The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zedo

Zedo has zero money cause he bought a house!!!

So I own a house, we'll have for 2 months now. I've done so much earthworks and the like cleaning up the place to create my zen garden of spiritual delights. So I haven't been to active online lately nor doing much else. But I'm so excited I just can't stop.

So since I've been here you good people have helped me grow my garden and I love you for it. But now I call out:-

im looking for more wonderful plants to put around. We are aiming for native trees around the fence line like acacias, gurrvilias, bottle brushes. I've got a nice big area for cacti and succs. And later on I'll rig up a vege and fruit patch for food. 

So so as you may have realised I'm broke lol (buying a house sucks you dry). So I'm looking for contributions to my garden. I can still pay for postage and some for plants but not much. 

So so tell me what you got, what you can spare. And let's get its garden looking amazing. 

A few things I'm particularly chasing is some other variants of caapi, don't need cielo. And Viridis. 

But please suggest or offer what you want/can and I'll see if it fits what I'm going for. 

Thankyou 

Edited by Zedo
  • Like 3

Congrats on the purchase, I hope it brings much peace and joy to you : ) 

I have a couple of small obtusifolia plants spare and ready to pot up,

I can send seeds of heaps of different types of native acacias and some kaffir lime & bottle brush seeds, I can send the seeds for free, or the lot + what ever I got spare that will fit in a medium post satchel which is $13.80.

I am broke as shit as well but happy to contribute to your garden of zen : )

Let me know what ya think

• Like 3

Good luck Zedo, congrats on the new purchase too mate.
Sorry I can't contribute anything at the moment, I've just started collecting myself in the last 3 months - maybe in a year or so though.

I thought I'd just swing by to let you know that you may have miss spelt your own name in the title of this thread  :P

EDIT: Very generous of you Bardo!

Edited by Skellum
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Skellum said:

I thought I'd just swing by to let you know that you may have miss spelt your own name in the title of this thread  :P

Skellum you make me laugh so much, When i first read/saw your interest i knew you were a legend : )

you bring much joy with your comments, Please don't ever stop being you : )

• Like 3

^ Thx bardo man you're making me all warm and sticky... Ehh I mean fuzzy  :blush:

• Like 3

Awe, so sweet....  Seriously though, you guys ALL rock, in my book. There really is so much love here.

Zedo, man I got nothing I've had a hand in propagating, but I do have a few young natives growing on my property. I got very little knowledge of plants (I know, strange for a place like this, but I'm learning so much my brain hurts...), so I gots no idea what they are but I can take some pics and post them here. If there's something ya want, I'll find some way of getting it to ya, even if I have to bring it personally.

Like yaself (and most folk), I'm more broke than fuck. You just bought a house, and I need to sell cause the banks are a bunch of koonts (and because I'm not very good managing money). It's interesting, when things turned to shit for me financially, those who helped the most were the ones who could least afford to.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Skellum said:

Good luck Zedo, congrats on the new purchase too mate.

Sorry I can't contribute anything at the moment, I've just started collecting myself in the last 3 months - maybe in a year or so though.

EDIT: Very generous of you Bardo!

Thanks mate. Lol me spell good.

15 hours ago, Insequent said:

Awe, so sweet....  Seriously though, you guys ALL rock, in my book. There really is so much love here.

Zedo, man I got nothing I've had a hand in propagating, but I do have a few young natives growing on my property. I got very little knowledge of plants (I know, strange for a place like this, but I'm learning so much my brain hurts...), so I gots no idea what they are but I can take some pics and post them here. If there's something ya want, I'll find some way of getting it to ya, even if I have to bring it personally.

Like yaself (and most folk), I'm more broke than fuck. You just bought a house, and I need to sell cause the banks are a bunch of koonts (and because I'm not very good managing money). It's interesting, when things turned to shit for me financially, those who helped the most were the ones who could least afford to.

It's true though. The poor help the poor. The poor help the rich. The rich help the richer. And the richer steal from the poor. Lol

• Like 3

FYI I'll pm those who can help once I'm ready. Just thought I'd put it out there to give people a heads up if they need to unload some excess.

Bardo - I still need to get back to you. Thanks but I still have a few seeds from you I'll be proping soon. But I'll pm you soon. 

Insequent - yeah chuck us a pic. I'll see if it fits the need. 

Thanks

3 hours ago, Zedo said:

It's true though. The poor help the poor. The poor help the rich. The rich help the richer. And the richer steal from the poor. Lol

When you're down you find out who is for real and the ones you thought were real evaporate.

Big thanks to Hillbilly and Evil Genius who helped me out with some words of support when I needed them most. It meant more than you'll ever know.

• Like 6

Congratulations Zedo. Big step!

I've got some Trichocereus seedlings and/or seeds I'm happy to donate 

• Like 3

So might not need to many natives now. Neighbourh is concreting his whole back yard. So I got a few grevilleas and bottle brushes on each the weekend. Funny how you call to arms a request and something catches you sideways :)

So don't worry bout natives too much. I'm still chasing some exotics and cacti for my cacti garden. Thanks.

So far thankyou to the generous people here who have contributed to my garden. I don't need much more ATM, but am still mainly chasing some caapi other than cielo to put in my Amazonian garden of higher perceptions.