The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Flux

Bad Trips - James Jesso in Sydney

Hey Sydneysiders,

The next APS-Sydney event will be an afternoon tackling the dark side of psychedelics.

We will be hosting an afternoon with the insightful James W. Jesso, Canadian author, public speaker, and podcast host in the psychedelic field. We will also handing over the microphone to you, the psychedelic community to share your own stories so we welcome you to message us with your name and a quick outline of what you would like to share at:

Bad Trips: Rehabilitating after Psychedelic Turmoil

Bad Trips are troubling and complex phenomena. This talk will provide a conceptual framework for understanding bad trips: where they come from, what it means/takes to rehabilitate, and what the culture gets wrong about them from Jesso's unique blend of spirituality, trauma-informed psychotherapy, and interpersonal neurobiology.  The lecture will offer some context for 'bad trips' that enables a healthy and helpful approach to the wounding and challenges that come with them.

• WHEN:  Sunday, 27 October 2019 from 12:30-16:30 pm
    WHERE: Mothership Studios, Marrickville, 18-22 Sydney st, Marrickville, Sydney 2204,
    TICKETS:  $20-$25

Image may contain: 2 people, text

...really need a few more folks folks willing to share their stories in a chill, non-judgemental and supportive environment 

If I'm around I'll come and share a story or two. My last bad trip on shrooms sent me away from the whole deal for nearly 20 years. Not that I remember much of it, I got concussed and woke up with a smashed face.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

^ but was it bad before you passed out.  smashed face can really put a dampener on anyone's day.

• Like 2

Gotta wait for those steady legs/head before you make a move aye. Psilocybin head rush will put anybody on their arse calling feably for their missus to peel them of the hardwood floor... :blush: :wink:

13 minutes ago, Responsible Choice said:

Gotta wait for those steady legs/head before you make a move aye. Psilocybin head rush will put anybody on their arse calling feably for their missus to peel them of the hardwood floor... :blush: :wink:

It's more of an actual physical thing for me, I have low blood pressure at the best of times, but cubes really dilate my veins, and I've had several severe episodes that ranged from scary, to actual blackouts, to smashing myself up in a very bad way, waking up with an oxygen mask...

A few of the SAB gang can attest that I go down at times. Nowadays, I can usually feel it coming and I get down as low as possible...

• Like 1

Also interesting that subs don't tend to do this to me as much as cubes. Maybe I'm just more incapacitated in general with subs and can't be bothered to even try to move!

• Like 1

That'd be bloody awesome if you could share that one Glaukus !!

Let me know as soon as you can if you can make it, so we can put the speakers names on the door

I'll chat with you tomorrow buddy. I could relate the tale of my first mushroom experience when someone was car surfing and jumped off at 50kmh...

Only heard of the one blackout, and that was from fresh pans. From on the back at floor level to standing, after many timeless intentions to do such and each attempt thwarted by wobbly legs, or just getting to a knee, then just going for  the full stand up. Apparently very DMT like in the onset of the headrush, but with the familiar tunneling/blackout of the pass out/faint. Or so I've heard.

• Like 2

I would love to go, but a bit far of a drive :). Any chance the presentation would be available online at some point in the future?

On 11/10/2019 at 9:52 PM, Insequent said:

I would love to go, but a bit far of a drive :). Any chance the presentation would be available online at some point in the future?

We do film all our events and James' talk will definitely be up on our Youtube channel sometime after.

However for those people sharing stories - we will only video people who are okay with being be filmed 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flux said:

We do film all our events and James' talk will definitely be up on our Youtube channel sometime after.

However for those people sharing stories - we will only video people who are okay with being be filmed 

Ok, that's great. I'll keep an eye out for it. Thanks, Flux. Love ya work. :worship:

• Like 1

That'd be bloody awesome if you could share that one Glaukus !!

Let me know as soon as you can if you can make it, so we can put the speakers names on the door

BUMPING THIS POST TOO - 

I saw James's talk at Rebel Herbal in Nimbin over the weekend and it was incredibly insightful and definitely one of the highlights ! SO don't miss out out on this rare opportunity to see him in Sydney !