The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
sagiXsagi

Stone / rock / crystal collection and identification

recently got to stone collecting and geology basics and attempting to stone identification, one week or so actually lol ... this is a pretty wide and difficult area... as always this happened fast, an amazing spot + my moms collection which gave to me, well the ones less,as she threw some away some time ago...

why i did this? I went for pebbles in beach  that I knew that had nice multi coloured stones for my cactus patch and pots... 

and ended up picked them one by one 

and by the time I was home and seeing some of them beauties I was like " fuck that I am not putting THOSE in cactus pots " and actually needed to know more about rocks and how the fuck they got to have such multi colours, and especially at that beach,I mean besides my luck. which means geology, basic geologic shits about rock formation and some hint or idea about different rocks... of course in relation to your own habitat, so you can verify etc... this is a lifetime sport like some old nuts say.. perhaps this began for me... always liked pebbles as a kid..

long story short ,went to pick stones for cactus patch,  and came back a geology fever some 7-8 days now, not even fever, more like a serious and new kind of intense and serious flu... imagine  something like your first times jerking off and simultaneously geology or earth history documentaries... early memories of school knowledge ,like there are 3 kinds of rock , volcanic, sediment and metamorphosed, actually seeming... pretty fucking interesting!!!! is supposed to be basic, but its really incredible if you think about it for a while changing the perspectives... 

if you think how rock is vital to ecosystems and all... how man managed to extract goods from rocks, minerals etc... 

as always this happened fast, an amazing spot w beautyful stones, + my moms collection  stones which she gave to me,

anyone with an interest here? 

beach/river pebbles collection is what I am more into as I gathered amazing stones in a week time - but goal is to learn not get overly fancy with it buying expensive crystal etc... thats my take anyways... 

SHEER FUCKING CURIOCITY 

transluscidities in chalcedonian type agates fractions found in a special beach and every type of transluscidity agate or quartz or quartzite or stone with part of the former are all  awesome to watch and play with with a torch in a dark place. same as and perhaps better in the amateur beach/river/lake pebbles collector who finds white quartz or smoth coloured quartizes (like the ones I found in my moms collection, mom actually knew what the fuck she was collecting , lots of awesome white quartz rock !!!)

In an case if you first see it, or see through it, that is testing the transluscidity of a supposed transluscent rock, it is amazing.. dunno what kind of education you got , but I was amazed like that when I bought a small microscope and saw some shit in miniscale... amazing... that did not happen in school , but I am catching up fast 

I was like, this should be shown in kids in school! what the fuck!! 

but oh well o boy, greek educational system well 

below are 2 samples of some selected stones... much of it is jasper, which is an opaque type of quartz.. but there are parts of agate and a multitude of types of quartz which are actually a geology school, simpoy there, ecologic and all, no mining, just collectin some pebbles! :)

CHIME IN AND SHOW YOUR STONE COLLECTION  , BEST STONES AND WHY YOU LOVE THOSE PARTICULAR STONE 

I am not participating yet because I am new to the sport, but propably soon with more pics...  cant choose a face yet 

we ll yet yeah I got... I got a stone that has a strange bird shown when light passes through... amazing shit

i am loving conglomerates or some lightning stones too 

DSCN2365.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

DSCN2365.thumb.jpg.bcce91e6c81a1bae10f037f652240fa3.jpg

DSCN2362.thumb.jpg.3fa6546c4cea63e43f830c1d9fd4cfd8.jpg

DSCN2365.thumb.jpg.bcce91e6c81a1bae10f037f652240fa3.jpg

DSCN2362.thumb.jpg.3fa6546c4cea63e43f830c1d9fd4cfd8.jpg

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 4

Nice stones :) They would make great arrow heads if you had the time to cut them into shape. I'll have to get the crystals out from under my pillow. They help me have nice dreams about cacti that came true LOL

LOL I think I am not at all good with hands, to do sculpture, let alone for hardness 7 stones... 

the other day I experimented a bit using a sandstone for knives (I saw that on YT) to smooth some of the stones (hand polish) , very tiring and the sandstone is wearing out too fast.. But worked OK as an experiment... need to used different grains to reach a good result.. 

Its a bit better if the stone is not quartz-hard, I think I will retry with a couple different grained sand papers... 

I suppose I have to check out shrumans hand made stuff again.... 

I got into gemstones and their vibrational qualities a few years ago after feeling water vibrate through my hands after a reiki lady put them in a bowl. I wasn't expecting anything at all so to physically feel that as clear as day blew my mind. It's not only that that I love about them, but they're beautiful, and also what they ARE, what they MEAN that fascinated me. Now alas I'm trying to sell most of my gem jewelry for cash which I need more. Ive got way too big of a collection to photo though. 

• Like 1