The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DJ-MC

SAB discord

5 hours ago, Acacia said:

Couldn't find a discord server link so I've spun one up for us.

https://discord.gg/RzjVdeg

that's because there wasn't one made yet... this thread was created to discuss the idea not just whip up a quick server and slap SAB on it.

Best to test these things through trial you'd think. It's just labeled 'ethno server' now. 

Edited by Acacia

18 hours ago, Acacia said:

Best to test these things through trial you'd think. It's just labeled 'ethno server' now. 

not even at testing yet...

you do you man I opened this thread for discussion about an SAB server on discord but seeing as there isn't a way to rename your thread you have to read what I've said to understand what I am working on, I've since scrapped the idea for a discord serve ( I might make one If i get the time ) because encryption might be a problem without 3rd party apps.

Furthermore, This will be entirely separate from shaman australis botanicals and the Corroboree but the reason I posted here was to hopefully find some forum users who can incorporate practised magik with a modern understanding and are computer capable (not at the user level!) to help build and moderate this platform but like it has been mentioned above most members don't visit often and the lurkers and currently frequenting users are well just not on point.

alot of it seems to be going of the heads of many so I'll try and end this thread in a couple of weeks probably more with a workable link to see the progress of things ( It will probably be alot longer than a couple of weeks but will try to post here for anyone reading and interested with updates )

On 18/06/2020 at 7:42 PM, Cimi said:

I was going to ask the same thing.

Privacy is important to me so I don't really like doing this sort of stuff through Facebook, either.

The Jitsi meets didn't have much of a turnout and that is encrypted which is an attractive feature. There are lots of programs available for voice and video chat and it is a good idea. Makes sense to have SAB connections available on different platforms, and different sub-groups to meet different people's needs.

Edit: Does the "false flag" thing have anything to do with the "discord" referenced by Humboldt above, because I wasn't able to find what he was referring to so I'm in the dark about that.

I typed up a reply to this but it's gone.

I can think of many reasons why the jitsi meet failed but this is just gunna be on 24/7

yes there is heaps of programs that incorporate voice/video chat it's just a matter if it is open sourced software or not, alot masquerade as being open sourced when they're are actually not.

and this is a big part of the picture when it comes to online interaction because of the recent war on internet security anyone who has relied on an OS to run their device is well up shits creek.

when it gets to a more completed state I'll talk to torsten directly about having it as an SAB connection but that could be a long time from now as the workload is pretty ridiculous but going off the feedback on this forum I think I'm just gunna keep it separate until it's atleast somewhat workable and atleast has an interface until then I will probably design and man a discord server with the the SAB name and post the link upon completion but thats a big maybe... 

12 hours ago, DJ-MC said:

encryption might be a problem without 3rd party apps.

I did read what you said. I feel like encryption is a null point considering the forum we are chatting on now isn't even https.

12 hours ago, DJ-MC said:

modern understanding and are computer capable (not at the user level!) to help build and moderate this platform but like it has been mentioned above most members don't visit often and the lurkers and currently frequenting users are well just not on point.

I'm an Applied IT undergrad, happy to help.

Didn't mean to annoy you by making a discord channel, I'm just solutions orientated.

Seems there's an encryption plugin for discord you could check out -> https://chefkochblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/26/discordcrypt-unofficial-end-to-end-encryption-for-discord-has-arrived/

https://gitlab.com/leogx9r/DiscordCrypt/raw/master/src/discordCrypt.plugin.js

Edited by Acacia
  • Like 2

Thanks acacia I'm just grumpy and sick lol sorry to respond like that. 

Any who discord crypt looks pretty good but the only hiccup that would be run into would introducing new bots their program to help with moderating of the server more efficiently have been pretty pre occupied so not much time to proper digging. 

That gitlab link was helpful I think discord will be a great way to test these virtual spaces out before dedicating real time and resources to creating a new platform.

I'm feeling good about this project as many years as it takes but knowing what could be facilitated through this means gets me giddy this honestly should be written in a diary but fuck it why not just post about my processes on a public forum lol 

It's fine DJ-MC, no dramas.

Have you done any planning or documentation for it so far & do you mind if I ask some questions?

Ask away man.

Nothing of that kind yet have just been playing around with ideas, will be without a PC for a while so what I can do with my phone is limited. 

On 18/06/2020 at 7:42 PM, Cimi said:

When planning a new system, first thing you should do is work out who the stakeholders of that system are. Just SAB members? Another community? Invites outside of SAB?
List the stakeholders.

Next, differentiate the different types of user of the system. (admin, mod, user etc.)
List the users.

Then, discern what functions the users need. Just make a brief note of the functions, even mentally is fine.

Then - write use cases. For example - "As a user I want to be able to use encrypted text chat so I can share secrets with other users."

"As a user I want to be able to use encrypted video chat so I can share video casts of my plants with other users safely"

It's important to exhaust all of the necessary functions in this step. 

My question to you is basically the answers to the above. The method outlined above is a reduced version of a systems planning stage you might use in the IT industry. 

If you can let me know the use cases I can help you find a suitable solution :)  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://discord.gg/XK65wRT start of something just need the money to go nitro so should be much better in a few days probably less....

-o-

Still working out some links, https://discord.gg/qBXPnJ.....

You should have admin access once joined.

Will post updates on server

Is this still active?

Edited by Caster