The Corroboree

hello all.... my shamanic name is forgotten, but intention is pure...
i have started a career in horticulture... i have the startings of a shamanic garden, as i strictly (for now) refer to my practice as conversational art, (for the purpose of psychological healing) i do not wish to medicate others until i have unmedicated myself.... (although i do not see medication as the only or even the first route towards healing)

so for now the only drug i have is coffee... i also have peanuts, tomatoes, lettuce, a fuschia, strawberries, corn, the wonga wonga vine, some cereus cacti :P, a prickly pear, a sunflower, chillies

my current thinking is to have lemons, an acacia confusa(time...) as well as some various other plants for dreaming....

was basically wondering if anyone had any recommendations... I am as the spirits(god)(whatever your name is) refer to as the nitrous shaman... it is time for me to put down this shamanic tool, leave my trances... and learn... so in your answer...extra bonus points for a possible use in addiction psychology... creative answers are welcome though :) always

Edited by istherockhard717

ill go first...  Calea Zacatechichi: The Dream Herb

what is it?? containing  flavones[6] such as acacetin[7] and sesquiterpene lactones such as germacranolides ... stuff i cannot know about... is that wise? perhaps so... that may deter high usage... for if i think i know the outcome... i will probably proceed

Edited by istherockhard717

Amanita muscaria (A.pantherina, A. gemmata) : largely misunderstood material with many uses from flavor enhancer to divination tool . Only for the patient and sensible. 

Argyreia nervosa is also a joy to grow

welcome to the forums

• Like 2

thankyou for replying... sagiXsagi :)

an interesting choice i must say... i have heard of this white and red mushroom and have never tried to grow something in such a calibrated enviroment... probably useful in learning how to keep a child alive :P only worry i would have is i have heard of spores getting everywhere if not careful... intriguing, never before had this plant intrigued me...

also being a lysergamide fan... and not recommending one choose that route unless fully aware, would be nice to see if  Argyreia nervosa affords a lighter more thought provoking journey and perhaps less of a FORCED meditative feel, i also love vines... as i am a slow invader :P

Thanks for the welcome :)

Amanita muscaria is not growable to my knowledge.. 

and yeah, I too think those sacred vines, have a healing and self regulating system in themselves, maybe in a similar vein to other sacred plants .... the system is designed to obstruct abuse it seems ... 

Argyreia nervosa wise, I was originally refering to the joys of growing the vine, its such a rewarding experience itself, trust me... it only needs a huge pot, better even , in the ground.... 

• Like 1

Yeah I would keep Argyreia nervosa in a pot. It gets way out of control otherwise. 

This ones around 14months old.

ive seen it take over areas of bush land where I once lived. And where I got my seeds for this plant from.

IMG_0300.JPG

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.73524928139976b2ec37882fb9893ef5.JPG

IMG_0300.thumb.JPG.73524928139976b2ec37882fb9893ef5.JPG

• Like 4

20170301_120806.jpg

Heimia salicifolia (sun opener)

I'm having some doubts about this plant, i've read about a mix up and what the thing is supposed to do is also somewhat vague

Yet since it still is called sun opener, and it does get cute yellow flowers i guess, it's imo worth having in the collection

20170301_120806.thumb.jpg.e559fa4fbcbf47ae373d08549f4eef05.jpg

20170301_120806.thumb.jpg.e559fa4fbcbf47ae373d08549f4eef05.jpg

can amanita muscaria be collected via a seedling that grew close to the amanita infected parent silver birch?

-like you can with beech oak and hazel with almost any truffle...

• Like 2

sorry i should post for swerving away from theme i guess..

ummm, Peganum harmala , seeing as it's currently under my focus 

..probably easier to buy the seeds just for use as a herb, but to get to really know the plant it should be also grown..

warning its an MAOI and a powerful one indeed, making efficient administration and various synergy very easy...

yet a risk if an avoidance of tyramine isn't considered, albeit a low risk from what I can gather...,

it's justified, ancient ...

and even drives an icecream van!

skin cancer treatment, possible haoma/ stand-in, very wide growing range and ability to adapt, seems to destroy internal parasites, and a whole host of other things ..

TH> I suppose one could try to take seedlings with mushrooms mycorhiza (infected would be the wrong word here as amanitas form beneficiary bonds with trees).

I dont see why it could not happen. Although I am sure there could be some better, more sophisticated way to try and form the mycorhiza yrself, like they do in truffle-trees. 

• Like 1

I dont see why it could not happen. Although I am sure there could be some better, more sophisticated way to try and form the mycorhiza yrself, like they do in truffle-trees. 

Sure is, the same way they do with truffles and other mycorrhizal mushrooms. Mycorrhizal agar, sterile tree seeds grown in sterile soil in sterile grow chambers, inoculated with mushroom mycelium, than transferred to suitable soil once the mycorrhizal link is completely established, 2 years or so . The price of just the agar recipe and components would probably be enough to buy a lifetime supply of muscaria. Actually, they don't even do it that often with boletes, chantarelles and other mushrooms, seems only the truffles are worth the cost and the hassle.

The other way is to simply bathe the seeds in spore water, and to water them once again with it when they germinate. Not a huge success rate, but much more cost effective.

• Like 3

what about bathing in the fleece of the fly agaric?

does this subject already have a thread yet or should someone make one?

sorry OP , 'tis rather interesting though,... I always planned to get truffle trees to infect my gramps beeches ...

back in the day but garden amanitas would rawk harder than truffs imo !

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

what about bathing in the fleece of the fly agaric?

The what? Do you mean mycelium? Well, that is the point, but to successfully grow mycelium of a mycorhizzal mushroom, you usually need special agar, for which both the recipe and components are not free nor cheap. And you then have to ensure there are no more aggressive mushroom spores or mycelium present in the medium.

• Like 1

the cap it's self seems awesome at growing the myc/fleece

( I got fleece from the homemade ambrosia vids knocking about on youtube_)

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

Oh, you mean that... Yes, I saw that too from those frauds at ambrosia society... That is Rhizopus mold, no connection with A. muscaria whatsoever.

• Like 2

I've never seen this video where they make moldy wine, but have seen a lot where they place non-sterile crumbled dried muscaria into a jar with cooked rice and grow 'sacred bread' or whatever they call it with 'fleece', that is 100% Rhizopus mold. All I can say after growing 25 species of mushrooms (and in the process, accidentally a bunch of different molds), and seeing many more on agar, is that only molds will grow aerial mycelium like that.

Also, I later found data that such products were tested, microscopically and genetically, and found to contain only molds...

• Like 1

you say th A. muscaria is difficult and needs symbiotic relationship... i was just given a pine/conifer by my parents... to grow as a christmas tree... perhaps it would be a good candidate... also... 

☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ

i seem to be adverse to the idea of using harmaline... for one i see no reason to potentiate dmt... or many other chemicals... perhaps i will, as well ayuauscha, (im assuming peganum harmala is a suitable maoi) has never interested me... perhaps fear has intertwined me, or perhaps i feel like fear is useful, but i just dont want too feel physically ill... not that im adverse to medium doses of lysergamides...

Great replies... i love starting conversations, they often derail, but that keeps things more interesting i think, even if it might annoy us sometimes, not that i thinks...that it has derailed... it is a broad subject and im still trying to find ways to incorporate other parts of the garden, of the "non-medicinal" variety, namely... symbolism, the nature of fruit...why use such an anology for getting something..., ummmm,,, one thing i have been interested in is... worshipping corn... maybe even while listening to korn, while hallucinating (as in what is the importance of an idol), something i think is important to a young friend who screams about these occult practices(hallucinating) ... as in hes not very secretive... and why should he be... he has opinions others may not understand... but he also listens.

anyway i missed one plant of my shamanic journey... proabably the most important one... my BOOM ELECTRIC lights Fuschia... pink flowers(originally planted in an effort to calm down... along with some strawberries...and cereus hexagonus.... my fiance loves this fuschia... i should not be mistreating it)

:) peace

Heimia salicifolia  ...from 

DualWieldRake

I like the flowers... pretty...  my question is, are you an avid auditory hallucinator? or is this to increase such an exercise? 

i used to have experiences laying in bed after nitrous, and one time i hallucinated a fbi spy bug crawled into my ear..., this was partially auditory... probably the least pleasant thing that ever happened to me, less pleasant than having my arm sliced off whilst on nitrous and a lysergamide... ... i think i remember a particular RC that caused primarily auditory hallucinations, perhaps i read it from shulgin... 4-ho-DiPT .... supposedly reduced the pitch of all music... without slowing :blink: