrooms. This piece does nothing to reduce harm whatsoever, and serves to highlight the fucking ridiculous nature of our drug laws and how they play out in real terms in a cop's day to day duties. Saved some lives that day, not to mention solved some violent crimes too. I think they admit that this sort of policing takes them away from their core duties...

Hazardous effects on the body - cops words. This man is not a scientist, nor is he morally superior to anyone else. I appreciate he has seen someone fucked up on mushrooms; not that pretty, particularly if they have no idea what they are doing (because of chronic lack of information) and if they are mentally ill, but shut the fuck up. You do not know what you are talking about. Do law enforcement, and leave the botanical science and research to those whose job it is to do so. I couldn't care less if you would prefer to go to DVs instead of picking someone up to look after them while they are tripping balls. Get a different job bruz. And ABC.. fark mate. Just don't. Gets my heart racing too much.

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

And the ABC are bitching about getting defunded... lol

Good to see my tax dollars at work.

• Haha 1

I got confronted by the owner of this property last year. He said it was private land he owned and I honestly thought he was full of shit. I made a deal with him that we'd move on to another forest if he didn't call the cops... He honored it.

• Like 3

Didn't actually watch it yet but the title is stupid because they CURE cluster headaches lol

:rolleyes:

Edited by Cimi

Yeah this video doesn't let truth get in the way of a good story but... 

...our property is 10 minutes from this patch and I know the larger area reasonably well. As usual the problem is the usual dicks that ruin it for everyone.

I was there last year when the backpacker went missing for a few days. Obviously the whole story about tripping for 4 days and driving 3 hours to Perth to sell his car and back is bullshit. He did go missing in the middle of winter for several nights after not having a clue what he was doing and eating too many shrooms than he could handle. This used lots of police and other services time and money better spent elsewhere rather than on some idiot who just wanted to get off his chops. No surprise cops are pissed off. 

All the better known patches in the area have been completely trashed by similar dickheads. All of the patches are covered in rubbish - beer cans, bags of waste, shit and toilet paper and even abandoned tents, esky etc. This is the behaviour that really gives not just cops but also locals, shroomers and not, the shits. 

Talk of people sitting in the middle of town tripping balls and being ass holes in general are absolutely true, as with Balingup. Nannup is a fairly close knit community, about half mill workers bringing up families, half retirees plus a few alternative folk into things like yoga and other healing stuff. A few locals go shrooming but it's an overwhelming minority. Nannup is nothing like surrounding towns in the SW with all the tourists, crowds, shops and sea change crowd. 

So yeah the video is way over the top (ABC or not it's still the news) but nothing really when compared to the way people from outside treat this area and communities. Fair enough there's blatantly wrong information in it, but few people outside of researchers or niche communities such as ours here are interested in or understand psychedelics as medicine, and reporters and police aren't scientists. Doesn't mean propagating wrong information is OK but ultimately this comes down to the same old story -  ass holes with no respect ruining it for everyone else. 

I know this opinion might not be popular with everyone but as a sometime local in Nannup, the problem isn't police or media, its overwhelmingly the result of dickheads with no concept of respect, for flora, fauna or communities. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

man your insight was awesome then^ personally i still think wapigs are the worst australian bushpigs ....worse then fnqcops ...

fkn dick3d teens getting on private property for sure before asking permission is a noNO, still hate the wa rozzers but

ah 1st world dilemmas being coot coot coot worst then real world probs .....fucking sheeet fuck

eg

the strip out the front here was chockoblok full of subs and the weirdo tripping ballsz cnut teen wearing fluro trackydaks, stumbling about -  still didn't incur the wrath of the local constabulary -even as i was bringing in the bin and the dogsdivvy van slowed down  - took a long,hard squiz - then just drove away because they used their fucking guile and realized there's way more important shit to deal with today then hanging around on some civilians private property acting all robocop .

Technically you can ring the popo to investigate trespass on your being or indeed property but this is all too rich for many peoples blood either way

• Like 3

Cheers eth. 

Yeah I'm not a huge fan of police, nor dickheads. Not really a fan of humans in general :~ but that's a whole nother story (but dogs man, dogs are really fucken cool).

Ahhh 1st World problems haha,... true for sure... Still gotta love a good whinge though 

Really good insights @Cubism.

Still one guy causes trouble tripping balls, and peeps leave shit everywhere (defo a no no). Fucking happens everyday everywhere. Those young fellas probs have to front up to court and that with their families, who knows what will happen. Put some signs up about private property and litter and get the landcare mob out there every now and then. Don't send the fucking cops in on patrol through the pine forests. I know it's a small town but fuck, this shit should be their lowest law enforcement priority, i.e. trespass on private land (a forest) and littering.

I get it causes a blow up when someone does something dumb, but that's what the cops are for, and they can surely use their discretion a bit better than this. "Yeah, fuckn 4 days of looking for that fuckwit from outta town... fuck that, I'm gunna bust the shit out of anyone and everyone who comes... fuck all the DUI's and domestics, they don't run for 4 days usually... A run through court will fuckn teach these kids. I should get the ABC here to film it too!". Not helpful in the slightest, and now everyone knows old mates patch at Nannup is da spot.

And yet... just pick up your shit and keep it low key I guess? I dunno what the solution is, but education for the cops and everyone else has got to be a part of it, surely?

• Like 1

@Cubism funnily enough the only time ive seen someone litter out there it was a Nannup local. Drinking stubbies and just ditching them into the forest. Also worth noting that you find trash in all kinda bits if scrub, often from people hUnting or popping off guns for target practice  - then leaving shot up targets and remnants of cartons around the place.

The problem really is the cops man. Busting people for picking psilocybe mushrooms is a load of crap and I'm not going to even entertain the concept that the problem isnt the laws. Cops bust pickers indiscriminately.

• Like 1

Nannup has been a well known spot for decades, I was picking there in there in the 90's and the police were hanging around trying to grab dickheads. It's not a new thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Northerner said:

Nannup has been a well known spot for decades, I was picking there in there in the 90's and the police were hanging around trying to grab dickheads. It's not a new thing.

I remember watching the doco "fungimentary" about Ballingup way back in about 1996 and the cops were all over it even back then. Nothing new, ABC online news arm is woeful, but that's what happens when you cut funding for proper investigative journalism (wouldn't want to uncover any white collar crime now, would we?). You end up with lazy stories like this. Next stop Vice!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Acacia said:

@Cubism funnily enough the only time ive seen someone litter out there it was a Nannup local. Drinking stubbies and just ditching them into the forest. Also worth noting that you find trash in all kinda bits if scrub, often from people hUnting or popping off guns for target practice  - then leaving shot up targets and remnants of cartons around the place.

The problem really is the cops man. Busting people for picking psilocybe mushrooms is a load of crap and I'm not going to even entertain the concept that the problem isnt the laws. Cops bust pickers indiscriminately.

Just out of curiosity, can I ask if you've ever spent any amount of time living around nannup or nearby? Not holidaying or shroom raids, I mean interacting with the community? You know, those people who actually live there? 

Just my experiences and opinions though. It's good to think of both sides to the debate. Regardless whether cops are cunts or not, it's not all police vs shroomers. The police are just the public face of a whole community. 

Of course, my opinion is no more valid than any others. 

An FYI the patch where they found the guy is crown land. I've even met a couple of the forestry workers from there. I'm pretty sure police don't go on random patrols through private property. 

EDIT - sorry I meant patrol private property as in it belongs to an individual owner private, rather than it actually being private property of the Crown, if that makes more sense. 

Edited by Cubism
  • Like 2

Stoked that peeps close to this have chimed in. :)

Yeah, there's always two sides to the story. Hoping the time will come when it will just be considered dickheadery when you get lost tripping in the bush, not a criminal infraction comparable to assault or theft. Same goes for picking them.

Edited by Responsible Choice
  • Like 2

Your not wrong about the rubbish at this patch, it's disgraceful... However, I reckon it would be even stevens on the perpetrators as there's always been a lot of younger "recreational' users from surrounding towns for as long as I can remember that have little regard for the area (admittedly I was probably one of them 30+ years ago).

I think the best we can do is take as much out as we can when there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1