The Corroboree
squidgygoanna

New Free Trade Thread?

Noticed that the previous Free Trade thread has been locked. Is it gone for good?

Probably because people keep fucking derailing it

Came back after a large hiatus to also see this , fantastic idea although in practice it doesn't seem to pan out so well 

Hopefully it can be revived. Tried to get it back in order but people kept posting regardless. Might need some more strict rules or something  to discourage people from posting non giveaway stuff. 

For example if someone posts non giveaway claim/giveaway they cannot participate for a month or something. 

And if if someone doesn’t follow through with their trades it has to be dealt with via pm to someone designated to deal with that shit who can post non giveaway posts in the thread or something. 

• Like 2

Get one chance otherwise perm ban from the thread

yea I suppose that would be fair enough too, would be great to get that thread going again. So many cool things you can pick up from it. 

I used to love the freebies. It was such a quick way to get and learn about diffetent plants 

• Like 1

I seem to remember some people would re-offer something they hadn't even received yet, and that would inevitably go wrong and stuff up the flow of trade.

I'd say a good rule would be that all Posts/Offers MUST be accompanied by a photo or else they don't qualify to offer or receive, and their post must be deleted/skipped/disregarded unless they repost with an actual  photo of what they are offering.

Those who F people around get a 1 year ban from the thread.

Wasn't there also a high end trading thread where people would offer something worth over $50 or am I just imagining that?

• Like 5

High end thread would be good too. Would be nice to be able to swap some books and things. 

High end trade would be good for cacti cuts, I offered a couple over the years but some people would take the cut and offer a couple of catnip seeds or something in return. It was a problem we could never really get on top of.

• Like 3

I loved the free trade thread, would love to see it come back. A high end trade thread would be sweet too.

Is it possible for the creator of a thread to be given mod rights to straight up delete off topic or irrelevant posts? and banning those that don't comply sounds like a good move

Edited by squidgygoanna
  • Like 1

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 5:45 AM, Glaukus said:

I'd like to see a high end trade thread. 

maybe (no I did!), I started a high end,

but it did far worse than this...

I know this sounds a bit shitty, but maybe there could be a minimum post count to partake...? especially in a higher value thread. I like the idea of a higher value thread, it sounds like a great way to share clones etc... 

• Like 2

These are all fantastic ideas.

Can someone please summon the powers to be and get a brand new 2019 perpetual trade thread going.

• Like 2

Ok so: new thread requirements, let’s come to some sort of agreement to make it work:

Low value: low post count requirement - 25?

1. no posts other than trade posts - claim/offer only. If anything else is posted a 3 month participation ban from the thread will be put in place. 

2. Things can be claimed in a post but the post must be updated within the day with their offered stuff. 

3. If someone posts an offer and doesn’t follow through within two months they are banned from participating 

4.ban list and issues with people not responding must be sent to the op and the op post will be updated with any on going problems. Op has power to post non trade/claim posts if needed. 

high value thread: same rules as above but post requirement of 70-150? (What’s a good post count to be able to participate? Would be good to get some input) 

I was thinking for this thread cuts, books etc could be passed forward, anyone got any other ideas of cool things that could be sent? (No illegal stuff of course)

Please tell me what you all think of above. What should be edited or added. Then we can start a thread :) in reality we need someone with the ability to delete posts to moderate the thread. Can an op delete others posts in a thread?

Edited by Caster
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Caster said:

Please tell me what you all think of above. What should be edited or added. Then we can start a thread :) in reality we need someone with the ability to delete posts to moderate the thread. Can an op delete others posts in a thread?

It all sounds good. A lot more work to police it than previous attempts though. And no, I don't believe a non moderator can delete posts other than those made by themself.

The trades have always been my favourite part of this community.

I may be new here but I seriously derailed a previous like minded thread so I somewhat know what I'm on about lol

Make a minimum post count for the low trade thread that's at least 150 which would in fact exclude myself and make the high one 250+.

Instabans for anyone who doesn't offer or claim something to keep the thread clean.  No thank yous or anything, PM's exist for a reason.

There needs to be an independent third party that can deal with claims of non delivery and whatnot.

Abusers of the system need to be named and shamed as part of their ban, preferably edited into the first post so people can avoid them thereafter.

A high end trade thread should be based not only on post count but a high trade rep (at least 10+) as well which should be confirmed by a mod before access is enabled.

Site wide ban if a second claim is proven against you.

First post to claim always gets the prize.

The trade threads need generic definitions of what's permitted and what isn't so someone can't claim a high end tricho cut for some catnip seeds.

There should be both trade and pay it forward threads so people can freely trade or give stuff away.

If you get something in this years pay it forward thread and can give it away again next year but don't that's an instaban from the next year's thread though some exceptions should be made by a mod if a plant is still under cultivation or whatnot.

A picture of what is on offer must be supplied otherwise you don't have anything to offer.

If offering a trade be specific about what you'll take in return, ie. say you're offering a 1 for 1 deal for a single cut you list a few you're chasing so the first to reply with one you want enables the trade to take place.

Absolutely no money trades hands, not even for postage costs for which traders take full responsibility on their end.

I'm usually not one for rules, least of all ones that screw me, but I think that about covers everything that would make threads like what's been proposed workable for all involved though I'd hate to be a mod for it.

The super high post count is not that important as lots of people have been around for a long time and mostly communicate via pms. I personally found the trade thread really awesome when I was first starting out, now a lot of the things that were offered in there I’ve already got a heap of seeds of. Also a few trade rep would be good for high value, 10 is quite a bit, maybe half of that would be ok. :) 

posting pics of the stuff you’re offering shouldn’t be necessary unless it’s high value imo. Like a cut or a book etc. 

i dont think were we’re probably going to be able to get mods to spend a heap of time fixing it up. Could also just ignore any posts that are non trade related to discourage further derailment. 

All all we can do is try I suppose haha. 

I would like to see a low end thread too, just so we can get rid or extra seeds in small quantities without making a separate post or coming off cheap

• Like 2

I know how awesome the low end thread is for noobs in particular. Good practice too.  25 posts seems ok. Can't make it too tough. High end should definitely be tough to get into. Have a password on it too :P

• Like 1

i'll do it, i've got heaps of extras at the moment...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

I know how awesome the low end thread is for noobs in particular. Good practice too.  25 posts seems ok. Can't make it too tough. High end should definitely be tough to get into. Have a password on it too :P

I like the cut of your jib Hal... i second this...