The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
woopwoop

Have you ever lost Prints in the mail? (Aus only)

Just wondering if you ever had Prints that were sent from interstate that never arrived? Would you consider 10-14 days for a interstate letter too late and a lost cause? 

Yes I would.  Gone.

I lost a package last month - express posted too.  It made it from the PO to the depot and then... vanished.  Thinking about it I wondered if it was simply that I had addressed it to "Peter" with no surname.  Is that suspicious?

I wonder what auspost would think when they eventually open them up and find a spore print lmao

Edited by grantly

Loads of things can happen, one of those unlikely events is that they’ve opened it up, even more unlikely that anyone would know what it actually is. 

Ive had things, like electronics, come from interstate and it’s taken up to 3-4 weeks. Delay in postage, delay at the post office, etc can all add up. It might still turn up. 

Also im quite sure if it is a psilocybe spore print it is not legal here in Australia. Someone correct me if I am wrong. So it’s probably in your best interest to accept it as lost if it does not arrive. 

^ prints for microscopy purposes are not illegal

20 hours ago, SayN said:

^ prints for microscopy purposes are not illegal

Thats good to know, do you have any links for this to be 100% sure? / is each state different or is it all the same?

EDIT:

I've found this thread: see post 9:  

Regarding the importation into Australia, they are illegal.

As for postage within Australia, they may be legal for microscopy purposes, BUT...

would Using the defence of 'for microscopy purposes only' stand up at all in court once they've searched a house, found tools used to cultivate mushrooms and also (most likely) no microscope?

But then again I'm sure they have bigger fish to fry than a spore print through the mail. 

Edited by Caster