The Corroboree
☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Anybody sporting cobalt not even slinky? how are they?

G'day fellow axekin out there ...

Anyone sporting those Ernie Ball Cobalt Not Even Slinky (strings for playing in drop those not familiar) for drop tuning to

A-E-A-D-G-B ? for those Type O negative type depths of chuggington ...

How do they go are they the cream and can you tell any difference from the cobalt ring/harmonic?

Any limitations to warn a soon to be convert from .008's ? 

They wobble and fret buzz too much at that depth and I'll be a'gettn' the ole floyd rose restrung soon after :) fkn it up for a few hours and thinking ya know I could pay a good man to do this in an hour with some appropes ... that deserves it.

How are you finding them? I recently acquired a relatively alright LTD which I'm going to get restrung/set up properly sometime soon. String selection is doing my head in a bit, I've used the 'slinky top, heavy bottom' set in the past which I did enjoy but these look alright indeed. I could certainly go a bit chunkier, just curious as to any limitations you've found?

• Like 1

I havent tried that guage on a 6 string but have used a mates 7 string that had them plus a bass string for the low end.

They were a bit hard to bend but they sound awesome with great harmonics. There was still a bit of wobble when tuned down lower than b but nothing to worry about unless your recoding.

Edited by DeadStar
Forgot a few words
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tøn said:

How are you finding them? I recently acquired a relatively alright LTD which I'm going to get restrung/set up properly sometime soon. String selection is doing my head in a bit, I've used the 'slinky top, heavy bottom' set in the past which I did enjoy but these look alright indeed. I could certainly go a bit chunkier, just curious as to any limitations you've found?

Finding them ace .. a little tougher on the bend than my ole 008's but the elasticity to snap back to the note bent from is much faster and quite a niftly little toy in it's self !! so far no limitations other than to make that debend slower it needs a lil "power steering" from the pinky thus can take up a lil time room ahead of your next note shot

• Like 1

Awesome, thank you both! That's enough of a recommendation for me... I tend to bend notes unintentionally so that might prove handy :P