The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
miss-meander88

Mandrakes for trade :)

Hello :)

Finally gotten my computer to play nicely (after 4 hours of cursing and finally resetting then reinstalling windows - good god I hate technology sometimes)...

Which means I can get around to finally posting about my little Mandrakes that have finally gone dormant for the year (Thank you SagiXSagi for the seeds :wub:..they are amongst my top prized plants that make me so happy :)

It has taken me ages to decide which & how many to keep... But have decided to part with 5 out of 10. Also, after recently realising over the last few weeks, just how much I treasure my membership on these fantastic forums which give me a break from the drain of reality and constant life stressors, as well as the immense appreciation I have for the conversations I have with some of the members, I have decided to giveaway one and hopefully trade the rest, if anyone is interested, so as to increase the awesome collection within the sacred space that soothes my soul that is my garden :)

They are Mandragora Autumnalis, and I am pretty sure I cannot post them to WA/TAS. I will investigate the best way to get them to anyone who may be interested, if anyone shows interest :) They are on their 2nd year (I am still a novice gardener, so I am unsure if they are developing at the rate they should be, but I have repotted a couple of times, just to be sure they are still there (which I plan not to do anymore, as I know it stunts their growth...it is so hard to resist!) 

I plan on keeping 1,2,5,9 & 10....I figured I would see if anyone would be interested in trading something small in return (just so I can keep my gardening diverse and interesting!)

However the first one I will give away, to the first person to show interest I guess :) (Would rather save the larger ones for trade, so first posters pick from 3,6 or 7 :))

Anyway, let me know if you're interested & hope everyone is having a nice Saturday night/Sunday morn :) 

20180110_002604.jpg

20180110_142645.jpg

20180110_142742.jpg

20180110_002604.thumb.jpg.72c28d786dffe93405969b38a6ee25d9.jpg

20180110_142645.thumb.jpg.6c50b0aa89cc818d1c423e2a324ee176.jpg

20180110_142742.thumb.jpg.b1884470634fc53bf56df93f7e23262e.jpg

20180110_002604.thumb.jpg.72c28d786dffe93405969b38a6ee25d9.jpg

20180110_142645.thumb.jpg.6c50b0aa89cc818d1c423e2a324ee176.jpg

20180110_142742.thumb.jpg.b1884470634fc53bf56df93f7e23262e.jpg

• Like 3

Nice i have some cactus seeds for trade if interested i can get a list together.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in a trade, will pm you a bit later once I've gone over my collection

cheers

• Like 1

Yay!  Replies :)

Endotheogen; you can have the giveaway :), I will reply to your PM :)

od101010; I had a go at some cactus seeds, they are sooo cute when they are little :wub:, I will PM you :)

Matt1208; from memory I think we have had a few chats and you also were a recipient of my crafty stuffs (which I am getting back into, however this time will bake for longer and package better to ensure to breakages; it breaks my heart when my crafts don't arrive safely, I likely rushed things a little too much back then...but I will not make the same mistake again)...It was awhile ago so I will track back through my PMs and try to remember which great conversationalist you were :) 

thank you all for the replies :) I will get onto this further this arvo, am just about to pack up camp and head to the pub so I don't boil to death in this heat :) 

I think there should still be 2 left for rehoming, I will post again once you three have selected which one  :) 

Nice to see some up for offer. I've grown them for a few years now and don't often see them except my backyard. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, karode13 said:

Nice to see some up for offer. I've grown them for a few years now and don't often see them except my backyard. :)

They are awesome plants! Yes you don't see too many about :) nice to meet another mandrake enthusiast...the history and folklore surrounding them is just incredible! :)

you have done very good. very glad to see this thread. 

and yes it stunts them to unearth them often but it helps understanding its behaviour especially in pots. 

maybe for the next growing season try to push one more or plant along side some cactus with medium strength roots in a big pot. next season you might see a flower! 

and oh, dont keep them unearthed too much. repot ASAP after the trade

I should make a post here documenting the several years of their growth. I've got threads at shroomery.org if you're bored and feel like surfing the interweb. Google my name and mandrake should get you to it. I plant to repot and check the roots on mine before the weather cools.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 6:35 AM, sagiXsagi said:

you have done very good. very glad to see this thread. 

and yes it stunts them to unearth them often but it helps understanding its behaviour especially in pots. 

maybe for the next growing season try to push one more or plant along side some cactus with medium strength roots in a big pot. next season you might see a flower! 

and oh, dont keep them unearthed too much. repot ASAP after the trade

Hi SagiX

I am super pleased my mandrake caring capabilities make you glad! The seeds you sent have brought me great joy! 

Yes I plan to do my best not to poke and prod them for the next few seasons, I am a touch like a small child with these guys! I just have to see what they are doing - when I see they are growing bigger I get super excited, tis quite sad :wub:

I will definitely have to try the cactus tip - the photos on your thread of the fruit are just exquisite with their little veins like yellow and green rivers...super cool looking :)

Yes I took them out for a photo but now they are in little pots until the trade is over and then I will carefully put them into bigger permanent homes :) I was unsure of how to post them so I just put them in a little bit of dirt, wrapped in brown paper then a bit of bubble wrap...probably overkill but I didn't want anyone to receive a mushed or dead one :/

• Like 1

On ‎19‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 8:44 AM, karode13 said:

I should make a post here documenting the several years of their growth. I've got threads at shroomery.org if you're bored and feel like surfing the interweb. Google my name and mandrake should get you to it. I plant to repot and check the roots on mine before the weather cools.

Ooo I like photos that show progressions...I will have to check your posts out!

Happy mandraking! :) 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2018 at 0:44 AM, karode13 said:

hey check out this thread 

I've followed that thread since the beginning. Thanks sagiXsagi :)

Just letting anyone know who may still be interested that 3, 7 and 9 are all in new homes :) 

Am going to put them in their final resting place soon as they are in tubestock pots at the moment, so PM me if anyone else takes fancy in any of the remaining ones :)

• Like 1