The Corroboree
steama

Rape’ and Sananga importation

I’ve been searching and searching for information about the legalities of importing rape’ and sananga to Australia. Can anyone enlighten me? Is it illegal?

I saw some people discussing importation duties associated with rape’. Does the duty apply to any amount? 

Any information would be greatly appreciated!

You betcha duty is applied to any weight of tobacco products on detection. GST gets factored as well. 

If applied on detection and cleared you'll get a notice to pay before they release it. Sometimes they would get through unmolested ..... 

Previously you could import up to 1.5kg chewing tobacco or snuff for oral use without a permit to import. It is to be correctly declared, otherwise destroyed on detection.

Check border force for the current amount of baccy products allowable to be mailed without import permit for any changes.  

That's without any perceived quarantine issues,issues with packaging, overethusiatic border force monkey....

Edited by waterboy 2.0
Cleared

Cheers, thanks for that waterboy. I assumed there would be duties on any amount. I’ll check the up to date info for import permit amounts.

Do you know anything about sananga? Whether it’s ok to mail to AUS? I can’t find any mention of it anywhere

Contains ibogaine as an active, there are scheduling issues("controlled"). S4 I think, I'm too tired to check ATM, could have changed. (the poisons standard - SUSMP handy document although must check for current revisions) 

Technically I'd say it's a no, but there are folks claiming to sell it here that may have been imported regardless or counterfeit. The first more likely,be cautious of the second. 

Edit - another beaker brighter than me may Chime in on  this

Edited by waterboy 2.0

So I just went down the rabbit hole of reading the poisons standard, and you’re right, ibogaine is schedule 4.

From my understanding, sananga is not made from tabernathe iboga, but from tabernaemontana undulata. Same family, but different genus. It looks like they share a bunch of alkaloids, but I can’t find a definitive answer about ibogaine being an active in sananga. I wonder if it would fall into a grey area because of this?

Hi,I'm of the understanding sananga has a relatively short shelf life.  Say 6 months, I imagine it might be difficult to know what's fresh, how much to buy, ect when importing.

Peace

I did find a place in the UK that sends it sealed so that it doesn’t need to be refrigerated until it’s been opened. In terms of general shelf life though, you may be right. I guess there’s no way of knowing how long they’ve had it before sending

@steama

Sent you a link, I cannot vouch for and have never purchased anything off them. 

Check they are not drop shipping:wink:and use whateva due diligence you think needs to be done. 

Edit- tempted to explore myself but I'm povo and my doctors would have a shit fit... Lol

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 1

Neither are illegal, I had close friends bring alot through customs from South America... God what a story.... They wanted to spray everything with fly spray and just so dumbfounded by rahpe and sanaga and any medicines in general lol... But weight for Rahpe is an issue.... And customs are just dumb and seize stuff that confuses them.... I know of many who get both through fine no hassles and others who have had it seized and get the letter saying they have the choice to contest it or it gets destroyed...

Usually the sellers try to resolve any issues with customs... Such as katukina.com they state that they have cleared it up with customs... But you never know... Its your money down the drain if customs pull that card on you.... 

Even rahpe in my understanding starts to lose its kick after a year give or take... Good to find a seller that's making it fresh... Better to know someone who brings it over fresh from the natives :P

Good luck. 

• Like 2