The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
glod

Please help ID this Cactus

Question

Hi everyone!

I've had these guys for almost ten years. I've been pretty sure they are Peruvianus and recently I came across this picture and thought it was a match:

https://trichocereus.net/sharxx-blue-trichocereus-peruvianus

Have a look at a couple of pictures and see what you think.

20180513_125054.thumb.jpg.06300e85469498376e07ba41609d1738.jpg20180513_125115.thumb.jpg.a5e64d8afe538c92ffb9d76e08b9b698.jpg

Many thanks.

20180513_125054.thumb.jpg.06300e85469498376e07ba41609d1738.jpg

20180513_125115.thumb.jpg.a5e64d8afe538c92ffb9d76e08b9b698.jpg

20180513_125054.thumb.jpg.06300e85469498376e07ba41609d1738.jpg

20180513_125115.thumb.jpg.a5e64d8afe538c92ffb9d76e08b9b698.jpg

Edited by glod
  • Like 1

13 answers to this question

Very similar but not necessarily sharxx blue IMO. -Still just as good tho

• Like 1

definitely a beauty, if you're interested in selling/trading a cut of that hit me up :drool2:

• Like 1

Don't flogg it as 'Sharxx Blue' unless you're 100% sure it is Glod. That's how clones get fucked bro, too much mislabeled shit floating around:
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Pachanoi-Peruvianus-Pscho0-YOWIE-San-Pedro-Cactus-Cuttings/302729461111?hash=item467c14fd77:m:mQSCcDkaZg5dunI3ok162tw

Your Yowie looks legit, Psycho0 too...

Call the Peru,   'Glod Peru'    fell the whole thing and release it as a new clone.
Tell peeps u think it MAY be sharxx blue but not 100% certain, and for them to test its origins with known sharxx blue pollen should their cuttings ever mature and flower and provide the opportunity to check for sure themselves etc.

EDIT:
And another:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Trichocereus-Peruvianus-SHARXX-BLUE-San-Pedro-Cactus-73-cm/302737139342?hash=item467c8a268e:g:8QIAAOSwuHJa98UP

Edited by Skellum
adding link
  • Like 1

Yeah call it 'Glod Blue' rather than Sharxx blue, one day it may be revealed that the two are one and the same, and then you can update your label, but for now, it shouldn't be labelled sharx just because it looks so very closely similar.

• Like 1

^ Fkn A.

I've got 11 TBM's from him in the last fortnight, all have been spectacular specimens.
Bout to pull the trigger on another 3 TBM + Two Yowie tips. Pictures look legit, double spinature etc check it:
GlodYowie.thumb.jpg.6e18c185552ee74716f515f199ee8c60.jpg

But yeah I wouldn't buy that cactus labeled as Sharxx Blue and continue to grow it & pass it throughout the community with that label knowing the original propagator (yourself) wasn't CERTAIN of its origins. I'd be hitting up your last sale or two of the sharxx blue and tell em its a 'Glod Blue' potentially sharxx but not 100% - so they themselves dont pass it around etc...      "nightmare"

Edited by Skellum
typo
  • Like 2

Thanks guys!

I'll change the listings though I'd feel unconformable putting my name to it considering all I've done is keep it alive and cloned it.

I'd really like to ask the guy who gave it to me. Do you think it's a bad idea to mention peoples first names here it I was to have ago at tracking him down?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, glod said:

I'll change the listings though I'd feel unconformable putting my name to it considering all I've done is keep it alive and cloned it.

Call it something that doesn't have your name attached to it then,  but also not the same name as another known clone e.g.   'Sharxx Blue'   lol...

Call it;    Throbbing Blue   /    Blue Bag    /   Blue Ball(s)  /   Sharxx Spew   /    Spew Blue   / 

^ Lol anything other than something exists already,  untill proven that they're the same.

18 minutes ago, glod said:

I'd really like to ask the guy who gave it to me. Do you think it's a bad idea to mention peoples first names here it I was to have ago at tracking him down?

What do you mean? You remember the guys name, or at least his first name, but have forgotten what his SAB name was & cant track him down on FB?

There's probably a few first names that are unique to the cacti growing fraternity that you could drop and peeps might lead you in the right direction, thats if they're well known.

But if they are 'well known' you probably wouldn't have any dramas finding them via fb anyway (maybe ur not on fb though)?  If you cant remember them entirely, then they probably cant remember you entirely man, nor will remember if what they gave you a decade ago was genuine sharxx blue.  I guess they may know themselves if they were ever propagating genuine Sharxx though, so could prove fruitful - would be a long shot.

• Like 1

Yes, it's a bit of  long shot. Though I'm pretty sure he'd remember the occasion as he gave me and my friend his last 20 or so cacti. 

I remember his first name but I don't know if he's on SAB though it seems pretty likely that he would be, being such a keen collector. I was just wondering if I was to use his first name here, if he or someone else would feel that I'd compromised their privacy. And yes, not on FB. Never was, never will be...

Thanks!

Edited by glod
  • Like 2

I guess given the circumstances then a first name wouldn't be entirely terrible or a breach of security too badly. But that is just my opinion mate and I don't speak for the whole of SAB. I will PM you now, tell me their first name and I'll let u know if anyone I know shares that first name, and will run it by another friend of mine whos been balls deep in the scene for a decade+

SA and especially VIC seem to have a super strong cactus fraternity going on.  You may find who you're looking for.

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with calling it a blue Tricho peruviana, it doesn't actually need a cultivar name. more people should resist naming clones, especially if it's origins are dubious or unknown.

I like trichos named after females, I think it's a respectful way of naming them, rather than calling them something dodgy like tricho 'Super-Mind-Melter' 

Just name it after your childhood sweetheart. ie Tricho "PUNKY BREWSTER" ... Perfect :P  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Halcyon Daze said:

I like trichos named after females, I think it's a respectful way of naming them

^ T.Peruvianus  'Ball Breaker'

T.Peruvianus  'Wet Blanket'

T.Peruvianus  'Money Pit'

• Like 1

Yeah but the rare ones are worth it.

A man (or woman) may search his entire life and not find one  -rare as hen's teeth.

Tricho "Hillary Clinton".....

AAAAAAAjajajajajajajajajajajaajajajajajaja  WOOT WOOT!  **BOOM** , Y'ALL JUST GOT F'd in the A!!!! :P:P:P 

ulvnyk8xmjcy.jpg

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 2