The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Meditator

Who here meditates ^__^

Who here practices any form of meditation?

I start this thread not only to put hands up but also to share experiences and wisdom. 

Also for people who want to learn maybe we could help each other learn. ive been studying meditation for years.

personally i meditate 9 days out of 10.

I usually do traditional anapanasati (mindfulness of breathing) as opposed to the vishuddhimagga version.. lol i dont focus at the entrance of the nose i just KNOW im breathing in or out in other words. But sometimes do shikantaza (just sitting). 

Ive entered states of rather intense pleasure.. and entered the highest stage of savikalpa samadhi (sa asmita samadhi, which goes by the term luminous mind/invisible consciousness in Buddhist philosophy).  

I also love cuddling ^_____^ lol you can tell im young. 

So, who here meditates? 

I feel i should share my wisdom first.

So i have a VERY analytical mind. Even in meditation i do a lot of analysis. Not quite vipassana though. But i did just gain some insights in my last meditation this morning (technically night).

The yin tang meridian (the meridian at the bindu/third eye) is often needled in acupuncture to settle the mind. When the energy flows to the forehead in a balanced manner the mind automatically settles! 
Anyway.. i found a way to centre and sort of gravitize my emotional energies.. i went deep and just found myself as i know my true self to be. In other words i went to the centre of my emotions. 

I found this GREATLY helped me to centre my mind. And in that, i could focus on the breath much much better. I shifted my emotion(s) to simple joy and calm. 

after about 30 minutes i felt my forehead as if it were heavy with a sense of calm that was grounded, and couldnt be shook by thoughts.

i realised, the ajna/third eye chakra being of sight (atleast in sri chinmoys book “Kundalini the mother power” he says it is the chakra of sight.. and it makes a lot of sense.. being a fucking eye lol) is related to light! 

the throat chakra/vishuddha is often related to the element of space (although akasha is said to be a bit different from space) and being the chakra related to sound.. and therefor linguistic thoughts.. if space is filled with a substance (which light is) then the sound has a form of blockage/dulling to it.

if you shoot a gun under water.. the bullet doesnt travel far.. 

This is getting more spiritual.. maybe i should have posted this thread in the spiritual section... its just a chill thing to me lol 

Seriously no one?

Edited by Meditator

Yep I do, or did. I usually go for about 2 months practicing every day and then get in a rut for a few months and then back at it again. 

Vipassana style I guess, just sit in silence. The benefits are huge however I have some chronic pain issues that get the better of me mentally sometimes and it give it up (much to my detriment).

It sounds like you are very advanced in you practice, cool to read your experiences and hope one day I can get to that level. 

Bro you tried mantra meditation? 

whatever you do! NEVER GO FULL RETARD! I was like lol, im gonna let my mind spazz the fuck out xD

i heard voices and shit bro ._. Seriously nearly went into a psychosis...

keep it at something simple like “i am that higher love”.. to me thats a euphoric one to actually let go to... immersing your mind into that level of emotion and truth.

shikantaza is what you are doing. If it works keep going. But try anapanasati methods! Thats my favourite :)

love meditation, dont do it enough though

I benefit alot from meditation but have trouble sticking at things that are good for me.  I guess i do a vipassana style mostly, after 30 odd years on and off i still feel im a beginner though.

I have changed my meditation style to a slightly more active type. I used to sit and just be aware, now I practice breathing deliberately. I have worked daily at it in the mornings for the last few months and I do find it is a great start to my day. My session is around 18 minutes each day. I have struggled in the past to motivate myself to practice consistently with other meditation types, and I think consistently doing it is one of the keys. 

I used to think that I should be getting better at it, or something, but not everything needs to be a linear progression. Now I just do it.

Sometimes I do reach a really amazing state of calm and "isness". Everything goes aqua blue and it just "is".

• Like 1

The other form of meditation I really like is walking meditation. You just walk, and pay attention to walking. 

• Like 2

All good words here. I find any break from my analytical mind to be beneficial for my health

On 18/05/2020 at 10:14 PM, Meditator said:

Bro you tried mantra meditation? 

whatever you do! NEVER GO FULL RETARD! I was like lol, im gonna let my mind spazz the fuck out xD

i heard voices and shit bro ._. Seriously nearly went into a psychosis...

keep it at something simple like “i am that higher love”.. to me thats a euphoric one to actually let go to... immersing your mind into that level of emotion and truth.

shikantaza is what you are doing. If it works keep going. But try anapanasati methods! Thats my favourite :)

I do Shiva chants to clear negative energy and clear my chakras.I also recite this when I'm at work :)

I chant "om Namah Shivaya"  

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1