The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alchemica

Cacao Therapy for The Ill - South Australia

Hi All. My community plant extracts died when people stopped that from eventuating but in that process, there was a rebirth. I went on a spirited journey to find my Heart and Soul. It's in helping people who are in the hells like I experienced for so long. Not packing small quantities of samples at cost for people. I've also started my own therapeutic community, Adelaide Therapy for Soul Community on facebook for all, including the disadvantaged to get together in the botanic gardens with soulful therapy in mind. Join in if you're in Adelaide.

Lately I have developed a deep relationship with Cacao. I have been working on a therapy chocolate, rich in flavonols and alkaloids + minerals which is exceedingly hearty and therapeutic. It has helped me, now I want others to experience this medicine. I've been working on admixtures and noticed how Cacao when enriched with alkaloids is like a gatekeeper to a therapeutic heart-space for those feeling disconnected from themselves and community... the admixtures take it deeper...

I think a Heart-strengthening legal therapy chocolate is highly viable. I see this as a potent catalytic therapy ally. In my goal to work with people in real rockbottom states who are totally disconnected from their selves, Hearts and those trying to help them, if we can catalyse a step towards connection, within oneself and mirrored by a supportive community, I see we can jump start new directions in life. These suffering souls, like I was, are severely hardened off, I aim to open them up to love.

:wub:

A mission to bring disadvantaged people to the Heart and into Community.

I want to expand my heart space more to offer others the chance for Chocolate Therapy, I'll aim to run at a donation going towards costs. I'm going to invest a bit getting this happening and run at a loss. It sounds insane but after seeing how potently therapeutic a change I can make in my life through plant allies, I want to do the same for others and inspire a shift towards such healing, legally.

Seeing I'm mainly wanting to cater to people where money is already an issue, I can't ask for money. I just ask that people use this medicine to inspire real life heart changes. That said, I will open myself to external donations from others if they want to support such a mission. I'm going to use a GoFundMe page to inspire grassroots cacao therapy for the disadvantaged. GoFundMe's fee is 5% from each donation you receive. The payment processor fee is 2.25% + $0.30 per donation. If you want to be more direct and know me, do it that way. PM me for paypal details! All donations are strictly for expanding my medicine circle.

All funds will support local suppliers and ethical cacao products

Not expecting I'll recover costs but this is a mission from the Heart, not the pocket so that's cool.

Much love and gratitude for any support you can offer!

~~~

Cacao therapy is so synergistic as a whole medicine for the Soul. Extracting just the alkaloids takes part of the magic out but it looks like spicing up the magic of the raw cacao flavonols with solid levels of spirited methylxanthines is really therapeutic...

A substantial interaction between cocoa flavanols and methylxanthines exists at the level of absorption, in which the methylxanthines mediate an increased plasma concentration of (-)-epicatechin metabolites that coincides with enhanced CNS/vascular effects commonly ascribed to cocoa flavanol intake.

MTXs act through a variety of different molecular mechanisms: mobilization of intracellular calcium, inhibition of phosphodiesterases (PDEs), modulation of gamma-amino butyric acid (GABAA) receptors, inhibition of high affinity ATP-dependent cyclic nucleotide transporters and antagonism of adenosine receptors. The plasma levels that could be reached under dietary regimes and the fact that MTXs readily cross the blood-brain barrier indicate that these drugs inhibit adenosine receptors in the CNS; higher doses may be required to mobilize intracellular calcium, inhibit PDEs or modulate GABAA receptors, or to unselectively inhibit ABCC5 and ABCC4 transporters. Moreover, despite the physiological relevance, also under scrutiny is how caffeine, theobromine and theophylline are able to interact with native double helical DNA

Cocoa and chocolate are not just treats -- they are good for your cognition: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/06/170629101648.htm

Health benefits of methylxanthines in neurodegenerative diseases: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28074613

PM me if you can support this mission.

Love and best wishes!

https://www.gofundme.com/cacao-therapy-for-the-ill

Edited by Alchemica
  • Like 12

This guy ^ has been so generous to me (and doubtless others) over the years.

Also he's a mad scientist, trailblazer and guinea pig.

Maybe he has discovered the ancient lost alchemy behind the food of the gods beverage?

For those that weren't here or weren't paying attention, i've noted his presence since before the current username, his unfortunate backstory and quest to dig himself out of a dark hole.

A gem if you ask me.  

Will provide some support not that i understand the chemistry being discussed.  And screw the middleman.

Now shutup and take my money.

• Like 6

Thank you for the kind words and support TI!

It's just a tool I've found that reconnects me with all I couldn't connect with deeply, my heart. May have fried my brain but frankly that thing was the most annoying thing I ever met! Now it's subjugated to the Heart through the plants, thank God! Huachuma at rockbottom was my first introduction to heart-medicine, now this is my healthy point of access to deep therapeutic states. I want to get others here...

• Like 1

Ahh!  Now that  makes sense to me as a starting point.  That stuff can show you what it means to be a human. the synnergy between the chocolate and other things is beyond my ken.  

The heart is a tricky thing especially for those who operate from the head as their default mode.  Even though i can summon thoughtfulness, empathy, generosity and guarded intimacy, i've often felt that to live through one's heart would be truly worthwhile...but it doesn't come naturally for me at all.  I identify as my mind, yet, from a spiritual viewpoint or maybe even looking at the nervous system, the heart unites our powerful, resilient, martial, physical, sexual, surviving, thriving grounded beast of the earth nature with the yearning, learning, expanding, understanding, questioning, answering, whole and divided, god-seeking mental aspect.

Heart ties the human being together from the perspective that we are a layercake of energies, and maybe from other perspectives too?

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

As ThunderIdeal has said.

Alch is a prodigy. He is a man of the purest and most beneficent and benevolent intentions.

I cannot measure in words, dollars, feelings, or tears saved what he has given me over the years.

He has guided me through many a dark moment despite still seeking the light himself, often putting pushing me towards a brighter place ahead of his own quest to escape the black. I'm sure that I am not alone in this experience.

His knowledge of psychopharmacology is astonishing and what I have learned from him far exceeds that of a reasonably extensive formal education.

Equally if not more impressive is his ability to meld together that knowledge with a deep and genuine sense of spirituality and psychology.

His inner strength is an inspiration that will forever leave me in awe.

That he has, despite having such hurdles thrown in front of him that would leave many leaving the track, continued to leap, bound, climb and crawl along the path is impressive enough. However that he runs that race not for himself, but for the greater good, for the downtrodden, for the lost and the hurt, is beyond the comprehension of most. 

There are few in this world for whom I hold such respect and admiration.

If you can support him in any way, please do. 

I don't get on here much these days, but to add support to his cause I felt compelled.

Much love.

• Like 4

Thanks all for your kind words, much love to my brothers and sisters who have supported me!

While my R&D kindred spirits are at work, I'm looking at the best way to distribute soulful hearty life cleansing to the community, those in need. Even functional foods is pushing it a bit [a lot]. I'll probably move into the soap industry. These will be single use high cacao goodness of intensity with varying spirit fragrances. The suggestion is that the spirit of the cacao and admixture infuses into you at a healthy rate, transdermally or something 1f917.png

Let you know how progress is going!

• Like 2

So yeah, it seems I can get quite a potent therapy chocolate and go two ways, into cognitive/cardiovascular health improvement with polyphenols/flavonols, or spice it up to spirited hearty dimensions with methylxanthines. A bit of both is REALLY nice.

I've always had the intention of having things for cognitive improvement in cognitive impairment, having struggled with that myself and having a loved one with Alzheimer's. I see a therapy chocolate for neurodegenerative/age related cognitive decline, also targeting cardiovascular health is highly feasible, I'd like to make that a project soon. Probably be a high flavonol chocolate with low doses of methylxanthines and things like rosmarinic acid. This one will be less spirited and more a functional food so it probably wont have to be in my external use range 1f609.png

• Like 2

You might wonder what a donation gives the community? So far I've raised $60, that will go to more cacao alkaloid so I can stock up on that aspect. This will get me 70g of alkaloids. @ 200mg/dose that's lots of people benefiting. I'll fund the cacao powder and other ingredients myself until I get more funds.

I've not been exploring this ally exclusively, I've also implemented some nice healthy diet changes:

I'm finding chlorella and cacao powder potently therapeutic together and a great introduction to the plant! You could go fancy, add some kale powder etc but that combo is nice and so healing: Try a smoothie of the two!

Chlorella is considered a biological response modifier, as demonstrated by its protective activities against immune dysregulation, infections, tumors and stress. It has preventive effects on cognitive decline in age-dependent dementia model

Chlorella vulgaris reduces the impact of stress on hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and brain c-fos expression.

Predominantly emotional stressors activate a wide range of brain areas, as revealed by the expression of immediate early genes, such as c-fos. Chlorella vulgaris (CV) is considered a biological response modifier, as demonstrated by its protective activities against infections, tumors and stress. We evaluated the effect of acute pretreatment with CV on the peripheral and central responses to forced swimming stress in adult male rats. Pretreatment with CV produced a significant reduction of stress-related hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal activation, demonstrated by decreased corticotrophin releasing factor gene expression in the hypothalamic paraventricular nucleus (PVN) and lower ACTH response. Hyperglycemia induced by the stressor was similarly reduced. This attenuated neuroendocrine response to stress occurred in parallel with a diminished c-fos expression in most evaluated areas, including the PVN. The data presented in this study reinforce the usefulness of CV to diminish the impact of stressors, by reducing the HPA response. Although our results suggest a central effect of CV, further studies are necessary to understand the precise mechanisms underpinning this effect.

Association of flavonoid-rich foods and flavonoids with risk of all-cause mortality.

Flavonoids are bioactive compounds found in foods such as tea, red wine, fruits and vegetables. Higher intakes of specific flavonoids, and flavonoid-rich foods, have been linked to reduced mortality from specific vascular diseases and cancers. However, the importance of flavonoid-rich foods, and flavonoids, in preventing all-cause mortality remains uncertain. As such, we examined the association of intake of flavonoid-rich foods and flavonoids with subsequent mortality among 93 145 young and middle-aged women in the Nurses' Health Study II. During 1 838 946 person-years of follow-up, 1808 participants died. When compared with non-consumers, frequent consumers of red wine, tea, peppers, blueberries and strawberries were at reduced risk of all-cause mortality (P<0·05), with the strongest associations observed for red wine and tea; multivariable-adjusted hazard ratios 0·60 (95 % CI 0·49, 0·74) and 0·73 (95 % CI 0·65, 0·83), respectively. Conversely, frequent grapefruit consumers were at increased risk of all-cause mortality, compared with their non-grapefruit consuming counterparts (P<0·05). When compared with those in the lowest consumption quintile, participants in the highest quintile of total-flavonoid intake were at reduced risk of all-cause mortality in the age-adjusted model; 0·81 (95 % CI 0·71, 0·93). However, this association was attenuated following multivariable adjustment; 0·92 (95 % CI 0·80, 1·06). Similar results were observed for consumption of flavan-3-ols, proanthocyanidins and anthocyanins. Flavonols, flavanones and flavones were not associated with all-cause mortality in any model. Despite null associations at the compound level and select foods, higher consumption of red wine, tea, peppers, blueberries and strawberries, was associated with reduced risk of total and cause-specific mortality. These findings support the rationale for making food-based dietary recommendations.

Cocoa and Dark Chocolate Polyphenols: From Biology to Clinical Applications.

It is well known that cocoa and dark chocolate possess polyphenols as major constituents whose dietary consumption has been associated to beneficial effects. In fact, cocoa and dark chocolate polyphenols exert antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities switching on some important signaling pathways such as toll-like receptor 4/nuclear factor κB/signal transducer and activator of transcription. In particular, cocoa polyphenols induce release of nitric oxide (NO) through activation of endothelial NO synthase which, in turn, accounts for vasodilation and cardioprotective effects. In the light of the above described properties, a number of clinical trials based on the consumption of cocoa and dark chocolate have been conducted in healthy subjects as well as in different categories of patients, such as those affected by cardiovascular, neurological, intestinal, and metabolic pathologies. Even if data are not always concordant, modifications of biomarkers of disease are frequently associated to improvement of clinical manifestations. Quite interestingly, following cocoa and dark chocolate ingestion, cocoa polyphenols also modulate intestinal microbiota, thus leading to the growth of bacteria that trigger a tolerogenic anti-inflammatory pathway in the host. Finally, many evidences encourage the consumption of cocoa and dark chocolate by aged people for the recovery of the neurovascular unit.

Add the Mg, Fe, fibre, prebiotic effect and it's a winner!

Edited by Alchemica

Yeah after some work from my R&D team, a soulful Hearty body lotion is so much easier to work with! Get to use nice coconut MCTs and hemp seed oil blends with my therapeutic... er skin remedies. Try to bring these therapies in various pack sizes, ranging from individual Heart-space trials, to longer therapeutic solutions for er stronger dermatological problems. Once I have the blends ready, they will be available to SAB members at a donation for times of need. I'll use my skills to tailor to individual struggles and requirements.

• Like 1

Coconut milk/cream?

Pure MCT, if you accidentally get some in your mouth, is a kind of off-putting tasteless!

I'll work on it and do some research, aiming for the best ketogenic potential in some cases... might try plain coconut oil with some hemp seed oil to bring it to a body spread for most cases. What's your opinion TI? What would you see best suited for the job? It wont be loaded with oils, just enough to get a spread of suitable 'skin feel'. Most of the work will be with the heavily therapeutic doses of cacao actives and any required admixtures.

I know a little about glorious fats but don't let me lead your pharmacology astray ("yeah!" everyone shouts in unison)

Not a fan of the hemp oil.  rancidity can be an issue.  Are PUFAs actually a good thing anyway?  not in my books.  Yes it has ALA if that somehow helps.  You would want cold pressed and to consider storage requirements (no sunlight and suitable temp).  

Apparently these particular omega 6 acids are good for the skin! :P

As for coconut oil thats the goodness right there, in my books.  all saturated, very stable and two thirds MCT.  but be sure to avoid like the plague any refined coconut oil.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
Typo
  • Like 1

Thanks for the input, much appreciated. I think you've got a vastly better array of knowledge than me on this, I've just resonated with different ones and read a bit of pubmed on it which doesn't make me well versed in the best way to do this. I've found hemp seed oil really useful for my health while getting poor responses to DHA/EPA omega-3's. I like the LA/ALA etc blend for it's effect on endocannabinoids and inflammation. That said, I've noted how wildly responses vary to PUFAs between people. Might just use coconut oil as the major one and keep it simple.

These words came to me today, reinforcing how I have to stay true to the medicine, not go overboard into man's stupidity:

My journey with cacao has been quite an interesting one. It started with a potluck need to connect, got turned into an inspirational moment of flavouring tasty vegan chocolate with lemon balm, lemon myrtle and frankincense, ventured into foolish trials exploring endocannabinoid enriched chocolate with oleamide and even palmitoylethanolamide then became a bit of a mission to go overboard fancy, deviate into Big Pharma-style chocolate.

Then I truly connected with the Heart-space of the plant, developed a relationship with Cacao, nourished my health with high doses of cacao powder and then discovered the synergistics of the Food of the Gods through the alkaloid.

Now I need to honour that medicine journey by bringing it's true healing potential to those in need.

These days it's body lotion intensity healing I want to work with. I have to stay true to the plant, it's synergy it offers through it's own constituents is potent. I want all my offerings to stay true to it's potential, not deviate with too much complexity. Stay true to cacao's Heart and roots. Spice it up somewhat but not add man's stupidity to it's healing wisdom.

I need to keep it an honourable medicine. Explore synergies but not go to extremes.

The other avenue I'd like to explore is high intensity nutrition that would warm the hearts an souls of homeless and be quite nutritiously kJ rich yet compact and cheap. So main aspect being on nutrient dense, healthy, flavonol rich, healthy fats. This would be based around phytochemically nutritious, vitamin/mineral rich, calorific soul warming and could circulate quite well if I can make an economical option.

Look into bulk ingredients soon.

This mission will be funded at a separate page

https://www.gofundme.com/heart-and-soul-chocolate

Anyone recommend bulk economical cacao products of good ethics to do a big batch of food grade nutrition in jars?

Edited by Alchemica

are you asking if we think that's a good idea, to create a cacao-based jar of superfood to be sold as food?

i guess maybe?

i sort of think people pursue a nutritious diet or they don't, and there are those in the middle of course...  but i wonder.. is a single dose of superfood even going to have much benefit?

-------

okay i've read the link and it makes more sense now.  i have some input but it can be via pm.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

Alchemica, are you coming along to EGA,

maybe talk about this as a workshop?

I'll be there.

I'd love to one day but for the moment, I struggle with such things. I'm kind of relying on cacao medicine to boost my cognition out of the bottom 0.1% where it lay cognitively in a neuropsychological assessment. I have in tact writing and slowly getting some verbal skills back socially but being me and hooking words and speech and what I know and what I want to express together doesn't happen easily...

I have a severe cognitive processing speed issue that makes such things a little hard.

Edited by Alchemica

I shared this with a friend, worth adding: I believe I'm getting such powerful effects from the cacao because both my heart was so out of whack and my brain so damaged and continuously being damaged by my heartless approach to life. Other Heart medicine shattered me to Heart but left me drifting aimlessly, spiritually fluffing around. No direction. This reintegrated me, in Heart.

Cacao is potently neurorestorative/protective and good for the heart at the spirit and sciency cardiovascular level, improves cerebral blood flow hemodynamics, NO, boosts BDNF actions and neurogenesis etc through the flavonols. It's mineral rich. Feeds/adjusts the microbiome, tapers immune responses, potent anti-oxidant, so many benefits. Load up on the good fats, tapering down CNS pathologies and energetically helping with ketone bodies in addition and the methylxanthines which interact right down to directly with the DNA and have beneficial effects in neurodegenerative conditions, I'm doing so much better. Add stuff like the healthier diet, chlorella and work to reconnect with society and start volunteering at it's been so helpful.

Considering I was, and still am, seeing a neuropsychiatrist soon for probably more MRIs etc to see what was happening with my progressive scary cognitive decline, it's really good to throw the most healing agents I can think of at this. I was super sick...

Once again. Met with only criticism by my family for embarking on my cacao healing mission... this time they dare not better even try to get in the way of me living out my Heart and Soul. Been through enough shit without them adding more to it. They should for once support my health and nourish me by encouraging my healthy healing passion. But no.

Thank you to the dear friends who are really encouraging and nourishing me.

Edited by Alchemica

Interesting findings. Virgin coconut oil (VCO) has been reported to possess antioxidative, anti-inflammatory and anti-stress properties. It has the potential to be used as a memory enhancer, the effect of which was mediated, at least in part, through enhanced cholinergic activity, increased antioxidant level and reduced oxidative stress.

Enhanced memory in Wistar rats by virgin coconut oil is associated with increased antioxidative, cholinergic activities and reduced oxidative stress.

Virgin coconut oil (VCO) is increasingly known for its usefulness as functional food oil. This is evident by the increased availability of VCO in the South East Asian countries (Marina et al. 2009b). In general, VCO is predominantly made up of triglycerides (i.e., short- and medium-chain saturated fatty acids). Interestingly, 60% of the medium-chain triglycerides (MCT) in the VCO are almost similar to those in mother’s milk, an ideal natural food formula that protects infants from infections and other illnesses (Isaacs & Thormar 1990). Lauric acid, in particular, is an MCT that encompasses the majority of VCO nutritional content (Bawalan & Chapman 2006). Its amount in VCO is comparable to that in the coconut oil (Marina et al. 2009b). Lauric acid is commonly used as nutritional supplements for infants or patients suffering from malabsorption (Nik Norulaini et al. 2009).

Besides, VCO is also rich in active polyphenol compounds, which are strong inhibitors of lipid peroxidation (Dosumu et al. 2010). Polyphenols are known for their neuroprotective actions, especially in preventing the neurotoxic effects of b-amyloid (Menard et al. 2013). The beneficial effects of VCO have been widely investigated. In fact, VCO has been reported for its excellent antioxidative, anti-inflammatory and antistress properties (Yeap et al. 2015).

Capitalizing on these therapeutic effects, the present study assessed the memory-enhancing effect of VCO in normal adult Wistar rats. It is now clear that some aspects of age-related cognitive decline begin in healthy educated adults when they are in their 20s and 30s (Salthouse 2009). Prevention or delay of the progression of age-related cognitive decline would definitely help to reduce the risk of functional impairment. Given that cognitive impairment is correlated with increased vulnerability of various biological components (e.g., lipids, proteins, nucleic acids and cholinergic neurotransmitters) to damaging effects of oxidative stress (Papandreou et al. 2009), VCO appeared to be an ideal nutraceutical-based memory-enhancing agent.

Mix it with Cacao and all systems Go!

Edited by Alchemica

Yesterday chocolate therapy got real. An adventure to the Adelaide Central Markets for community connection and supplies.

First hour and a bit was meeting and greeting some homeless people located around the periphery. There were two stand-outs Jacqueline and another man, a musician. I had a good chat with quite a few different people but Jacqueline and I connected. She's recently started an art course. She gave me a piece of her art and I helped her out with a meal - I thought the art was very Cacao resonant!  I'm going to get a high resolution scan for our project :)

The musician recently lost the way he made his income, his saxophone. We had a good chat and I contributed with a small donation of my own to his fundraising to get an instrument to play.

Also stocked up using community funds on therapy chocolate supplies. We have a new fancy cacao - criollo variety with a polyphenol contents of 11% and good nutritional value. Fair trade, sustainably grown, certified organic of course. Also found some raw cacao butter which looks awesome, much less refined than the commercial packed brands!

Follow updates on facebook

Edited by Alchemica

Hey, How is the Cacao healing going?

Ive been taking part in and more recently facilitating Ceremonial Raw Cacao over the last 2 years and have come across some truly amazing one of a kind Raw Cacao if you are interested?

The woman that introduced me too it has tried cacao from all over the world and never come across one as magical as this one and also very beautifully harvested and entwined with supporting and caring for the local community in South America...

Flick me a PM, Im in the Adelaide hills and work with Vibrational healing/Cacao... would love to meet more people in the Ceremonial Cacao scene and intent :)

• Like 1