The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
caludia

Lawnmower for sale ;)

RK, maybe i could sweeten this already sickeningly sweet deal, by pointing out that if YOU don't buy this mower, SOMEONE will How's that for ethics? Someone's gonna clog the atmosphere, may as well be me

i'm sorry i used that phrase 'ethical' on the other topic (the vego topic). I meant, my REASONS for being vego are intellectual/ethical, not religious, and certainly not health-based :) I certainly am not saying that i am an ethical person! as Shaw said i believe (i have tons of these quotes you know), "animals are my friends, and i dont eat my friends". That's a good reason for a bleeding hearted softy like me to try to keep vego. There are a lot of mean people around, even on this forum, so us softies need to stick together. So how bout it?

Seriously, as far as emissions go, yes, it does smoke a bit, being a 2 stroke. However it's in good nic and hopefully that will reduce its potential emissions to near the lower limit possible for a 2 stroke engine. (Darcy did i say that right?)

i'm sure i could add some interesting freebies to your mower purchase from the garden, too.

Burger King has had their Vege Burger avail long before other big horrible fast food places did. They deserve some credit for that. They also deserve pain for other things they do, but keep positive, the glass is half full

MetalGuru:

I certainly am not saying that i am an ethical person! as Shaw said i believe (i have tons of these quotes you know), "animals are my friends, and i dont eat my friends". That's a good reason for a bleeding hearted softy like me to try to keep vego. There are a lot of mean people around, even on this forum, so us softies need to stick together. So how bout it?    

this presents me with a quandry, i talk to my plants and behave in a very friendly and nurturing manner towards them, what if plants are my friends? hmm can't eat my friends, is it possible to have packet soup as a pal.

my advice is, please dont analyze anything i write, since that will only embarrass us both (me more, actually )

back to the lawnmower... it is really looking fine this morning... it is speaking to me, saying things like "rip my cord", "turn me on", "ride me", things like that.. i swear it is a nice looking blue colour. The unleaded is pre-mixed with oil, lovingly.... there is a lot of good to be said about this machine... such quality manufacture, too!

Come on, $150, that's good value for something rarely used and well-cared for.

$150?!?!? Think of what you could buy with the $$ you save.

[ 26. February 2005, 09:53: Message edited by: MetalGuru ]

edited coz u edited. if i was living closer to this mower i might relieve u of it as i need one atm. two strokes rev higher and are more suited to my style of lawn (see neglected). probably time i rebuilt one of my first model victas, when revving well u can run them into thistles six foot high. give me a 2stroke any day.

[ 26. February 2005, 17:47: Message edited by: waterdragon ]

2 stroke engines have more grunt, and i heard that angle story aswell...but 2 strokers wear out faster...

guess which brand of bike win's the rally?

KTM 2 strokers, from austria,

not the 4 strokers.

Sorry mate I have decided against it ... you are right, someone else will buy it & clog the atmosphere, but at least I won't feel guilty about it every time they do it, like I would if I was the one using it.

OBTW don't take the "ethical vegetarian" stuff too seriously, I was only having a dig, I know no-one's perfect.