The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Melbourne - EGA Fantastic Fungi Screening & Mycology Panel Discussion

EGA Fantastic Fungi Screening & Mycology Panel Discussion

Tickets Page - www.trybooking.com/BHRSL
Facebook Event page - https://www.facebook.com/events/861421287627029/

On Thursday, January 30, Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) presents a Melbourne special film screening of the new feature documentary, Fantastic Fungi, followed by a panel discussion with leading experts from the world of mycology, ecology, and psilocybin therapy. Directed by Louie Schwartzberg, Fantastic Fungi is a consciousness-shifting film that takes us on an immersive journey through time and scale into the magical earth beneath our feet, an underground network that can heal and save our planet.

Fantastic Fungi, directed by Louie Schwartzberg, is a consciousness-shifting film that takes us on an immersive journey through time and scale into the magical earth beneath our feet, an underground network that can heal and save our planet. Through the eyes of renowned scientists and mycologists like Paul Stamets, best-selling authors Michael Pollan, Eugenia Bone, Andrew Weil and others, we become aware of the beauty, intelligence and solutions the fungi kingdom offer us in response to some of our most pressing medical, therapeutic, and environmental challenges.

Imagine an organism that feeds you, heals you, reveals secrets of the universe and could help save the planet. Fantastic Fungi is a revelatory time-lapse journey about the magical, mysterious and medicinal world of fungi and their power to heal, sustain and contribute to the regeneration of life on Earth that began 3.5 billion years ago. You’ll see it through the eyes of mycologists, discussing the unlimited potential of fungi in the fields of food, medicine, expanding consciousness, bioremediation, neurogenesis and treating end-of-life anxiety. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

The screenings will be accompanied by a mycological panel featuring ecologist and environmental photographer Dr Alison Pouliot, mycologist Caine Barlow, ecologist Sapphire McMullan-Fisher, fashion designer and founder of Mycelium Made, Amanda Morglund, and President of PRISM, Vice President of EGA, research fellow in Medicinal Chemistry at Monash University, and co-lead investigator of the upcoming Melbourne psilocybin trials at St Vincent's Hospital, Dr Martin Williams. The panels will be facilitated by the coordinator of Fungimap, Cameron Durnsford, and Enpsychedelia host, Nick Wallis, will MC.

The screening starts at 6:30pm sharp, Thursday 30 January 2020 at Cinema Nova, Carlton, Victoria. Doors open from 6:15pm. Tickets are $24 (concession), $29 (general), and $34 (EGA supporter). This is a limited capacity event, so book early to avoid missing out.

Find and share the Facebook event page by clicking here

“Schwartzberg’s film quickly proves to be one of the year’s most mind-blowing, soul-cleansing and yes, immensely entertaining triumphs.” ~ Matt Fagerholm, RogerEbert.com

“A must see for anyone interested in life, death and the pursuit of the planet’s well-being.” ~ David Carpenter, Forbes

“As researchers describe the workings of vast underground networks of mycelium, the filmmakers offer CG that is just as polished as the time-lapse, and more colourful. It’s spookily beautiful, even, especially when envisioning what lies unseen beneath old-growth forests.” ~ John Defore, The Hollywood Reporter

ABOUT ENTHEOGENESIS AUSTRALIS (EGA)

Entheogenesis Australis (EGA) is an information-based, volunteer charity. It exists to provide a forum for critical thinking and balanced discussion about ethnobotanical research, pharmacology, neurosciences, philosophy, anthropology, history and related areas of study. EGA offers a welcoming space to examine past and present relationships between people, plants and the environment. It encourages gardening and the care/collection of plants that have a traditional relationship with humankind and promotes knowledge preservation around medicinal plants and related compounds.

See - entheogenesis.org

EGA respectfully acknowledges the traditional custodians of the stolen land on which this event occurs, the Boon Wurrung and Woiwurrung (Wurundjeri) peoples of the Kulin Nation. We recognise that sovereignty was never ceded and pay respect to Elders past, present, and emerging. We stand in solidarity with First Nations People in the fight for climate justice.

On Thursday 30 January 2020 at 6:30pm

Cinema Nova 

380 Lygon St, Carlton, Vic 3053

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

On 08/01/2020 at 9:21 PM, RonnySimulacrum said:

The screening will be followed by a mycological panel featuring ecologist and environmental photographer Dr Alison Pouliot, mycologist Caine Barlow, ecologist Sapphire McMullan-Fisher and President of PRISM, Vice President of EGA, research fellow in Medicinal Chemistry at Monash University, and co-lead investigator of the upcoming Melbourne psilocybin trials at St Vincent's Hospital, Dr Martin Williams. The mycological panel will be facilitated by Cam Durnsford the coordinator of Fungimap.

Ermahgord. I just saw this.

I am very seriously thinking about heading down to Melbs for the night on the off chance I get to even be in the same room as the panel crew, all of whom are my idols

I've been watching the progress on this film for years, so glad they've finally finished it. I bet it is a masterpiece.

As usual everything is a million miles away from me. So jealous of you folks who are close enough to attend.

Righto, I bought tix to the second screening, just on the off chance I can get down there. Ends 2300

The first, early screening is already sold out.

I so wanna be at the panel thing, congratulations and thank you for getting all those people together Obtuse and Ronny and EGA crew. Hope to see you there 

Updated :), Yes thanks goes out to Obtuse and Adele and the crew for pulling this one together, its an amazing lineup.

The screenings will be accompanied by a mycological panel featuring ecologist and environmental photographer Dr Alison Pouliot, mycologist Caine Barlow, ecologist Sapphire McMullan-Fisher, fashion designer and founder of Mycelium Made, Amanda Morglund, and President of PRISM, Vice President of EGA, research fellow in Medicinal Chemistry at Monash University, and co-lead investigator of the upcoming Melbourne psilocybin trials at St Vincent's Hospital, Dr Martin Williams. The panels will be facilitated by the coordinator of Fungimap, Cameron Durnsford, and Enpsychedelia host, Nick Wallis, will MC.

The first screening sold out in 5 Days and the Second one very much almost there, this is not a joke, if you wont to be part of this get your tickets now - www.trybooking.com/BHRSL

See you there 

R

That. Was. Beautiful.

Thanks to Ronny, Obtuse and Adele and the EGA crew for putting this together. Was very much worth the trip to Melbs.

Panel was gorgeous, hell, the audience was gorgeous. A lovely mixed bunch of age and backgrounds, some were familiar with EGA's work, others knew more about the myco-side but quite a few knew of both.

Audience had a pretty good grounding in all things mushroomy, which made for some excellent questions to the panel. The book table near the ticket point was often crowded with people who had at least one of the references if not more before they even got there. The venue was awesome

The panel. I am such a myco-groupie. They all made themselves available for chats before the event and during intermission and a few stuck round afterwards and they were all fucken lovely people with a grace I can only envy. Question time was professional, comprehensive and respectful and thus also awesome

If you get a chance, go to one of Dr Alison Pouliot's workshops or forays. She's got a really impressive schedule the next few months, quite a few covering specific species of interest ( how cool's that ) and apparently they book up full- fast. https://alisonpouliot.com/workshops-events/

Sapphire and Fungi4Land: https://fungi4land.com/ about the most worthy book project of the decade. Love her work. I will buy all the t-shirts.

Fungimap and iNaturalist. Best citizen science work on the entire planet ( I will find you that reference Cam, I promise ) Do they even need a link? Everyone knows em. Here, have the link anyhow https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/fungimap-australia

Ah yeah, the film. Didn't get to see it. Sure it was fantastic tho, everyone seemed to like it :D

Kudos to you all the lot of you. And thanks again

Bonus points to me for being lucky enough to hang out with Obtuse heaps, and for working out how to use the bloody coffee machine thing at the flat

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 2

Going to see this on Sunday with another member. Can't wait it looks awesome. It is nice to see some positive movies about our amazing world instead of all the doom and glume of climate change. With positive movements like this we can achieve anything :)

Edited by sharxx101
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1