The Corroboree
Chemiconaut

What TV series would you recommend as a much watch?

Well i'll start this off, I just started watching this after a mate's missus recommend it for me, "I haven't had enough drugs to comprehend this." were her exact words. Lucky this is my wheelhouse all over.

Ep1 A reality traveler goes to an earth with a zombie apocalypse and talks philosophy, hallucinogens and mindfulness with the President.

Edited by Chemiconaut
shitty spelling
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

^^ sounds fun

sure , you know of Rick and Morty, right?? 

A fantastic TV series is Carnivale, which unfortunately was canceled after 2 seasons. It's still very special and unique, with lots of enthousiastic fans, me included.  Excellent cinematography and atmosphere, Carnivale is pure magic. 

I am somewhat of a crime drama TV series completist, I have seen some of the best.  Some Must-sees are:  

The wire, The shield, Homicide: life on the streets, Southland, True Detectives season 1, The killing (the danish version) 

Lots more to suggest, but these are solid, serious, crime drama, the best of the lot. 

Then you got the infamous Sopranos, which is excellent crime/comedy/drama.  This stuff deserves the hype.  

The excellent  prison-drama "Oz" .... 

the list in virtually endless, especially if we are talking about all possible genres. HBO has made some of the best. 

Edited by sagiXsagi

literally none

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Fringe and 13 monkeys the series. Both absolute must sees for anyone into sci-fi and time-travel.

Highly recommend watching fringe on lots of different psychedelics, as it was obviously written under the influence of and while not the reason I am building an Iso-Tank as I have wanted one for years but mine will be used for the same purpose.

American gods is good for couchlock - i fear it will peter out after the first serious though :( - no spoilers fellow travellors

• Like 2

Vikings and The last Kingdom, The Witcher aint bad too

It won't be everyone's bag, but by god I reckon ZeroZeroZero kicks serious ass: https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/zero-zero-zero

It's showing on Thurs nights on SBS, can you can watch already played episodes on SBS On Demand.

It's about the drug trade, and follows the exploits of folks around the world involved in a 5 ton shipment of cocaine.

Feels a bit like Sicario, one of my all-time faves: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sicario_2015 

I will be a little old school here. They still stand up today ;-)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Thanks 1

Workaholics is gold :)

• Like 2

That midnight gospel series was amazing.

I'll add to the list good for a binge is Norseman and Z nation. Both of which are not what you'd expect from the cover. 

Tales from the Loop 

Dispatches from Elsewhere

Homecoming

DEVS

If you ever watched The Karate Kid a bazillion times like me you might've thought Cobra Kai the series might not be the best. Turns out I gobbled that shit up, cackling along for 2 seasons and I'm hanging for the 3rd. Not everyone's cuppa I would wager.

The Boys is also not bad for an over the top antithesis of the Disney Marvel universe, particularly if you always wondered whether being a superhero automatically made you a moral human being... 2 seasons in with a 3rd to come, and hour long episodes to boot!

• Like 2

"close enough" is excellent on netflix if you enjoyed the "regular show" series. It's pretty much the same but waaay more adult oriented and regular show was not exactly for kids to start with.

"Staged" is really quite funny - it's on iView.

I'm also enjoying "The Casketeers" on Netflix.  I cry and laugh at this one so it's a bit of a rollercoaster but I like to feel

• Like 1

On 08/10/2020 at 8:02 PM, Responsible Choice said:

The Boys is also not bad for an over the top antithesis of the Disney Marvel universe, particularly if you always wondered whether being a superhero automatically made you a moral human being... 2 seasons in with a 3rd to come, and hour long episodes to boot!

Yeah it's a mad series. I fk'n despise superhero nonsense, hide outside when the fam watches the latest one, so this series rubs me the right way.

• Like 1

Undone explores "the elastic nature of reality through its central character, Alma. After getting into a nearly fatal car accident, Alma discovers she has a new relationship with time and uses this ability to find out the truth about her father’s death."

Edited by complex
added trailer link

Had been laid up and watched The Boys through back to back. Took a couple episodes to get into... Now awaiting the third season it cracked me up. 

Probably awaiting the second season of The Witcher more though:wink:

Utopia.. There is a UK and US spin on this series. Thought the UK characters were filled out much better.. Stay alive Jessica Hyde

As an aside watched the movie Danger Close : The Battle of Long Tan, and enjoyed the way it captured Aussies. 

• Like 2

The Boys !   Haha.  A great series , yep looking forward to the 3rd season .  I don’t think I’ve ever watched a show with the word “Cunt” used so frequently . 

• Like 1

Definitely agree with The Boys, was heaps funny. Great to see supes as the bad guy assholes for a change.

Agree as well on Utopia, UK version only, didn't like the US one though. They changed it way too much and was nowhere near as dark as the original.

The Expanse if you like space opera scifi shows. Probably my fave show for a few years now. Follows the books really closely too. Seriously hoping Amazon (I think its on Amazon???) keeps it going right to the end of all nine books.

Counterpart was really good if you like parrallel world stuff.

Dark was pretty good too, another parrallel world one from Germany but totally different to Counterpart.

Just watched the new Brave New World which was really cool too.

Has anyone mentioned Westworld? First two seasons were awesome, not so much the third.

Then finally, can't go past a bit of Doctor Who. I like most the new reboot that started in 2005. Not all episodes are great though. Hard to go past the classics from the original Doctor Who, like lots of folk, love a bit of Tom Baker, especially 'Genesis of the Daleks'. Pretty much loved by most Whovians that one. Remember growing up with Tom Bakers Doctor, Sarah-Jane and K9.

On 04/09/2020 at 9:28 AM, Wile E. Peyote said:

Hamilton's Pharmacoepia

The episode on Bufo was beautiful. I want more!

• Like 1