The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
caludia

Lawnmower for sale ;)

i know, find another forum for your freaking garage sale. i just thought maybe there is a botanist here who needs to maintain a trim tanned garden. i just bought an enviro-friendly "manual" push mower so i no longer want my 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new)

Sorry if this is not the place for such an advertisement of a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new)

If this is not the place for a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new), advertisement, i promise not to put such an advertisement for a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new) here again

Don't reply to this topic if you are interested... just PM me with an offer. I'll send you pics if you want.

sorry, edit: i'm in SYDNEY, only PM if you can come pick it up. It really is worth it... you will be saving hundreds of dollars (must have cost $500 new in 2002? something like that)

[ 18. February 2005, 15:11: Message edited by: MetalGuru ]

This is totally the right place for the advertisement of a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new).

I disagree, i don't think it is the right place to advertise a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new).

Anyway, i don't understand why you would sell a a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new) so soon after purchase...

I mean come on! it IS a a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new).

oh friggin yeehah, love that pushie model. got plenty of old push type mowers too, might do me one in a dragster with big sissy bar and ribbons in the handles...and clip on some plastic to putt along in the rear spokes too.

ROTFLMFAO

The sad thing Lurks is I think that's a brilliant idea and I'm now looking at my 10 speed with a stupid grin...environmentally friendly and exercise all at once :D

that's a damn good mower in the photo. A hellcat. My new push mower is swedish, made from lightweight material, sharp as a knife. Why use petrol (and spill petrol on your lawn) when you can just raise thyself off your ass and push?

an article by david suzuki says something along the lines of: people spill the equivalent of an Exxxxxxon Valdez spill on their lawns, collectively, annually.

Given the undeniable success of this advertisement (zero replies currently - shaman australis server under pressure) i would like to add to this sweet, sweet deal a Ryobi electric blower/vac (for leaves etc.). It is another 2002 model. It took me 3 years, but I finally discovered a machine called a "broom". When positioned correctly, applying diagonal force to the broom machine (while its wider end is in contact with the surface to be cleaned) will result in the broom machine engaging loose material on the surface and automatically moving said material in the direction of the horizontal component of the applied diagonal force. This is accomplished without petrol or electricity.

p.s. Dr R, it is 2-stroke because of the slope... pre-mixed oil into the petrol means the slope is of no consequence, whereas a 4-stroke would mean mixing level difficulties cos the mix is on the fly. That was my logic anyway.

hmm interesting point MG about the oil. Our block is pretty steep too. I want a 4 stroke since it's quieter and less polluting but maybe you're right about the slope problem. Then again, cars are 4 stroke and drive just fine on a slope...

I did actually buy a push mower but after trying several times for an hour or so at a time, I estimate that it would take about 8 hours to mow our block with that bloody thing. For the same reason I expect an electric mower would be a hopeless proposition. Personally I hate "lawn" (grass/weeds) but this is a rental property, I can only put in so many garden beds without the landlord complaining I suspect. Hmmm I wonder how a goat or 2 would go down though....

Hmmm I wonder how a goat or 2 would go down though....

i've actually got a mate you can ask about this! He sez it feels fucken awesome!

you guys should see my front lawn hahahaha.

I swear im bringing down the property value of EVERY single house in my street with my front lawn. It's become a jungle. i'll take a picture when it gets REALLY impressive.

hahaha yeah but I heard that cows are better... something about the size of the tongue i think. As old Frank used to say

Tongue like a COW...makes you go WOW!

I heard the reason he was selling this 'mower' was that he had a large dog in his backyard and the dog shit clogged up his 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new). Might have been a puss though...

btw 4 stroke motors don't run on mixed oil/fuel, they're straight unleaded. I couldn't understand that slope comment

It is well known that this Lawnmower ad (and now leaf blower/sucker) has created untold interest across australia, so go back to Billinudgel darcy, this is a man's man world here on this topic, we dont need the likes of VW golf-driving hippy mechanics. Go eat some sceletium and sow some red-striped cucumber seeds :mad:

urrrrggggh! nothing worse than waking behind a petrol mower that's just atomised a huge dried up dog turd. you can't get that taste out of your mouth for hours.....

However, if you mow weekly with a 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new) then the turds don't get a chance to go dry and you just hear the occasional thud >> splat.

With a handmower you become so much more aware of approaching turds, especially if there is no rear guard

[ 23. February 2005, 21:45: Message edited by: Torsten ]

Torsten, I sense a really funny story here that you're keeping from us :P

Never had a problem with dog poo cos I don't have a dog. However I am picturing a solution to the repeated raids upon my vegie garden, executed by the neighbours' rabbits...

btw Darcy you're right of course & I misread MG's post. I thought he meant that unlike the 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new), a 4-stroke engine will have a separate oil circulation system & sump and that this may get into problems if put on an angle (nothing to do with the mix since as you said oil is never mixed in, unlike in the 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke (hardly ever used.... must have used to 10 times in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new)). I read somewhere that if you want to tip up a 4-stroke to check the underside (trim your nails, etc) you should tip it a particular way cos the other way can cause problems. ... but then again you'd likely be tipping it to a much steeper angle than the ground itself is .. so .. shrug .. probably will give the 2002 model Victor Vantage 2-stroke dog turd atomizer (hardly ever used.... must have used to atomize 10 turds in total? Stored with no fuel in tank, great condition, looks brand new) a miss

A 4 stroke has a sump and a pick up for the oil , guess what happens when it's tilted at an angle ? As far as tipping them over to check the underside , if you do it wrong the worst you will do is make a mess.

It's not a problem (IMO). Your right cars don't have this problem as they don't operate at massive angles but the old carburetor type cars can become victim in extreme angles.The most extreme example of this is old airoplanes , imagine flying upside down in an old tiger moth ? The carbie has all sorts of floats and tanks in it , the fuel pick up has to be flexable and the sump i would imagine would work in the same way. Anyone remember the old Glo-cox planes you flew on a peice on string round and round and round and round..... remember how the fuel pick up worked ?

look, here it is. $150 if you can come pick it up. Coooooome ooooon! $150??!? that's a good deal.

mower.jpg

It is in immaculate condition, just has a bit of dried grass on it in this pic. You get the fuel too. Some minor damage caused by a Billinudgel hippie i ran over one morning (caught him loitering near my yopos!). Just pointed this beautiful mower in his direction and he was back in his VW Golf ($500 o.n.o.) faster than Torsten when he smells a good old fashioned botanical argument

Originally posted by apothecary:

Torsten, I sense a really funny story here that you're keeping from us :P

Hmmm, not sure about it being funny.....

my parents used to keep a doberman :rolleyes:

It turned a tedious chore into a disgusting chore.

You should pull the starter cord until it puts up some resistance with the 4 stroke mower, that way the cylinder is closed when u tip it over and fuel won't come out your exhaust/air filter when you tip it to either direction.

I hope the 'turd-mower' is in a more immaculate condition than the 'garage' it's stored in :cool:

If i was in Sydney I would offer you a good deal for a swap with a 1980 VW Golf since it sounds like you have VW envy. It's a bit worse for wear today after I ran over an IT geek hanging around out the front of the Humble Pie Company (obviously he had a thing for the wholemeal lentil curry pies) but none the less is in VGC.

btw is the fuel mixed or straight? I like to know what i am sniffing straight up.

swipecard.jpg

i am not a geek!

[ 24. February 2005, 20:18: Message edited by: MetalGuru ]

Hmmm do I want to compromise on my environmental principles to save a couple hundred bucks? Hmmmm maybe. I'll run it by the boss & also try to find out how significant the difference in emissions is.