The Corroboree
ZefSide95

Newbie (Again)

Hi guys..

I’ve been here on and off (mostly off) since the late 90s. I keep forgetting my login details though :rolleyes:

Anyway, I’m back looking for interesting people online basically. Last year I ditched all social media because it’s really just a tool for market research and data collection by businesses.

I’ve been hanging out on another (international) forum but as usual I find the people too conformist to relate to. The international drug forums are a bit like Nazi Germany with how strict the admins are and I didn’t last long there.

So I am back here B) I’m on the Mornington Peninsula, south of Melbourne (aiming to move inland next year because Melbourne’s population is exploding and we’re feeling it even down here).

Cheers.. ;)

• Like 1

G'day, I'm new here too.  You really should move away from Melbourne as much as possible.  Not only is it exploding into a massive shithole that drives everyone mad the bay looks like a wonky cock with pubes on the balls and all that's trying to bang Geelong lol

melb.thumb.jpg.54ef40f3ac7613115ec06cbf6fce7142.jpg

Seriously though you can tell from the way things have been progressing that the city is going to expand out like crazy over the next decade or two.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it extends all the way out to Ballarat and Colac on the west and Traralgon to Wilson's Prom on the east in the next couple of decades and at that point the whole state of Victoria is done for as a viable place to live.  I was fortunate enough to only live down that way for 6 years and saw the writing on the walls, well stupid amounts of farmland being converted into housing estates, countless skyscrapers going up over 100km out from the CBD, etc.  It was insanity on steroids and moving away from it all was the best thing I ever did for my mental well being other than shrooms.

Speaking of which what are you into ethno wise?

1 hour ago, Ethnoob said:

G'day, I'm new here too.  You really should move away from Melbourne as much as possible.  Not only is it exploding into a massive shithole that drives everyone mad the bay looks like a wonky cock with pubes on the balls and all that's trying to bang Geelong lol

Seriously though you can tell from the way things have been progressing that the city is going to expand out like crazy over the next decade or two.  It honestly wouldn't surprise me if it extends all the way out to Ballarat and Colac on the west and Traralgon to Wilson's Prom on the east in the next couple of decades and at that point the whole state of Victoria is done for as a viable place to live.  I was fortunate enough to only live down that way for 6 years and saw the writing on the walls, well stupid amounts of farmland being converted into housing estates, countless skyscrapers going up over 100km out from the CBD, etc.  It was insanity on steroids and moving away from it all was the best thing I ever did for my mental well being other than shrooms.

Speaking of which what are you into ethno wise?

God I know.. I avoid mainstream media as much as possible but I was on google and saw this article about Melbourne’s population growth. The thing is, I could feel it already. I live near the freeway and I’m often up at crazy hours because it’s the only time I get some peace and quiet. I notice the traffic starting, as in the commuter traffic, and it’s gotten earlier and earlier. At the moment it starts at around 3:30am!!

Ethno wise.. Nothing haha. Well, nothing at the moment. I started coming here in about 1999 because my ex-husband was right into a whole lot of stuff. Once I get in better place (geographically and mentally) - psychedelics. Do you find the shrooms or grow them? That was one of the few things my ex didn’t do (grow them) and that’s probably because it’s very difficult (?)

I used to have a friend that went picking who was extremely secretive about his locations.  He tried growing but was never able to keep a sterile enough environment so it never worked out and then he turned into a right dickhead and moved away taking his knowledge of where to find them with him.  So yeah I haven't had them in over a decade but I hear that they're pretty easy to grow if you can keep the environment clean enough for them but that is infinitely easier said than done especially when you're first starting out.  I'm about to start dabbling in their cultivation myself though so I'll be looking up everything I can from pftek I think it was to mass cultivation of commercially grown edible mushrooms and everything inbetween.  You should do the same if you're going to get into them though if you need something dead simple cacti are where it's at.  Plant them or throw them on the ground, water them or not, whatever, they're gonna grow anyway :)

3:30am is insane for the traffic to start.  When the hell do those people sleep?  It sounds like it would be a living hell for them so I hope you move sooner rather than later to avoid sharing their fate of being unable to escape melbourne while not being able to afford to even live there.  They'll expand and gentrify the entire state until a 3:30am trip to work seems like the good old days.

• Like 1

Hi there all, Im also in the on and off again boat......and it just occured to me that, I may have not actually said hello to u fine folk! Also a Melbournite who would love to go live on a mountain!

• Like 2

On 29/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, Ethnoob said:

I used to have a friend that went picking who was extremely secretive about his locations.  He tried growing but was never able to keep a sterile enough environment so it never worked out and then he turned into a right dickhead and moved away taking his knowledge of where to find them with him.  So yeah I haven't had them in over a decade but I hear that they're pretty easy to grow if you can keep the environment clean enough for them but that is infinitely easier said than done especially when you're first starting out.  I'm about to start dabbling in their cultivation myself though so I'll be looking up everything I can from pftek I think it was to mass cultivation of commercially grown edible mushrooms and everything inbetween.  You should do the same if you're going to get into them though if you need something dead simple cacti are where it's at.  Plant them or throw them on the ground, water them or not, whatever, they're gonna grow anyway :)

3:30am is insane for the traffic to start.  When the hell do those people sleep?  It sounds like it would be a living hell for them so I hope you move sooner rather than later to avoid sharing their fate of being unable to escape melbourne while not being able to afford to even live there.  They'll expand and gentrify the entire state until a 3:30am trip to work seems like the good old days.

On 29/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, Ethnoob said:

It’s a living hell for me and I don’t even do it. Atm we have half of Melb here for tourist season and it’s absolute chaos. With the hot weather and long days I feel like I can’t breathe. Not to mention the noise.. I can’t seem to cope with noise (other than things like music) like other people can. Not feeling very good at all right now :(

Hi to the other people..

1 hour ago, ZefSide95 said:

It’s a living hell for me and I don’t even do it. Atm we have half of Melb here for tourist season and it’s absolute chaos. With the hot weather and long days I feel like I can’t breathe. Not to mention the noise.. I can’t seem to cope with noise (other than things like music) like other people can. Not feeling very good at all right now :(

Hi to the other people..

Kinda makes you wish for a new plague huh.  In the meantime you might want to invest in some noise cancelling headphones.  They work better than you'd expect but especially for city noise.

22 hours ago, Ethnoob said:

Kinda makes you wish for a new plague huh.  In the meantime you might want to invest in some noise cancelling headphones.  They work better than you'd expect but especially for city noise.

God, yesterday was awful with the heat. I had to get to the GP which is about 30 mins away.. My car is a V6 4WD (black!) and I had hardly any fuel so couldn’t blast the aircond. I thought I was going to pass out.

The Riverland is even hotter but hopefully I won’t *need* the doctor as much for a start, but also I want to be able to just walk places you know? Here you have to drive everywhere (forget public transport) and days like today - Saturday during tourist season - I’d rather go towards Melb to somewhere like Frankston than deal with the chaos on the Peninsula.

Last time I was in the Riverland I went down the street on a Monday and seriously wondered if it was a public holiday it was that quiet. It wasn’t. That’s what I want, and I’m doing things to make it happen :)

Huh? People live in Tasmania? B)

No, I’m bound for South Australia.