The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

Garden States - A Forum for Cultivating Ethnobotanical Plants, Knowledge and Community

Omg .... excited.

looking forward to catching up with people.

:D

• Like 2

Just posted my offer for the ticket for anyone looking to get one cheap :) 

EDIT! Don't want my ticket to go to waste! Free for anyone who wants it!

Edited by TheMooseZeus

On 30/04/2019 at 9:41 AM, obtuse said:

looking forward to catching up with people.

You're one of the people I'm looking forward to catching up with!

And... and...and... so many others, helping out Amz with the plant swap too :D Will meet lotsa interesting new ppl that way I reckon

I read the new timetable today, it's gorgeous

• Like 2

Hi, Ive got a student ticket to give away (if thats even possible,I have and emailed ticket), very disappointed to be not going but after a few unplanned forays north recently i cant afford another trip to the mainland atm.  

I have been up north helping on Mardi Grass and have run into around 10 plant head heading down next weekend. So good to catch up, but looking to make it two weekends in a row haning out. I am very much looking forward to next weeks gathering and seeing many more folk.

See you there ;-)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 29/04/2019 at 11:43 PM, TheMooseZeus said:

Hello! Pretty sure i booked a ticket a few months back, where would i find it? :)

If you can not find it, look in spam, but if there is  still no joy email tickets [at] entheogenesis.org

• Like 2

Just wondering of anyone is flying into Melbourne T3 airport for this event?

My flight arrives at 9am and I was hoping to share either an Uber (approx $100 fare) or navigate public transport (SkyBus + 2x trains + walking) with them to the event. 

Feel free to get in touch.

Love & Light

• Like 1

Geez I've been dreaming about Garden States the last few nights, it's been a Jung/ Escher mashup with a side of Freud thrown in for the guilts

Very much looking forward to seeing you there, the crew have yet again excelled themselves with the lineup and the programming. I promise not to get lost or worry about nuns

• Like 1

Well, this is coming up fast, can not wait to see everyone this weekend. Last chance to get general adult and concession tickets is today. There set to click over asap, we might not get to that till tomorrow morning so try your luck on the tickets page. 

In plants we trust ;-)

Hey, if your trying to transfer the name on a ticket from one SAB person to the next, Billy that working on Tickets should be able to help, email tickets [at] entheogenesis.org and let him know the issue.

Hello.

I can no longer make it down to EGA in Melbourne on Sunday so I'm offering up FREE return airfares, accommodation and my ticket to anyone that would like to go at the last minute.

The flights leave Brisbane on Sunday morning and return on Monday afternoon.

I spoke to Virgin who said you can change the airport to what ever one is closest to you.

There may be a small fee from Virgin to make all said changes (approx $90)

Totally bummed out I can't go so I hope someone else can take my place otherwise I'll have to forfeit it all which would hurt even more.

Please get in contact as soon as possible if you are interested so I can provide the details or answer any questions.

• Like 1

I'm really looking forward to this! I've been wanting to go to an EGA event for years, and by the list of speakers and workshops this looks like a great one to be at.

It will be nice to hopefully put some faces to names and talk plants! If anyone I've traded with over the years is there then it'd be great to say hello :).

• Like 2

Beau Meister (and the Mushroom pranksters) - Meander through the Mycelium 

You are welcome to join us for this special is a pre-event workshop that will take place on Saturday, May 11 from 2:00pm at Pirianda Garden (9 Hacketts Rd, Olinda VIC 3788). Meet in the main carpark where there is a structure with some info about the history of the park. The park is a stunning botanical location so aside from mushrooms there is much to see. Pack for all weather and it’s a park on a steep but stunning hillside.

Synopsis: Join us for a stroll through the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges to find and learn about the fungi that reside there. Discover information about fungi identification, habitats, edibility, their role in the environment, and get practical, 'hands-on' tips. Please dress accordingly for the weather and wear appropriate footwear as we may head off tracks and into the woods.

Post mushroom walk dinner will be at Micawber Tavern (65/71 Monbulk Rd, Belgrave VIC 3160) drinks from 5pm and meals need to be ordered around 5:45pm (as we were a late booking they are trying to accommodate us), all welcome.

Web pages 

Pirianda Garden – http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/explore/parks/pirianda-gardens-gardens-of-the-dandenongs

Micawber Tavern - www.micawbertavern.com.au

• Like 2

I have Darklight in my house, but she not even that dark, she is full of Joy ;-)

Edited by RonnySimulacrum
  • Like 3

We’ll here’s to another great EGA. The day went splendidly :) . Very well organised . Thanks for a great day EGA team. :) 

• Like 5

Really awesome day. Can't wait to do it again some time. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Loved it all! Wish I wasn't as cooked to meet people XD

• Haha 2

What a phenomenally curated and enjoyable event that was! I'll definitely be back for future EGA shindigs.

Thanks so much to everyone involved for the great day :)

• Like 2

I want to write a great big EGA love letter. Just got back last night after stopping in SYD to see fam and I still have the EGA glow :D

The EGA team yet again excelled themselves on this one, there wasn't a minute in those days I wasn't enjoying myself and wishing there were 3 more of me so I didn't miss anything. The whole weekend was a highlight, but among the highlights some of the highest were:

• Meeting @Yeti101 who is not only bloody awesome but saved the front of house crew with a coffee run, endless thanks mate
  • Hanging out at the Plant Swap with @Amazonian except we didn't get to chat much
  • Seeing Aunt Frances and having a chat with her, the woman is a knife and a multidisciplinary legend, I am in awe and want to have her babies. Loved her presentation
  • Meeting Charly Bedrossian from Cannabis College who is a complete darling
  • Catching up with a bazillion SABbers for about 3 minutes each and wishing time would bend sufficiently to have more time
  • Being gobsmacked by how beautifully the EGA team pulls these events together from the air- it was like watching a symphony unfold. Special thanks to Sophie
  • Working with @obtuse, mate you are lovely, insightful and organised and a total blessing to the myco community and the community in general
  • Wondering when @RonnySimulacrum was gunna crack the next joke that would leave me in stitches, while he simultaneously performed miracles
  • Brief moments with Adele cracking up laughing at ourselves
  • Seeing ppl I only see at EGAs because time is precious an I'm getting old

If you regret not making this one, you should :p Go to the next one

Love your work EGA ppl, and thank you <3

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 3

On 10/05/2019 at 7:32 PM, RonnySimulacrum said:

she is full of Joy ;-)

Am always fulla *something* lol

But at EGA I am always full of joy because EGA, you lot create the best vibes

• Like 1