The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zedo

LW seeds

About 9 years ago now I bought a bunch of cacti seeds from SAB. The only ones that survived the attempt at sowing back then was my Cuzco and Willi. I had two willi's (lol) but a caterpillar ate one and tried to eat the other but obviously got side tracked and forgot what it was doing lol. I tried sowing some LW seeds I got last year off eBay but some critter ripped everything up so I lost my Willi's. I did a search and couldn't find anything around. Can anyone assist or point me in the right direction 

i did see one site, but I can't find it again. There was at least 20 variations of LW. Are there different types (ie not diffusa or the other 2). 

IMG_0302.JPG

IMG_0302.thumb.JPG.41081df43249c31df3d96d37f40aecfd.JPG

IMG_0302.thumb.JPG.41081df43249c31df3d96d37f40aecfd.JPG

Edited by Zedo

Hey mate, it's debatable about whether there are different varieties. You can get a ridiculous number of different locality seeds, like hundreds of different ones (have a look at katus koehres and their stock list). There are some variances between them, but really it comes down to northern and southern forms. The former is self fertile, the latter is self sterile... 

Locality seeds are not so common within Australia, but if you are interested in chasing some up, I'd recommend starting with the most northerly forms as they are self fertile, more hardy, and are generally the most ethnobotanically interesting...,

If you're stuck, pm me...

Cheers mate, something for me to research a bit. No rush for seeds, just planning forward for this years sowing.