The Corroboree
Lucifuge

Trichs now not allowed on eBay?

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but...

I just tried listing a trichocereus pachanoi on eBay and got an error message saying it couldn't be listed because it violates their 'drug policy'. This must be a new thing because I have had no trouble listing them in the past. Does anyone know anything about this?

• Like 1

if you have a look at the wording of the active listings you'll see how to get around the DP prompt. Personally i think its only a matter of time before they crack down even harder on the listings. 

That's odd. But yes to the above, wide range of cacti abbreviated. 

I wonder if they would bother cracking down? Figure it's such a small part of ebay.  

Lophs and Catha were due to overarching US policy I believe, interesting Trichs now getting pushed on. 

I never understood why catha is so frowned upon, I get more of a buzz from a cup of coffee. 

"Dangerous new African drug turns people into sex fiends"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have looked at the active listings but can’t work-out the wording to get past it. I end up just planting myself all the cuttings I had anyway. But it does get me worried about what they may ban next.

Don’t use the word Trichocereus. Abbreviate to Tricho. Don’t use San Pedro in the title.

thats the way around it :)

• Like 2

Possibly Glaukus, although it just seems to be an automated prompt that picks out specific words. I haven't heard of anyone experiencing anything other than that.

Yes I wanted to sell some lophs on Ebay but couldn't. Pretty fucked, hey.

• Like 1

There's still Scumtree and FB Marketplace otherwise just get creative with the names so you don't trigger the ban. 

Now they've banned caapi on ebay as well.

Come to think of it when I was selling caapi on there I was getting a lot of messages asking about using it to get high or make changa. I think if people could learn to be more discreet it would decrease the likelihood of certain things getting banned.

eBay's and Paypal's behaviour and fees are shit anyway. 

• Like 1