The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

Dragibus Curiousa Alkaloid isolated.

If anyone has fresh Dragibus curiosa seed I'd like to buy some.

I only want the red-seeded variant though :drool2: ,

as it is much more potent than the yellow-seeded one IME.

There seems to be self incompatibility with pollonation of the red-seeded strain.

the yellow-seeded variant is self-fertile and I have too many of them now.

The red-seeded bastard of a thing wont grow from cuttings either and for some reason,

is also graft-incompatible with the yellow-seeded one! (or maybe my propagating skills are up the shit...?) :BANGHEAD2:

I'm beginning to suspect that they're two completely different species altogether. :wacko:

Maybe the genus needs a full taxonomic revision,

especially given the confusion a few years ago with Dragibus viridistoma, D.roseodonta, D.chromaglossa and D.curiousa , and all the bloody troubles that it caused. :angry:

It was so bloody confusing and frustrating with all that contradictory info flying about.

someone was even trying to pass D.melastoma off as the true species, maybe just out of ignorance, but it's quite easy to tell them apart, even while in the juvenile stage.

There's quite a different taste in the fresh leaf of D.melastoma from all the others once you're acquainted with it, so unless they were familiar with them, an excusable mistake I guess.

But still, if they're asking top dollar for a few seeds,

you want to be sure you're getting the species you're after. :angry:

Everyone reckoned they they had the true species,

but with numerous introductions from various sources, it was difficult to sort out what was what until they reached maturity.

Even then The relevant taxonomic info was so hard to find to key the species out definitively.

Now I have the descriptions of most species and I've had them translated kindly by a local Afghani guy.

Dari is actually his first language, but he's also fluent in Arabic and he's getting better at English now too. :)

Added to the lack of reputable info in the early days, the differences between most of the species are so subtle that you need to have all the species together to sort them apart from each other.

I think I'm now beginning to make sense of it all though.

If only I could get some more seed, I reckon I'll have it all sorted out.

My red seeded one just needs a pollen donor to grow subsequent generations true to type.

So If anyone can help out in this regard, I would be most grateful

PM me if you can help and I'll share with you the breakthrough I've made with regard to seed treatment in overcoming seed dormancy

I've increased average germination from around 27% to around 93% and in half the time!

No bullshit! B)

Edited by gecko

Actually this net friend of mine is saying not only the yellow seed strain is of less potency, but that there's also qualitative different as well. He says much more visions and colours and insight experienced with red variety, whereas the yellow seed one can only induce some short of euphoric stimulation with no hallucination at times.

Another report I found says that they can be equally potent, the red one being just more consistent and reliable. I have not personal exeprience though

So gecko what graftin method did you try? I'd love to trade/buy some yellow seed, as red seed seems hard to find.

tst

so mutant can you read arabic or somehow finally get it translated for me?

You have the pdf in arabic too? I am still waiting for it... If you do, yeah I think I can get it translated around here!

That friend of mine has been very secretive about that pdf and made me swear I keep it to myself at least 3 times and still hasn't sent me. But yeah, I got some afghan friend here that I think could easily do it, he used to be a teacher back home and is pretty educated. Hopefully I will be able to have it ready in one or two months.

Thing is, I did swear to this guy, so I am bit in a dilemma about letting the word out or not about this supposedly secret text. I mean, I don't believe in swearing and such, but I did gave my word to the guy...

I guess people have kept their word and this text hasn't spread a lot, despite many years since this plant made the news in ethno community passed since.

This thread reminds me of the movie "Total Recall".

You know, at the end, when you can't figure out whether Arnie actually was a secret agent from Mars who had had his memory erased or whether he was still strapped into a chair at Recall hallucinating the whole thing? :huh:

Hmmm...

• Like 1

^ LOL

Word on the grapevine is the iluminati in conjunction with the lizard people are the ones spreading the misinformation & coverting what little is known of dragibus, apparently it is the last piece they need for total world domination... unless of course they have already put it all together & we are just drones at their whim under the spell of curiosa intoxication... Hmmmm.

I've been told Dragibus is bullshit by many prominent members of the ethnobotanical community.

Hey Teotz', good to see you are still out there searching for the Truth.