The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gimli

Chavin Herbalists - Ordering Saga

I posted this in the facebook group before but also here...

My order from Chavin Herbalists finally arrived. What a saga that was:

Original order was made/paid for on 6/4/18 and shipped around 23-24/4/18 via standard mail. After 4 months of waiting I requested the package be re-shipped express. Sent via EMS, it arrived in 18 days.

The express package was missing 2 packets from the original order but I was only told that I would be 1 packet short. I received 3 packets that I didn't order as an olive branch. This is my experience with Huan Shuma and the South American mail system. My advice would be to get express shipping - it isn't cheap but at least you will get your seeds in a timely manner.

The communication from Huan was pretty average. I've also had mail from EU and US in under 14 days via standard mail but something from South America (Peru) takes 4 months? On par with the Italian mail system, which is an absolute joke. I've also had no letter from customs saying a package has been intercepted for destruction, so?

Anyway, if you are making an order from CH, beware things might not go smoothly
  • Like 3

I ordered some in April I still have not received them yet, have contacted AQIS and know they have not been intercepted, I also know that mail from there can take ages used to keep Killifish from South America and exchanged letters with some people in Brazil.

Have been close to contacting Haun about them, but have ADHD and autism and dont handle situations like this well.

• Like 2

I've been waiting a couple weeks just for a reply to our facebook conversation. Trying to get their deets for a Western Union transfer.

May I ask what method you guys used to make payment.  He told me they are no longer accepting paypal.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, greenechidna said:

I ordered some in April I still have not received them yet, have contacted AQIS and know they have not been intercepted, I also know that mail from there can take ages used to keep Killifish from South America and exchanged letters with some people in Brazil.

Have been close to contacting Haun about them, but have ADHD and autism and dont handle situations like this well.

Tell him you want it resent express or a refund. Seconding that, Flick me the name on your order and I can tell him for you.

There is at least 4 other Aussies I know who've had to go down this path in the last few weeks, all orders from around April.

Just now, Halcyon Daze said:

I've been waiting a couple weeks just for a reply to our facebook conversation. Trying to get their deets for a Western Union transfer.

May I ask what method you guys used to make payment.  He told me they are no longer accepting paypal.

A platform called Transferwise. Correct, no paypal.

i ordered from them at the start of the year. comms were slow and the package took about 5 weeks to arrive but they made it and the order was in full. point is they seem to be slow (very slow byt he looks of it) but the order was fulfilled eventually.

• Like 1

I have received everything I've ordered from them, it is a hard road though. 

Very grateful for the seed I have received, the customer service and logistics side of things is just a little rustic

• Like 1

i got a catfish vibe from that account(s)

15 minutes ago, 2XB said:

i got a catfish vibe from that account(s)

From Huan?

It's legit.

i'm about to do an order, i'll let you know how it goes... He always replies to my messages ( I write to him in Spanish, maybe that helps?), though takes a few days (i take a few days to respond to people too)...

• Like 1

Definitely not catfish. 

It is just a bit complex 

Maybe we should try a multi order open to the first 5 people. Would you like to be our ambassador MountainGoat? That would be wicked :)

• Like 2

yeah i dunno, maybe not really serious about catfishing, but i found it strange that he was posting a whole heap about his studies etc and doing tissue culture, but didnt think to label seeds with a botanical name???? rather than the made up name he gave them.

i just guessed his online persona was somewhat elaborated or something, you know to sell his stuff...

I did a few orders like a couple years ago now it seems, received a couple and had one seized and destroyed because of labelling, all legit allowed in the country but destroyed because of that. I even recall asking specifically about labelling but the message musnt have gotten through it's a shame. anyway he seemed lovely etc

i think there was another guy involved, ando or something, and i didnt dig that vibe too much.

He also doxxed another aussie who had received some of what i had seized, he was like hit him up for some.... lolz

anyway just my angle, he had plenty of interesting seed available, just didnt seem to know how to be a professional, he probz does now- good luck yall

46 minutes ago, 2XB said:

yeah i dunno, maybe not really serious about catfishing, but i found it strange that he was posting a whole heap about his studies etc and doing tissue culture, but didnt think to label seeds with a botanical name???? rather than the made up name he gave them.

i just guessed his online persona was somewhat elaborated or something, you know to sell his stuff...

I did a few orders like a couple years ago now it seems, received a couple and had one seized and destroyed because of labelling, all legit allowed in the country but destroyed because of that. I even recall asking specifically about labelling but the message musnt have gotten through it's a shame. anyway he seemed lovely etc

i think there was another guy involved, ando or something, and i didnt dig that vibe too much.

He also doxxed another aussie who had received some of what i had seized, he was like hit him up for some.... lolz

anyway just my angle, he had plenty of interesting seed available, just didnt seem to know how to be a professional, he probz does now- good luck yall

Before I made my order I asked Huan if all bags will be properly labeled as to fulfill the import standards and he said yes. 4 months later and nothing had arrived he said along the lines of "your biosecurity must have seized them". So much for being properly labeled eh

Upon requesting seeds be sent again via express service with tracking he agreed to do so. Seeds arrived and after putting a post in the SAB facebook group, he hits me up for the $75USD it cost to send yet there was no mention of this when I asked him to send again. He also re-sent another aussies order express yet he asked him for only $10... Makes no sense. I did consider sending him the money but after the spew comment he left (now deleted but I have screenshot) on my post I decided not to.

Anyway, this is what I have left is anyone wants to grow them and go 50/50 in seedlings

Pachanoi:

Caxamarca

Intipamba

Shongopamba

Peruvianus:

Matucana 'Collana Roja'

Matucana 'Pomolargo'

Matucana 'Surco'

Peru/Santaensis:

Chavin de Huantar

Cochao

Lucma

Machcas

Santaensis:

Aguacolla

Anra

Collahuasi

Mancos

Quechuas

Tarica

Chancha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

is = if

Didn't want to edit post (for once)

The guy hardy speaks english. that's why misplant labels everything as echinopsis. a lot of trichocereus labelled seeds are destroyed now by customs.

• Like 1

Also, from what I understand about structure of this operation, it's not actually Huan who does the collection, packaging, labelling, shipping etc. 

I think everybody involved has the best of intentions, but as I said above, it's just a little rustic. If you want these seed it's the only option. 

• Like 4

not sure if you've heard but apparently huan has ceased his association with chavin herbalists, or chavin herbalists itself is no longer and ops are being transferred to his partner aynor. 

has anyone have experience with aynor either order or otherwise you can share?

1 hour ago, DiscoStu said:

not sure if you've heard but apparently huan has ceased his association with chavin herbalists, or chavin herbalists itself is no longer and ops are being transferred to his partner aynor. 

has anyone have experience with aynor either order or otherwise you can share?

Check out the current top post on the tricho community review page from Gee Bee.  Doesn't look so good for them hey.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TrichocereusCommunityReviews/

Hopefully its just a teething problem. Otherwise im now spewing i didnt pick up those OG peru genes

so i might pick this up again, and ask what peoples actual experiences of growing the seeds are? i havent as yet sown the seeds i have as circumstances havent permitted, but i hear they're not particularly viable? not getting your seeds is one thing but paying for dead seeds is a little heartbreaking. something sure to bum out a plant head without fail is having their grow fail.

My understanding is they harvested seeds every couple of years from a location, so your seeds might be 3 years old b4 sending them, a few times on their facebook page they mentioned if you got these seeds from us over the last couple of years we have gone back to harvest and the mother plant is gone.  Ordered my seeds from the 100 years of Pachanoi and was told they will send me the whole of the Alchemist collection as freebies because I am a shaman  and explained how i started using cactus instead of shrooms to help people with spirit problems.

Moving house lost all my dried shrooms a lot, someone came to me for help and I said i cant because i have no way of crossing over at the moment, she told me she had a cactus that shaman in South America use for this sort of work and gave me this huge brain shaped cactus told me there was enough for 3 journeys found it a lot easier to work while cactused instead of shroomed, and where i moved is a 10hour round trip to the shroom fields so decided i would change to using cactus. If i bought cuts instead of ordering the seeds $150 I would be able to help people now, cant afford cuts now or have any seedlings to trade so have to wait another 4 months for shroom season to collect some. A very frustrated shaman at the moment. 

• Like 1

Just had to add my two cents here for what it's worth. 

Aynor to me is a complete scam artist, and Huan cannot be trusted.  

Huan took a jungle trip in Dec-Jan and made an announcement on FB that orders would be handled through Aynor.  Dealings with Aynor left me discusted and feeling scammed.

I did receive seeds all except one pack had 1-4% germination rate.

Huan admitted that Aynor was selling old and sterile seeds, and said he would reship me a replacement, well he has not and has taken that back now saying it is on me because I chose to do business with Aynor. 

Never again!!!

Too many awesome people and businesses to name here but these guys really left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Like 2

On 02/04/2019 at 7:01 AM, Shamichael said:

Just had to add my two cents here for what it's worth. 

Aynor to me is a complete scam artist, and Huan cannot be trusted.  

Huan took a jungle trip in Dec-Jan and made an announcement on FB that orders would be handled through Aynor.  Dealings with Aynor left me discusted and feeling scammed.

I did receive seeds all except one pack had 1-4% germination rate.

Huan admitted that Aynor was selling old and sterile seeds, and said he would reship me a replacement, well he has not and has taken that back now saying it is on me because I chose to do business with Aynor. 

Never again!!!

Too many awesome people and businesses to name here but these guys really left a bad taste in my mouth.

cheers for the tip mate ;)