The Corroboree
Halcyon Daze

Boycott America

With Trump so willing to vandalise the world's efforts to co-ordinate against climate change, it's time the world took action on Trump.

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/06/01/trump-pulls-us-out-global-climate-change-accord

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/01/opinion/trump-paris-climate-change-agreement.html?_r=0

It's time to boycott all American made products.

Send Trump a clear message by simply choosing not to buy or participate in anything from the USA.

That includes all products, travel, sporting events etc, and make it clear to as many people as possible what your intentions are. It's time to get vocal again.

For example, feel free to place one of these or something like it at your place of work or study.

Spread the word and let everyone know it's time to BOYCOTT AMERICA!!!

5930990e11e83_BOYCOTTAMERICA.thumb.jpg.e311ececfb4d219013249264f760240e.jpg

BOYCOTT AMERICA.jpg

BOYCOTT AMERICA.jpg

• Like 2

Does the USA make anything we buy anyway ?

Almost everything we buy comes from China or it's oil from the middle east.

Our government (turnbull and co) are supporting the USA through our tax dept. Turnbull is implementing massive tax cuts to corporations, so the tax rate here will be 30% while it's 35% in the US. The way US tax laws are structured US corporations will have to pay the difference back in the US.

Turnbulls multi billion dollar gift to the USA paid for by you.

That equates to a multi billion dollar gift from Aussie Mums and Dads to the US treasury, but we need to "crack down on welfare" because we supposedly can't afford it.

What else would you expect when you have a banker running the country. Boycott turnbull and his band of thieves first.

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 11

so you'll stop using the internet halcyon?

Anything with Made in America written on it will be fine.

Boycott America is already self-materializing all over the world. Now that Trump is scrapping inolvement in the accord it's really starting to show up all over the place. 

The rednecks have had their fun, it's time to put a stop to the madness before their misinformed ideologies destroy the planet. 

Or  just engage in pointless chatter on the sidelines, your choice...

You don't want to be like one of those who went around saying 'weed could never be legalised'.

Edited by Halcyon Daze

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kotlikoff/2017/06/01/will-boycott-america-follow-trumps-paris-accord-withdrawal/#4dcdba2dda1d

Will 'Boycott America' Follow Trump's Paris Accord Withdrawal?

President Trump's decision to withdrawal from the Paris Accord is not just a terrible decision for the planet and our children. It could quickly lead to a worldwide boycott of Americans goods and services as well as travel to the U.S.

Such a boycott doesn't need to be enacted by foreign governments via formal sanctions. It can be arranged by prominent global citizens who realize that the only way to reverse this decision is to put massive pressure on the U.S. economy and, thereby, on Congress to pass laws that reduce the U.S.'s CO2 emissions in line with the Paris agreement.

It won't take much to organize such a boycott. Musicians like Paul McCartney or Elton John could organize a major concert with top performers from around the globe. The message would be Save the Planet, Boycott Trump's America Until the U.S. Enacts a Permanent $80 per metric ton tax on Carbon emissions.. This would come with a website where people from around the world could register their participation in the boycott. The site could also take contributions to help publicize the boycott.

The boycott could also be organized by Nobel Laureates in science, like Sheldon Glashow and Steven Weinberg. Sheldon Glashow is a Boston University physicist and Nobel Laureate in physics. Steven Weinberg is a University of Texas physicist and Nobel Laureate in physics. The two are, arguably, the world's most famous living physicists. (They, together with now deceased, Abdus Salem, a Pakistani physicist who received the Nobel jointly with Weinberg, are the authors of the Standard Model -- the most important model in physics.)

I talked to Shelly two weeks back about global warming. He told me that absent major planetary reductions in C02 emissions, he expects the sea level to rise 100 feet by the end of the next Century. Hearing this produced a chill down my spine.

A third group that could instantly organize a global U.S. boycott are two former Secretaries of State and Treasury -- George Shultz and James Baker -- and former Secretary of Treasury, Henry Paulson. The three senior Republicans recently endorsed the adoption of a significant carbon tax to reduce CO2 emissions.

Telling people to not buy American and not to visit the U.S. would be a gutsy move for anyone, particularly these three statesmen. But the only way to reverse Trump's decision is to put immense pressure on Congress to enact, over Trump's veto, a high carbon tax to insure our country meets its Paris Accord emission-reduction target. The carbon tax needs to start out very high (say $80 per metric ton) and decline through time as a percentage of the price of dirty energy. This will ensure that dirty energy producers don't have an incentive to use it or lose it.

A fourth group would be prominent business people, like Michael Bloomberg, Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerberg, and Elon Musk. These folks would be putting their investments where their mouths are, which is why they would have great credibility.

According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, 11.5 million American jobs are derived from U.S. exports and this site suggests that another 7.6 million jobs are derived from foreign tourism. There may be overlap in these two numbers, but we are talking about a sizable chuck of U.S. employment. And when tens of millions of Americans are under economic stress, you can be sure their members of Congress will feel their pain.

Trump likes to stick his fingers in people's eyes to show his machismo. This time he is going after the entire planet's children, grandchildren, and future generations and, my guess, is that Americans and people around the world will stand up and do the only thing that can help -- Boycott America.

forbes is american just fyi.

It's taking off around the world dude...

Edited by Halcyon Daze

As an American, all I can say is push for sanctions. Treat the US under Trump like the dysfunctional piece of shit it is, invest in your own military and divest any monetary interests you have in this country. Trump and the Republican party are a bunch of fanatics and we need to starve them and make sure that they fail so spectacularly that the ideology that spawned them is shoved back under the rock it crawled out of and the pendulum swings back toward sanity. Although I will say, if that damn Aussie Murdoch hadn't created such an efficient propaganda network for the lunatic right we wouldn't have gotten Trump in the first place. :P

• Like 1

quick question: i just had some heinz soup. is this something i should boycott? i mean i know it's an american company but it doesn't say "made in america" on it. does it need a badge to boycott? is it ok if it's an american company but assembled/processed in australia? if so what percentage of the product should be processed in australia for it to be ok? is this the same as partially baked bread (bread is made in america but baked/finished in australia. i suppose that's mostly made in america so i should probably block it). yeah fuck american bakers actually.

LOL.  ;)

Edited by Halcyon Daze
  • Like 1

Netflix is likely one of the us's biggest exports to Australia. Most commercial channels would purchase a heap of us tv shows too.

On 2017-6-2 at 2:23 PM, P.Zappatecorum said:

As an American, all I can say is push for sanctions. Treat the US under Trump like the dysfunctional piece of shit it is, invest in your own military and divest any monetary interests you have in this country. Trump and the Republican party are a bunch of fanatics and we need to starve them and make sure that they fail so spectacularly that the ideology that spawned them is shoved back under the rock it crawled out of and the pendulum swings back toward sanity. Although I will say, if that damn Aussie Murdoch hadn't created such an efficient propaganda network for the lunatic right we wouldn't have gotten Trump in the first place. :P

As an Australian, your country has been a dysfunctional piece of shit for half a century or more.

• Like 3

I'm not sure boycotting the US will get you anywhere, nor that Trump is the actual problem (though he is a very handy mouthpiece). I tend to think the multi-national corporations and global business are where you need to look if you want to get to the root of the corruption. They are the ones who control the $$, therefore they control the media and the governments,  law enforcement and military.

America, or any country for that matter, is only a separate entity by virtue of the fact we are taught to view geographically separate peoples as different from "us". The world which allows for the free flow of corporate money across these borders, without hindrance and without tax, facilitates the growing disparity between the wealthy and the poor, representing a disparate world to that of the flow of humanity. Think about that one: Multi-national corporation money can more and more flow freely across any border, but you and I can't.

Their media enables the power brokers the ability to maintain the division of the populace and keep us at each others' throats. They keep us bickering over the symptoms of their actions so they are left predominantly unhindered to continue business as usual. If we are able to see through the tactics of those who control the wealth, viewing the multi-national corporations and their political mouthpieces as the "them", and the people who inhabit the countries as the "us", perhaps we would have a greater chance at securing our children's future in a healthy world.
  • Like 4

^ central banks

Heres an old vid, only for those who are still floundering around without a clue (hopefully nobody)

• Like 3

The U.S.A. is not the name of a country it's the title of the corporation of the United States of America. The act of  1871 created a new constitution and the title was "capitalised" which means ceased or taken control of. They also changed the wording of the title from the united states for America to the United States of America, so the US constitution is many ways a complete fraud that the people of the country never agreed on. The people living there are considered property that can be traded on the stockmarket (chattle) under the UCC laws or commercial codes the corporation is legally bound to.

. The USA has a president just like any other corporation, countries traditionally had a Prime Minister or some other non corporate title.

They even have a statue of "Liberty" as a fake sign of freedom. Liberty is a maritime term (UCC law is maritime law) that refers to something that is temporarily granted to a sailor or any other corporate owned entity.

It's a deep, deep bucket of shit with ties to the lawyers and bankers of London city and some say right back to the vatican.

There can be no true freedom in world ruled by UCC (which stands in complete opposition to civil and natural law) and an international stock market. We are all chattle and we are all fucked. No boycott of any one link in the chain will make the slightest difference. If the UCC and the stock markets continue to exist in their current form things will quickly return to normal after any minor adjustment (failure of a nation, world war etc etc)

Edited by Sallubrious
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Sallubrious said:

The U.S.A. is not the name of a country it's the title of the corporation of the United States of America

(I should have qualified I was referring to continental America, as opposed to corporate USA, to highlight my point about the creation of borders and how the corporate entities use this to divide the people).

You're so right, Sal; while this system is in place, we're all fucked, even from the moment of birth. So many people find this a hard fact to accept, much like the character, Pile, in the video Thunder posted. Yet it goes to the very heart of our problem.  And if anyone here still thinks it's a farfetched conspiracy (as Thunder has expressed, hopefully nobody), they should have a look at their birth certificates and driver's licenses, then ask why their names are written in capital letters.....

^  that stuff is too much for me.  Im not denying it but its outside of my interest and understanding.  Legal mumbo jumbo.

What I sort of do understand is economics.

My point was, with your reference to wealth inequality, is that central banks are driving this.  the video is in case the basic premise has escaped anybodies attention.  Every time an economy is "stimulated" to "drive recovery", a little more wealth (not necessarily measured in dollars) is sucked up and dumped into the pockets of the already wealthy.  Its a pulsing cycle which single-handedly grows the wealth divide.

Apologies for the tangent, although I think the USA has done far more in the last fifty years to earn our rebuke than pulling out of an agreement which I understand to be toothless anyway, merely symbolic rather than binding.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThunderIdeal said:

Apologies for the tangent, although I think the USA has done far more in the last fifty years to earn our rebuke than pulling out of an agreement which I understand to be toothless anyway, merely symbolic rather than binding.

No need for apologies, in my opinion. It wasn't much of a tangent. You make a very valid point with the video. Also with your statement about withdrawing from the toothless agreement. I reckon there are so many layers to the whole thing, when the tipping point is reached, there's a good chance it's going to be very unpleasant. For everyone. Maybe.

The Paris agreement takes money from developed nations and gives it to developing nations. Its an economic deal and has little to do with ambitous environmental stewardship.

Our population and economic infrastructure are pressuring vast ecosystems for sure, but look at what happens to nations with a declining birth rate, autonomous economies or wish to change the economic structure to something different.

Boycott international banks, media and big corp if you want to make a genuine difference. Remove some invasive weeds from your local park. 

USA has long been a bastion of environmental knowledge and endeavour and I buy a lot of great stuff from there. The idea of 'Boycotting' one country because of media hype probably motivates buyers to purchase....something...somewhere! 

Another economic deal.

Here's a great way to fight Trumps support for fossil fuels.

A testcase lawsuit by 21 children who claim a constitutional right to a safe climate. 

You can donate a few bucks to their cause via paypal.

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/the_race_to_save_the_world_from_trump_loc/?cl=12718718508&v=93907&OtherAmount

Here's a couple articles on it.

http://www.businessinsider.com/kids-suing-government-for-climate-change-2016-11?IR=T

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2016/11/the_kids_lawsuit_over_climate_change_is_our_best_hope_now.html