The Corroboree
TheMooseZeus

In the sprit of Christmas TREES!

Hello!

Can we talk about peoples choice in Christmas tree?

Pine seems to be the most traditional and festive and fits nicely into the myths and legends surrounded Christmas.

Why does everyone go with fir?! I would love to see more pine trees out there. 

Radiata pine is supposed to be the most common Christmas tree in Aus.

Cheers guy! Happy holidays 

I've never had a 'real' tree ever.  It's always been artificial and, to be honest, it's never bothered me.  I can understand how some people would associate the fresh timber smell (and the cleaning of dead leaves) with christmas though but it seems like a bit of a waste (as is a lot of christmas I guess).  Anyway, didn't mean to bring a negative vibe - each to their own.

Have a great chrissie and new year all.  Peace. :bong:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SayN said:

I've never had a 'real' tree ever.  It's always been artificial and, to be honest, it's never bothered me.  I can understand how some people would associate the fresh timber smell (and the cleaning of dead leaves) with christmas though but it seems like a bit of a waste (as is a lot of christmas I guess).  Anyway, didn't mean to bring a negative vibe - each to their own.

Have a great chrissie and new year all.  Peace. :bong:

I totally understand!

I couldn't have christmas without that smell... Sounds weird when written down though

oxBBWZ6_d.png

Radiata is common here...... Folk would  raid plantations.. Bastards drop sap....that sap is like herpes. 

A few radiata  xmas tree plantations have sprung up and they are getting interest.... I think it because they can go out and murder the tree... Lol:wink:

Firs are not as sappy,  many smell better than radiata weeds,  although I find radiatas scent sickly. 

Over time I've grown the good woman a few in pots of different conifers, fraser fir was the winner in her opinion. ..thats covering smell, longevity, needle shape /shape, sap production  and probably 40 other parameters I don't see. 

Meh.. It's a Fucking tree wrapped in plastic and shit:wink:

Currently looking at the plastic mofo my lad has decorated..... Gunna have to start stratifying seed again. 

Edit - add Colour...Had to be the right green.. Lol 

oxBBWZ6_d.png

oxBBWZ6_d.png

Edited by waterboy 2.0
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Had a bamboo bough come right down after heavy showers, so I chopped it off and voila, christmas tree that dries out and looks dead in 3 days flat... :huh:

I enjoy putting the kid's toys that they leave lying around on the tree.  Has a decorative appeal and confuses them abit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I bought a nice Kauri pine once and used that for a couple weeks before we planted it. I hear Wollemi's are being marketed for that purpose too. Pretty good idea really.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

I bought a nice Kauri pine once and used that for a couple weeks before we planted it. I hear Wollemi's are being marketed for that purpose too. Pretty good idea really.

Mmm i'd love to stick an old Xmas tree on a lathe and make some decorations!

Wollemi's are a pricey alternative!!