The Corroboree
Smiling

Interesting Mitragyna Species

Since I cant find any Speciosa I have been investigating other species

Ive compiled a list of ones that I think are interesting

Mitragyna tubulosa
An extract of this plant was compared against loperamide in rats. Opioids are well known to cause constipation,  Just need to find some seeds...
http://cyber.sci-hub.bz/MTAuMzMyOS9ianAudjRpM4yODAx/10.3329%40bjp.v4i2.2801.pdf

Mitragyna ciliata
It was the original "kratom" that was released but the leaves were found to be inactive.  The stem bark seems to have some interesting properties

http://cyber.sci-hub.bz/MTAuMTAxNi9zMDM3OC04zQxKDAyKTAwMjUyLTA=/10.1016%40s0378-8741(02)00252-0.pdf

anyone got anything to add to the list?

Edited by Smiling
  • Like 2

M. hirsuta and javanica are said to be active, albeit at much higher doses, hence why they're most often found in extract forms. Hirsuta looks like kratom but with giant leaves.

You'll have more luck finding speciosa than any other species though, most likely. I have at least 2 sources for seeds if you want.

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 2

Hirsuta is closest to speciosa, a 25g dose is similar to about 5g - 7g speciosa, certainly active and worth experimenting with but something is missing. Extracts would be the go, more than 25g is hard to drink, even 25g has made me spew once or twice, from drinking it too fast, slow is the go. It tastes like a thick dirty coffee, not too bad at all as far as strong herbal brews go. Very nice synergy with a couple of beers strangely, as speciosa worked well as an alcohol repellent for me. Seems a good synergy with all the usual suspects, smoke etc too. Its a lot less bitter than speciosa, easier to drink but suggesting less alkaloids are present.

Javanica is more stimulating with less warm fuzzies. Hirsutra was the more rewarding for me.

• Like 3

On 9/18/2017 at 8:38 PM, Smiling said:

Mitragyna ciliata

It was the original "kratom" that was released but the leaves were found to be inactive.  

can someone tell me what is meant by "original kratom released" ?? did a "kratom" cutting do the rounds but found not to be kratom?