The Corroboree
-RC-

Wait a minute, I didn't agree to this...

If we decided on this, I wasn't there and I wish to lodge a complaint. Failing that if we haven't yet decided on following this path can I please object your honour? And specifically how?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-27/what-effects-will-a-cashless-society-have/8363238

• Like 5

Major moves acroas the globe to accelerate the shift to cashless society

Globalism = an end to freedoms

Oppose the elimination of cash because your freedoms depend on it

A better direction would be to move away from printed central bank joobux towards hard money or similar

Central banks are always stealing from us.  Without even so much as physical banknotes we are all the more powerless.

• Like 4

I foresee a huge upsurge in interest in bitcoin etc. The partial demonetisation in India last year is probably worth some analysis too. But yes, it's shit. This is one area where a little lobbying/encouragement on Sen. Leyonhjelm might help. 

Bring on the barter I say!

There is foreign currencies, cryptocurrencies, barter including those bartered service syndicates.. Without doubt the best currency, for well documented and straightforward reasons, is precious metal: gold and silver.

But listen, we already exist in societies where money is controlled, and it was decided long ago to tighten that control.  Oddities like bitcoin can be suffered because they are so far insignificant, they can just as easily be outlawed.

Currency doesnt like competition, thats what this is all about.  that's why gold is abhorred.

When they tighten the noose, they mean to tighten the noose.

• Like 4

On that note (currency preferring monopoly) competing currencies is perhaps the best thing we could hope for.  managed currencies are fine if they have to compete, but almost any country you visit there will be a government enforced monopoly on a single currency.  Bitcoin in Australia right now is an exception but only because scomo wanted to encourage business around it.  Remember it was subject to gst under previous government. Any real challenge to the Aussie would see a change in the law.

Want to know the endgame?

Look this 1988 article said world currency by 2018

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/flashback-1988-get-ready-for-a-world-currency-by-2018%E2%80%B3-the-economist-magazine/amp/

Google IMF phoenix rising

The phoenix already exists as a bucket of currencies called the SDR but isnt available to the public.

Try and understand that the money system is essentially a global criminal enterprise, but at the same time, useable currency is useable currency and the elimination of banknotes is an enormous step towards greater global tyrrany.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

i doubt cash will ever die.  North Americans wouldn't stand for it. Hell, they even still have pennies (and guns!).

2020?  Australia?  tell 'em they're dreaming.

• Like 1

anyone who's even slightly awake should be able to see cashless society is nothing but a control measure. Starting with plastic cards now pay pass, people are to lazy to open there wallet and think how much cash to remove just like when the tv came out with a remote. 

I refuse to use PayPass and am amazed how many checkout people are 'annoyed' that I use cash or insert a card and type a pin. I've made comments too it to these people about control and taxing etc. Only once the facts smack them in the face do they even acknowledge it's it 'might not be good'. But I'm sure after o walk out the door they forget and don't care.

But like anything else. It'll happen one day and the idiots who support it blindly will be pointing blame soon after. 

• Like 2

^ Mate, I work in retail technology and I highly doubt the cashiers care too much about how you pay.  They might simply be surprised. 

And retailers themselves absolutely love cash - for obvious reasons.

• Like 1

I'm sure the owner loves cash. I wouldn't state how I've experience people's annoyance for the fun of it. It's mainly younger people behind the register. Some will roll their eyes, or ask if my chips broken and upon saying no I just don't use it their face tells the story of not understanding. My best example is every Friday everyone out in a dollar and we buy cakes and stuff for smoko to share. Every Friday it's the same thing... 'you really need to start using your card' or 'next time we won't accept these coins' (I'm not joking about this either) to my reply, if you refuse to accept legal tender can you please put it in writing. Then they don't say anything lol.

everyones different and my experience is but one in 7 billion. But I see it more and more as the months go buy. 

Actually yesterday I got a quote for a tree lopper and upon given the price I asked if he could do any better for cash (ie knock the gst off) to he reply - 'sorry we don't take cash anymore, it's all gotta be on the books'. Which I was quite surprised at. 

Nothing wrong with a business refusing to break the law.  

Personally I think the discussion is off to a false start.  This issue has nothing to do with small business or even big business.

As public discussion intensifies you can expect red herrings, chiefmost that cash is mainly used by criminals and terrorists.

• Like 4

Well that is darn right true. Criminals and terrorists ie banks and politicians. 

Soon the Ethereum platform will allow anonimous transactions of eth through zk snark enabled smart contracts.  Eth is not even marketed as a currency, but more as a tokenised fee mechanism for executing smart contracts on the blockchain.  Ethereum will be synonymous with blockchain smart contracts, which will soon power the internet and will be unstoppable.

Great things are happening in this space and soon everyone will see the benefits, whether they directly participate or not.

i liked the part about cash being disease ridden cesspools. very classy.

• Like 3

i liked the part about cash being disease ridden cesspools. very classy.

Yes, and I'm sure the card readers/key pads/touch screens are soooo much cleaner than the ATM.  Never mind the endless public objects constantly being touched by different people...

Going cashless is terrible for privacy and something more people should be uncomfortable with. 

If you're interested in cryptocurrencies then Monero is even more private than Bitcoin. If you don't want to mine your own then you can easily buy it from exchanges such as Poloniex, Bitfinex and Kraken. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monero_(cryptocurrency)

• Like 3

Crypto is a huge discussion.  Currently the main btc players are threatening to sunder btc into utc (unlimited) which will have major consequences (probably the biggest blow to btc since mtgox, and a major blow to the premier cryptos brand).  

I suggest the most sensible long term hedge against currency/financial collapse  (including cryptos) in terms of currency is gold and silver, the former probably having better short term prospects while the latter may have better prospects in the long run.

Always hold some cash, even in Australia dont rely on banks to make YOUR savings available on short notice; when it really matters there will be delays and dramas.

Consider the risk profile of your superannuation.

Funnel wealth into productive and/or tangible assets if possible.  IMHO neither crypto nor fiat qualifies as tangible.

Most of all, your most productive asset is probably yourself so develop marketable or useful skills.

• Like 2

You're all missing the point here.

If there is no cash, what are we going to slip into strippers' g-strings (and don't tell me those lil laminated paper tokens will do), and what are we all gonna roll up to snort footlong lines of Charlie with?

• Like 4

^I am now taking this seriously...lol

I know how cash works.....

The government wants this shit.....they wanna know things that are not their business.....

tell 'em to fck themselves.....but they need to be told:wink:

Thunders right.....always hold some cash.

• Like 3

If we decided on this, I wasn't there and I wish to lodge a complaint. Failing that if we haven't yet decided on following this path can I please object your honour? And specifically how?

Is that "the bucket of shit is half full" optimism ? I see it as half empty.

Who do you expect to complain to the IMF, the CFR, the trilateral commission or david rothschild himself ? I'm sure they'll all give you a fair hearing.

Wouldn't it be nice if the world were chocolate, la,la,la,la,la,laaaaa

• Like 3

^sally correctly identifies the players who truly believe the world should adhere to their vision while nobody else has a say.

Fortunately sand HAS been thrown in the gears lately.  Thats why the plans are accelerating prematurely.

Dont give up hope but expect bad times to come.

Yes, and I'm sure the card readers/key pads/touch screens are soooo much cleaner than the ATM.  Never mind the endless public objects constantly being touched by different people...

or sprayed with vomit at weekends like in uk cities 

Ive seen the future brother, It is murder.

More bureaucracy..... creating criminals.

its all about tax, ato shark.jpg and in turn control. barbarians at the gate.

58e35ff6b091e_atoshark.thumb.jpg.32ef3962f97dbc572c3ec17899d63b7c.jpg

58e35ff6b091e_atoshark.thumb.jpg.32ef3962f97dbc572c3ec17899d63b7c.jpg