The Corroboree
DiscoStu

do you believe telepathy is real?

by telepathy i mean reading/hearing other peoples thoughts. not so much empaths but genuinely knowing what another is thinking. i guess i will include knowing an occurrence/presence of another human, but i want to know if you believe it exists in the more literal sense

Yes I do, I have experienced it. It was a very strange day, one of the best I've ever had. There was acid involved and I know  lot of people will roll their eyes at that but hey.

For about an hour, my best mate and I were in this state where he would be talking but they were my thoughts coming out of his mouth and vice versa. We were having shared visions. I also saw an eagle flying so high it was nearly invisible, then when it dived for a fish in the river, I saw everything through that eagles eyes. It was absolutely amazing.

• Like 4

No, at least not directly, I believe you can see what people are thinking indirectly via reading their body language,facial expressions, tones and such and then extrapolating what they are or may be thinking with various degrees of accuracy, but no, I know of no mechanisms available to us that would allow for direct reading of other peoples thought and nothing to suggest this is actually possible.

This seems like the kind of thing it would be extremely easy to test and show if it was actually possible, maybe someone that thinks it is or they can do this should do such a test.

• Like 1

On 10/08/2019 at 2:46 PM, DiscoStu said:

not so much empaths

I have experienced both Zool's  " indirectly" as well as some of what Glaukus is talking about. Don't forget about empaths. Taken to a high level would be far nicer than simply knowing what they are thinking. 

On 10/08/2019 at 7:44 PM, ZooL said:

easy to test

I don't know. I recon with a substance induced event, the testing process itself would influence the trip so much it would skew the data. Additionally for me, these sort of things are rare and happen organically.

Edited by Crop
Accuracy
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crop said:

I don't know. I recon with an acid induced event, the testing process itself would influence the trip so much, it would skew the data. Additionally for me, these sort of things are rare and happen organically.

Ah ok, So it's like someone that can only turn invisible when no ones looking and it only works sometimes?

I've lost count of the times I've thought of someone and then received a text from them.  not sure this is telepathy though or just my very mild superpowers.

• Like 6

I have one friend who i share a long history with. We catch up about every 12 months but its always like we seen each other yesterday. A strong bond can probably explain that. However when he is stressed out or i am for whatever reason we always call each other out of the blue. We've done alot of Dimitri together and had very similar experiences and it really does make you think whether you can get so close to another soul that you can feel their emotions.... like really see a beacon when they need it. weird but whatevz

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ZooL said:

Ah ok, So it's like someone that can only turn invisible when no ones looking and it only works sometimes?

just like "everything that's proved by Science! is real" I guess

9 hours ago, ZooL said:

Mate just pointing out that designing your test for something like this, may not be as easy as you think. Your welcome to solve the problems I presented.

but in all seriousness i've been thinking about this. and all this is based off no research other than watching a few you tube videos so take it for what you will

but i imagine it would be like trying to see some branwaive entrainment type stuff between two resonant bodies (brains)

so we know magnetic stimuli influence thoughts (Persingers helmet i.e.)

and we know thoughts manifest as electrical signals ( if you want to believe Scientists! know what they're talking about. and by scientist i mean materialists.)

and electrical signals generate magnetic fields

so maybe "telepathy" is like a kind of magnetic brain entrainment?

so the question is how to measure that, and which subjects to choose.

i guess you would want to choose 2 people who intimately know each other as they would be relative in tune already

and would need to take place in a faraday cage

so it's a question of how do you measure a thought?

thats the basic premise anyway. more just a thought experiment than an actual plan ;) 

• Like 2

They named harmine "telepathine" for a reason.

• Like 2

In hermetic philosophy everything is mind, in modern day physics they are saying everything is consciousness...... We have both. Both are alterable.

Empaths.... Knowing exactly whats about to happen before it happens........

Do I believe in Telapathy?     Of course,  me and the mrs have been reading each others minds for years ! ...   We have been together nearly 30 years mind you. But yeh,   its gotten to the stage we dont even have to talk to each other . E.g " what ya want for dinner  etc.     Its real.

• Like 2

There might not be any scientific sort of proof for telepathy but I'm sure that I've communicated with other aspects of my own self such as my higher self or the more expanded state of my consciousness in a higher dimensions. It can take time and persistence but I feel that with regular focused intention our higher awareness can and does respond in ways that can be extraordinarily significant. I'm coming back baby!

On 10/08/2019 at 10:01 PM, SayN said:

I've lost count of the times I've thought of someone and then received a text from them.  not sure this is telepathy though or just my very mild superpowers.

Yeah, happens to me all the time and always has. I think of someone suddenly, then the phone rings and it's them.

I think a lot of people are tuned in like this though, or are they? I just kinda thought it was normal.

• Like 1

Dude! Various altered experiences chuckling at my copilot's thoughts. That's half the attraction bro! :o :lol: :shroomer:

No, not in that sense. What Zool is describing is emotional intelligence and intelligence in general, being able to read situations body language etc.  What Mr B. caapi is describing is , I think, something similar,  coming from extreme familiarity between a couple. 

But maybe there is indeed some corelation with psych use and reading body and face of people. 

Despite being an atheist, I think there might be some forms of 'telepathy' in some more susceptible people and/or animals. But in most cases reported the content of the "telepathic message" is not clear at all,  it's mostly like "there was a strong message / psychic thing"  so not really provable as "not a coincidence"  in rationalistic / scientific point of view. 

I have experienced something like this,  (a form of 'evil eye' which is very popular in greek folk) . That is, I watched the thing unfold, I was neither the one giving nor receiving the evil eye.  Can I be sure it was not a coincidence? Nope.. I just know that it was the same time person A was bad-mouthing  person B, as person B reported to me later  "who the fuck was evil-eyeing me?" . I never revealed either of them what took place. If it was a coincidence, it was a very 'lucky' one.  

I like the concept of  some sorts of "strong" thoughts are 'magnetic waves'. maybe cats can sense this. I have a nice cat story. We were chilling around a fireplace in some house, it was winter but it was very warm and cozy, and in front of me, closer to the fireplace was a cat sleeping on a stool in a warmer spot. I was very stoned and cozy, and I remember noticing the cat's posture (I fricking love cats and their physicality)  and I had an intense spontaneous "jealousy" moment in my mind, I was thinking something along "oh, look at this cat, how nice, and physically confortable it is", and I felt that the cat is so lucky to be able to be like that. There were several people around the fireplace, and I dindnt move or make a noise, I was very still, but as soon as I made this thought, the cat woke up and quickly raised its head, turnt and stared me directly in the eyes maintaining the bodies mosture. That was so fucking cool. It was like she sensed something was coming from me.  Its something that again could be a coincidence, but it felt so real. 

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 1

So.. according to some philosophers, all is mind. Personally ive thought and pondered and contemplated and meditated on this idea..

if you can get to the source energy of.. the very fundamental level.. of this reality.. and send your thought (like you can look at an object and think of it anything, does your mental quanta affect it? Maybe.. anyone know magick? Anyone ever hear of Dr. Emoto?) along that plane of (pure) existence and use it like a form of radio transmission.. idk only theory.. but if you tell me that makes no sense, either elaborate on it or simply fuck off, unless you wanna talk science.

reality is ONE thing.. we are all connected. Reality is a concept. Beyond concept is a concept. Consciousness is a concept beyond simple understanding.. because understanding is mental. Consciousness is so much more.. its knowingness of emotion beyond connotation.

shaktipata...........

Edited by Meditator
Just had to add one thing