The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
squidgygoanna

Light green spots have appeared on a few of my cacti, anyone know the cause?

Noticed these light green blotches appearing on some of my smaller cacti, does anyone know what it is?

20180116_122148.jpg

20180116_122148.thumb.jpg.dc6d27de0f411c418a6b4e0c9cdf8538.jpg

20180116_122148.thumb.jpg.dc6d27de0f411c418a6b4e0c9cdf8538.jpg

Edited by squidgygoanna

how about some more info such as are they in full sun? 

do the discolorations appear only on sun-facing sides? 

are the discolored ones hybrids? 

are you feeding adequate amounts of nitrogen? 

Is the potting soil healthy insofar as to allow adequate nutrient intake?

Question for the mosiac virus crowd......does the virus  occur in specific areas on a plant or does it manifest in all parts?

Almost looks like it’s being eaten. How drys the pot? When mine get light coloured I soak the pot in full sunlight for a day and they swell up and get dark again. Though it does looked scared. Any other plants with similar damage or just the cacti?

They are in full sun, same spot that I always keep them through summer. Discolorations do appear on sun-facing side though. Just gave them a feed of seasol and powerfeeda few weeks ago so nutrients and water shouldn't be an issue, and the potting soil is healthy as far as I'm aware. The cacti are in a secluded spot so there's no other plants affected.

How longs it been in the pot? Could be the roots need more room. Or perhaps it’s gettting too much sun (if you’ve had any scorchers in the last month. Could have cooked the soil and roots. I’d put it in a shadier spot for a bit too just to see if it changes colour. Also I would worry about fertilising your cacti. That could have burned the roots too or put too much of a certain nutrient into its soil.

id repot it in some new cacti succ mix, water it, put it somewhere with partial shade and leave it be

Edited by Zedo