The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
readyasever

The ACT has just legalized Cannabis!

Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk yes! 

• Haha 1

Looks like it was all thanks to this man (28 year old labour politician Michael Petterson):

Pettersson_biography.jpg

His argument is that it will take the monopoly off big game crims like bikies etc because people can acquire it themselves.

He is unofficially known on the streets as "the sickest white boi in the game":

Edited by readyasever
  • Haha 1

All praise lord Petterson!

Still I'd never live in canb, so hopefully the ripples are fast and strong! 

• Thanks 1

This is why people need to KEEP VOTING! Every time I hear someone say 'There's no point' or 'The parties are all the same' etc, I just want to punch them in the face. Voting can and does work, it just takes a really loooooooooooooong time. Yeah it sux alright, but it's just so damn important.

The bad guys will forever be trying to use the system to get rich and controll people,  but at least the fight is words and pens, rather than knives and guns.

The system sux but you gotta fight for your right. Humans will always have to fight for their right so just KEEP VOTING no matter how bad you're gonna lose. That's how you eventually turn the tides. Just look at the US where they've made the impossible happen over 10 short years.

By the way, this fight's not over. It's just notched up a gear against the federal government, so strap in and hopefully the issue will play out in the next federal election.  :)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 4

On 26/09/2019 at 10:24 AM, Halcyon Daze said:

Every time I hear someone say 'There's no point' or 'The parties are all the same' etc, I just want to punch them in the face.

The whole thing is rigged by aliens in human proxy suits dude, no point... seriously

P.S. you're saying vote labour and greens btw

Edited by readyasever

Well, this result is a bit confusing...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-25/act-first-jurisdiction-to-legalise-personal-cannabis-use/11530104

The Territory has legalised personal use, but it's still considered a federal offence. All police in Canberra seem to be AFP (Australian Federal Police) who presumably uphold federal law, meaning they'd just as likely arrest and prosecute any users as they would have before the new Territory law was passed.

What's the deal? :unsure:

58 minutes ago, anton_ said:

Well, this result is a bit confusing...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-25/act-first-jurisdiction-to-legalise-personal-cannabis-use/11530104

The Territory has legalised personal use, but it's still considered a federal offence. All police in Canberra seem to be AFP (Australian Federal Police) who presumably uphold federal law, meaning they'd just as likely arrest and prosecute any users as they would have before the new Territory law was passed.

What's the deal? :unsure:

Well, from what I read ACT Policing has indicated it understands the position of the ACT Government, and intends to respect it as best as it can. The Chief Police Officer said they would continue to focus less on consumers of cannabis, and more on organised crime pushing large volumes of the drug. He said that the cops arent going to start a campaign of going out and charging everyone with Commonwealth offences... It was also advised that the ACT's laws would provide a defence to anyone charged under Commonwealth law (legal aid im assuming) supposing that even would happen which i bet wouldn't, so long as the officers are well informed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, readyasever said:

The whole thing is rigged by aliens in human proxy suits dude, no point... seriously

P.S. you're saying vote labour and greens btw

No actually, I'm saying vote for those who represent the people best, rather than controlling them , I wouldn't care what a political party calls themselves, whichever one is the least worst then vote for them. So simple, yet such a quantum leap for some.

• Like 2