The Corroboree
Psiphi

Monstrose/Weird Tricho seed

I want some nice weird plants. If you've got any seed from monstrose/variegated Trichos I'd be keen to have a look!

I have cash and crypto, bunch of tricho, random other ethno seed and plants to trade

Cheers!

• Like 1

check out misplant seeds......anything crossed with variegated red grandiflorus can produce variegated seedlings.

also his pach oscar & pach olivia tend to make monstrous / crested seedlings

• Like 2

I've got some seed I could trade.

It's been treated to induce mutation so any mutations present are likely unique and not inherited from mum/dad.

Mutation percentage is around 10%

Send me a message if you're keen.

Here's a little guy who's about 18 months old on own roots from an earlier batch.

Send me a pm if interested

IMG20180623143658.jpg

IMG20180623143658.thumb.jpg.54b543c8cd3a00261b9c8a41095ddf76.jpg

IMG20180623143658.thumb.jpg.54b543c8cd3a00261b9c8a41095ddf76.jpg

• Like 3

curious to know what your seeds have been treated with ace1928??

At the moment I'm keeping it a bit of a secret. Been a long project with a lot of trial and error and keen to recoup some investment before spreading the info around freely.
I can say it is non-gmo though and won't give you cancer (unless a gene mutation happens to cause it to now produce some carcinogenic phytochemical)

• Like 1

Definitely check out misplant seeds, and like @zelly said get some crossed wiith oscar. I got heaps this year and there some that are freaking out big time! They're awesome to watch grow. Have fun

Misplants definitely throws out a lot of variegated and crested cacti. 5b3bf030f0208_184variegate.thumb.jpg.0185932e808e78c5985d7a4295112f12.jpgvariegatedValidus7.thumb.jpg.f28ac323cea1d4f88a403a975d050368.jpg   

Ethylmethane sulfonate (EMS) can be used to induce point mutations. Soaking your seed in a solution of 0.2% (w/v) EMS may produce those genetic mutations you like, but it is also very carcingogenic so it must be handled with care. Suffice it to say, any chemical you use to induce genetic mutations should likely be handled with care if you haven’t had any offsprings yet yourself… especially important. The downside of coarse with a treatment like this is that you are also likely to lose a large percentage of your seed as they will simply fail to germinate.

Alternately or concurrently, one might wish to experiment with colchicine to induce polyploidy with your seedlings as this can sometimes result in phenotype changes. This is especially true with hybrids and may even improve fertility in hybrids that are not generally fertile.

variegatedValidus7.thumb.jpg.f28ac323cea1d4f88a403a975d050368.jpg

5b3bf030f0208_184variegate.thumb.jpg.0185932e808e78c5985d7a4295112f12.jpg

variegatedValidus7.thumb.jpg.f28ac323cea1d4f88a403a975d050368.jpg

5b3bf030f0208_184variegate.thumb.jpg.0185932e808e78c5985d7a4295112f12.jpg

Edited by Inyan
  • Like 3

Yeh chemical treatments can be super hazardous to the person using them, especially due to the subtle damage they cause as compared to out right chemical burns or some other obvious reaction (although many will cause an obvious reaction as well).
Definitely not something trivial to play with lightly.

Polyploidy is not something I've played with much yet but definitely one I want to have some with with soon. I think oryzalin would be a better option than colchicine though. Colchicine does kill a large number of what you use it on.

And I defo need to get me some of those variegate misplant seeds.

Anyone got some nice variegate producing seed they want to exchange a few of the induced mutant seed for?

8 hours ago, ace1928 said:

Yeh chemical treatments can be super hazardous to the person using them, especially due to the subtle damage they cause as compared to out right chemical burns or some other obvious reaction (although many will cause an obvious reaction as well).

Definitely not something trivial to play with lightly.

Polyploidy is not something I've played with much yet but definitely one I want to have some with with soon. I think oryzalin would be a better option than colchicine though. Colchicine does kill a large number of what you use it on.

And I defo need to get me some of those variegate misplant seeds.

Anyone got some nice variegate producing seed they want to exchange a few of the induced mutant seed for?

Yeah, chemicals can be hazardous if improperly handled. Even household bleach can kill. Bottom line, don't sniff, drink, or otherwise touch chemicals with your bare hands if you haven't read the SDS or MSDS on them and are sure that it is okay. . If your not willing to read an SDS or MSDS or take simple  precautions such as wearing gloves to protect yourself from some of the more hazardous chemicals you probably shouldn't be allowed around chemicals.

• Like 1