The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Steve

Where to look/find/aquire mushrooms

Hi all 

Recently moved to Raymond Terrace (Newcastle Region NSW ) and have no idea where or how to find/aquire some mushrooms,Is it possible someone on here can help me ?

Edited by Steve
spelling
  • Like 1

Hi Steve, I actually have some spots in that area. It's a great region and coming into a great time of year for your search.

If you want to play with some though there's also a mushroom farm on Medowie road where they sell a few varieties. They're called navia I think.

Edited by rottenjonny
Spelling

21 hours ago, Steve said:

Hi all 

Recently moved to Raymond Terrace (Newcastle Region NSW ) and have no idea where or how to find/aquire some mushrooms,Is it possible someone on here can help me ?

If you want the drug variety hang around the arse end of Parkway avenue which you'll instantly know you're in the right place when you get to it.  There used to be 5 permanent dealers and always a bunch of upstarts there just in the last stretch of the street that could get you anything you wanted and it's such a shithole of an area that I doubt any of them have left since I was there last.  Just make sure you're not alone or there at night and follow your money otherwise you're likely to get your head caved in or minimally have your money stolen.

Honestly though you'd have to be a fool to go there and would be better off growing them yourself.  In fact the best thing you could do is move away from the terrace entirely.  I got robbed every 3 months when I lived there and your neighbours are always going to be trying to scab milk, bread, flour, sugar, coffee, etc. because they all spend their money on drugs instead of basic supplies like that.  Goddamn it's such a shithole that one of the greatest memories of my life was moving away from there so I strongly suggest you start saving your shekels now to do the same.  And no, Lakeside and the other upper class areas aren't any better, they just don't scab as much stuff but their paranoia will leave you with absolutely no privacy whatsoever.  The whole place is a giant shithole and you too will look fondly back on the memory of leaving as much as I did when the time comes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, rottenjonny said:

Strong words from ethnoob and not entirely incorrect.

Made me laugh though. 

I lived there.  My description of the place is 100% accurate based on personal experience.  I had my bins burned, stolen cars crashing through my neighbours fences more than once, packs of ferals roamed the streets looking for people to roll, etc.  I even had my mullies stolen constantly while they were literally a week old because those derros wanted something to smoke.  You'd think they'd have worked out seedlings are worthless after the first 300 they stole but after trying to flood them with seedlings under the belief the thefts would cease once they filled their own gardens and being down nearly 5000 sprouts the only conclusion I could make was they were smoking them.

The place is an absolute shithole and if I were emperor of Australia my first action would be bombing the terrace until it was nothing more than a crater and then pumping raw sewerage into it so there would never be any doubts as to how much of a shithole it really is.

Damn! Ethnoob's Lonely Planet is full on! :o:wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Morriset is probably worth a look at this time of year after rain for pans.

• Like 1