The Corroboree
Chemiconaut

Interesting way to stop L.S.D hallucination that have turned unpleasent.

By accident i found for me on one occasion that i had a  "bad trip"  usual they are during the day on the very rare occasions I've had it happen. I had been using a little Oxycontin at the time maybe 40mg a day, i hadn't had any that day. I dropped some tabs a few hours into it my body couldn't stay still my mood was spiraling at night i'd just go sit in the garden or go into bush and it would go away. During the day though it was too bright to sit out side and it makes it worse to do so. So i asked my partner to  mix me up a 10mg Oxycontin tablet, in my trip i thought maybe because l.s.d hallucinations seem to make your pupils like dinner plates that Oxycontin would make my pupil go to pin prick that it might help but not expecting anything more then to make the experience manageable at best. With in 10sec of the injection of 10mg Oxycontin my heavy moving colour patterns were gone and i was almost normal like i was tripping one second nearly straight the next.

After some research it turns out that that Oxycontin both bond to 5-ht2a, and after more research its how they stop l.s.d hallucinations in a hospital using a compound that competitively bonds to5-ht2a, also explains why people people on certain anti psychotic or schizophrenia can have enough liquid l.s.d that the universal conscious is explaining the meaning of everything and the inter connectivity of everything and everyone and the ones on the med are accusing me of ripping them off.

So i was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience because it could just be me. If not it might help someone not have to suffer with through 8 to 12 hrs of a unpleasant trip

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Average Joe said:

Why on earth would you want to end a trip? Buy the ticket, take the ride... :innocent_n:

:lol: That is almost word for word what i told an aquantance  who would hassle you to get him stimulants then an hour later be like "shit i'm all stimulated for some reason" pop a handful of valium and be asleep in 20mins totally worth spending 100 buck on.

Not so nice when the shoe is on the other foot and you were very nice about it i was a real dick sometimes to them.:lol:

But then i wouldn't of made this discovery, not an issue one way or another

Its only happened twice both during the day and i've not found away to pull out of that death spiral in daytime, its hard to measure ug's amount from trip to trip when its not on relatively evenly blotter. Some one thought old beer stained coaster from the TAB room at the R.S.L were good things to drip lots of liquid l.s.d on. 3 or 4 strong blotters was childs play compared to a 1.5cm square of beer coaster. BEER COASTERS FOR THE GRAND SLAM.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Chemiconaut said:

BEER COASTERS FOR THE GRAND SLAM.  

:wub:

Sounds like a useful last resort. In most cases it's probably better to ride it out no matter how difficult, but there are other cases where it is better to stop the ride.

• Like 1

Ive been on antipsychotics for years.. i jumped off a mountain side once and broke a few bones (and my neck) and they had me on morphine and i was fucking all good mentally... the cun... the bastards refuse to give me a medicine that works! Their 5ht2a antagonists can actually aggravate my symptoms! FTS

• Like 1

@Meditator That suxs to hear. Alot of Doctors in my experience dislike if you have some knowledge of your condition and speak to them directly about what you want or need.  Seems to put them on edge like i did 6yr of uni for my medical degree and you have  'researched extensively'  and you what to speak on my level.    And if you mention prior drug use they just switch off instantly labeling you as some piece of shit.  But you want to increase your dose of highly addictive opiates no questions asked until you need help to get off the mountain of drug they prescribed then its like we have never met, just wait 6week without opiates with a 2day half life till an methadone program can see you.  Thank god for the ones who actually care for the person.   I have friends with schizophrenia and for the most part they have only gotten worse with psychiatric drug treatment, but not every hat fits everyone.     Those 5ht2 antipsychotics are really strong those coasters had me speaking to the spirit of everything/god/higher dimensional enitities but those on the anti psychotics are claiming i ripped them off because oddly enough anti psychotics block the hallucinations, who'd of thought.   Anyway hope you have found the right treatment for your issues.

3 hours ago, Chemiconaut said:

@Chemiconaut I was fine on olanzapine with a decent dose of daily diazepam.. then they put me back on olanzapine without the diazepam and i swear im actually starting to have psychotic symptoms (these people dont even know what dopaminergic receptor hypersensitivity is obviously)..... these people dont know how to treat something theyre too ignorant to even look at the history of successful treatment... i was on an antidepressant and then claimed i dont have depression after seeing her for 2 minutes.... man these people are either unintelligent, or as evil as my delusions/theories are starting to get..

My phone screwed up there.. O_o I cant even fix that post on my computer.. Oh well. Admins should look at that glitch though.

@meditator  Its hard having a MD and being so much smart then your patients ;)  I have been on a plethora of anti depressants some work slightly better the others (if making me numb to everything is positive most of time the depression is better to feeling like an emotionless living zombie)  but most the positive effects last maybe 6mth then i get worse so they up the dose even though i've told them it just makes me worse i get what i call rebound depression worse then what i'm ment to be treating in the first place.  Well lets do the same thing that didn't work before ok wat?  I don't bother anymore better to struggle through the months or years of bad times then playing Antidepressant roulette to be even worse at the end.  I hope esketamine gets approved here as K has given me actual improvements when depressed that last weeks from 1 dose.   

I find most doctor especially bulk billing are more interested in writing a script after a minute or two of diagnosis then have you out the door in less then 5mins.    These SSRI group of drugs are like using a sledgehammer to hammer a pin in, brute force treatments that we have been prescribing for many decades without even understanding there actual route of action until very recently when its realized serotonin or nor adrenaline action isn't the cause of the effect but secondary NMDA and GABA action hence why K is all the rage.

Plus there is such huge amounts of money involved with the Pharmaceutical industry. Patients care is Tertiary after protection and creation of patented meds and corporation profits.  Such hypocrites fine to give 5yr olds D- Amphetamine but its near identical in action and effect at comparible dosage D-Methyamphetamine is made out to be some evil entity even though it was fine to sell to everyone not to long ago. In the U.S Adderal has 5% l-amphetamine i assume so its a different patentable compound. Now they have bonded it with l-lysine as a sustained released mechanism why l-lysine and not on of the many other sustained release compounds like the one mutegenic big pharma spent billions creating, They don't create a new patentable compound. Same with Cannabis being bad but Marinol etc is fine. Heroin an illegal "scourge" but Oxycontin for all.   Ketamine illegal but esketamine all good.  Psilocybn from mushrooms illegal but Psilocybn from genetically modified ecoli bacteria is sweet.

Hail the all might dollar.

Damn i've gone all into 'Conspiracy theory'  territory.  What i ment to say is Doctor's,Corporations and Governments only and always what the best for us always.

Edited by Chemiconaut
  • Like 1

if one is suffering and really wants to stop the trip, then any of a number of sedative drugs would help to take edge off, I know of trustworthy reports that anti-psychotics  (of f.e. Seroquel class)  work 'well' to 'kill' a trip.  

having said this, someone would better think about and work out WHY he had the bad trip and what it meant and not procced to trip as usual and simply adding sedeatives to the mix. Stories from multi drug abusers suggest it might be a slippery slope, a practice which can be both a danger of a possible addiction to sedatives and also diminishing of the whole benenefit and wow-effect of the psych experience. 

If having bad-trips,  re-think your mind set, frequency of use, set+setting ...  

Edited by sagiXsagi

Interesting Chemiconaught.

I've had difficult trips and I've had freakouts, but they are not the same.

Difficult is where your mind literally eats itself about itself. Your whole life plays before you and your issues come round and round in circles and keep smashing you in the face mercilessly. These experiences although difficult are generally positive in the long run ime. They are a strong catalyst for change.

Freakouts on the other hand are just when you've had far too much far too quickly and generally in the wrong setting and shit goes sideways. Illogical delusions and fears can take over and it won't be long before you check yourself into the hospital because you think you are going to die or swallow your tongue or some random shit like this. There's little to no benefit to be had in riding these monsters out. I have actually had a doctor talk me out of a freakout at a hospital. Told me it was all in my head and I'm having a bad trip, then suddenly I wasn't any more. All the symptoms that I was so sure were real moments before disappeared. I apologised profusely for wasting his time and went home. The rest of the trip was great.

I'm old now so I can spot reality check myself even if I'm deep in the soup. Only once in the last decade have I eaten benzos to end a trip, decided it just wasn't worth it. Afterwards I regretted it. It's hard to know though... hard to tell which way the ball was truly rolling. Even though I thought it was downhill at the time.

The docs love antidepressants though. Every time I go near a doctor and mention anything about mental health they are trying to scribble up antidepressant scripts. When I refuse them they get all offended, like who the hell am I to decide what the hell I'm doing with my own body. I should probably just take the scripts and not fill them if I want further help from such quacks.

I've seen what these drugs do to people though, close friends and family have and do still have major issues because of them. They regret ever starting. The long term effects are worse than placebo in several studies, there's no way I'm going to sail that ship.

• Like 1

This is extremely interesting. A friend of mine tried mushrooms for the first time a week ago. It's his first time with anything like that and he had 9g dry over a few hours and even then barely felt it. That amount would wipe the floor with even a seasoned psychonaut.

He frequently takes oxycodone and as it was his birthday I'll bet he treated himself before eating the mushrooms. I'll ask him when I next see him. I'll actually have to warn him because if he eats 9g at once without the oxy he'll probably have an overwhelming experience

I was on oxy for 2 years and still had a great time with all kindsa.

diazepam seems to take anxiety away and smooths out the edges, if thats what you are after.

It usually helps to face the monster more.

Each unto his own.