The Corroboree
Northerner

Passiflora

Looking for passiflora cuttings. Particularly incarnata and quadrangularis but I'm open to other species in this massive family too.

Thanks

Educate me:- is passiflora the passion fruit vine? Like purple or yellow? Or it is a similar species. My yellow passion fruit vine has cool flowers which look similar. 

I read the passion fruit vine was passiflora edilus but really not sure if this is correct and or if the species your after are even the same plant. 

Edulis is the purple or yellow fruit vine "passionfruit". Incarnata is "passionflower," the more medicinally interesting plant. 

• Like 2

I've got an incarnata vine I've been trying to kill for quiet a few years now... I'll have to check if it's come back again from the last poisoning, if so I'll pull up a bit with some roots if you're still looking 

• Like 1

That'd be awesome thanks Matt  :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zedo said:

Educate me:- is passiflora the passion fruit vine? Like purple or yellow? Or it is a similar species. My yellow passion fruit vine has cool flowers which look similar. 

I read the passion fruit vine was passiflora edilus but really not sure if this is correct and or if the species your after are even the same plant. 

It's a massive family with many geo-variations. Even in Australia we've got a bunch of different ones.

The one I'm after in particular is the "Maypop" variety.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d3/Passion_Vine_NBG_LR.jpg

Quadrangularis is very interesting though too

.https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51qfNkHT7ZL.jpg

• Like 3

Oh wow. Do they grow similar to edilus just without fruit? Or do they also fruit? I might have to put my request in too soon.

Incarnata has a very poor fruit, quadrangularis has a massive sweet fruit. Like passion oranges with thick skins. :)

• Like 1

I might be able to help you out.

I have established vines of Love In A Mist (Passiflora Foetida) and Maypop (Passiflora Incarnata)

• Like 1

That'd be great if I could get some cuttings Infinity.

I've been waiting a while to get hold of Incarnata.

:wub: