The Corroboree
Zedo

Flat earth debate

If the earth is flat why would there be frozen poles and north and south celestial poles, northern and southern lights. compasses, Animals that migrate, seasons, the list goes on. Where would all the water go if there was an edge of the planet? Why are all the other planets and moons round, a blob of water floating in a space craft forms a sphere, not a pancake.

And most importantly why would anyone even want to create a lie about it? If you hold a 50cm ruler in front of you at a coastal horizon you can literally see the curve? Why are we not accepting the real truth that the earth is round ??? It's a conspiracy I tells ya!

Its very odd.  One possible motivation is to better fit biblical descriptions?

• Like 2

that & unfortunately there is a global stupidity pandemic of monumental proportions

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Halcyon Daze said:

And most importantly why would anyone even want to create a lie about it?

It was originally  just a joke that vladamir putin played on george W bush. Funny thing is, george still believes it.

• Like 4

To the guy who posted gravity as expansion, i finally had a scan through.  Not a thorough read whatsoever but enough to admit it's a well made case.

Makes about as much sense as relativity anyway, in fact, its an almost identical model, insofar as it uses the same math with a different way of visualising it..  So i dunno, i dont buy spacetime curving or massive objects expanding, but im glad you posted it.

2 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

To the guy who posted gravity as expansion, i finally had a scan through.  Not a thorough read whatsoever but enough to admit it's a well made case.

Makes about as much sense as relativity anyway, in fact, its an almost identical model, insofar as it uses the same math with a different way of visualising it..  So i dunno, i dont buy spacetime curving or massive objects expanding, but im glad you posted it.

Tesla said the curvature of space time was the fantasy of an idiot (paraphrasing)

He believed it was a simple electron flow like when you rub a balloon on your hair and place it near the flow of water and bend the flow.

If someone can present a plausible unifying theory and prove it both ways I'll back pedal and accept the relativity/curvature of space time fantasy but until then I'll back the electrical model.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ said:

what about pre biblical descriptions?

I'm not saying our modern civilization doesn't suck in many ways & many modern assumptions about the nature of reality are not extremely flawed..  But when it comes to the physics regarding the basic structural geometry of planets, are you saying that a few remaining fragments of information from ancient largely preliterate & technologically primitive peoples are a more reliable source of scientific knowledge than our technological, space age, physics obsessed scientific civilization?  

• Like 1

Mmmm

Biblical and prebiblical similar anyway as ancient myths seem to have stood the test of time albeit bastardised by it.

modern science is doubtless correct about the shape of the earth but could be failing to properly put myths in context.  There is a deeply held assumption that the earth then was as the earth is now.  There are many theories in comparative mythology and i wont go into what they are or how the electric universe paradigm can explain them, but picture if you will an imposing sky;  a sky that could be denser and closer than a modern day storm.

Its my belief that ancient myths are of substance, the stories are unreliable for a number of reasons but when you can trace consistent correlations across continents then its fair to ask "what are the ancients telling us about times forgotten"

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ThunderIdeal said:

modern science is doubtless correct about the shape of the earth but could be failing to properly put myths in context. 

absolutely no doubt about that i think..  i feel mythology generally is a multilayered encoded vehicle for the transmission of knowledge about many different aspects of reality & the complexities of the human experience & the meanings were generally intended to be peeled back layer by layer at successive stages of a persons development as they grow up & mature through life..  The mistake modern science tends to make when analyzing ancient mythology is to interpret them as some kind of simple, literal stories which are meant to mean nothing more than the physical content the stories present..  as though they are nothing but the most basic kind of children's book like 'see john run.' 

Obviously this is one of the major flaws of a purely scientific perspective..  to disregard anything which is not literal..  But it must be said that it is also the strength of science as a discipline for interpreting the physical universe..  It's not a problem as long as you understand there is more to reality than that.

Edited by paradox
  • Like 2

Ok cool.  I like that perspective.  However im saying they may be literal (insofar as these secondhand stories even in their first instance had no way of reasonably interpreting the events they describe).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

Picture this if you will an imposing sky;  a sky that could be denser and closer than a modern day storm.

I didnt explain this properly.  I was giving a possible reason why people may have referenced a physical firmament.... An actual dome over the sky (a feature of some flat earth descriptions)

I know thats rather vague but the take home point is not to assume events depicted in myth didnt describe real-world elements which we cant imagine easily since nothing like them have existed in modern times.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, paradox said:

I'm not saying our modern civilization doesn't suck in many ways & many modern assumptions about the nature of reality are not extremely flawed..  But when it comes to the physics regarding the basic structural geometry of planets, are you saying that a few remaining fragments of information from ancient largely preliterate & technologically primitive peoples are a more reliable source of scientific knowledge than our technological, space age, physics obsessed scientific civilization?  

not saying anything mate , i really don't know .. just it's such an interesting subject and I figured I would share what I had found vid-wise on the tube and fire a random question to see what your minds would say ..

I appreciate there is firm belief but I personally can't say either way and only have the skills that the women I grew up around could impart as a basis which turned out to be inadequate [but eventually I found some but probably waaay too late] so I am just fascinated in the food for thought and inspiration laid before us on the SAB thread but would really like to feel that I knew ,

...maybe one day?

... but in the mean time it's awesome watching great minds of SAB shoot the shit over it and how objective and rational you guys fare and it's really this that has been missing from my life so long I guess I am still trying to fill the gaping hole where smart men were missing from my learnings and experience..

Prior to that was just former military dudes as mates who kinda broke me down so as to build me back up and teach me how a guy should kinda be ..

ya know like with the way to think or approach and the problem solving in as hermetic a way as possible (by hermetic: meaning as complete as possible not necc' witchery :) ) :-

in order to better self so as not to make the same mistakes as before and be more like a human.

Thank you by the way !

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
forgot to answer original question
  • Like 3

You're a good good egg thunderhorse, full power to you bro..

I'll just reply to one thing you mentioned about there being a firm belief.. There's no firm belief at all from where I'm looking., it's just that the evidence from so many sources is just profoundly overwhelming.. There is an unbelievable number of natural phenomena that would simply not  be remotely possible if the earth were flat.. & earth sciences describe these process' in the most elegant & deeply sensical ways & it all ties in together to describe the physical nature of our planet so eloquently.. 

It's understandable that many people aren't broadly knowledgable about all these complex aspects of natural science but it remains that if people are ignorant of these things then that's what they are.. Ignorant.  There's many reasons why people are ignorant.. Not saying I am not ignorant of many things btw..

Edited by paradox
  • Like 1

So, assuming the earth is flat, and we're on one side, what's on the other side?

How thick is this pizza we live on anyway? Surely we could drill through to the other side with some kind of thunderbirds mole vehicle and find out easily enough?

Should we start a gofundme? I reckon if we can get Richard Branson on board it'd be a goer. He strikes me as someone who'd be keen to drive this mole vehicle too...

• Like 3

mms_20170926_172854.jpg 

You've got it all wrong.  We float around the pizza.

mms_20170926_172854.jpg

mms_20170926_172854.jpg

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 3

Just follow my lead, i have a colossal psyche.  i shit redpills then eat them for breakfast, um yeh i think thats right......

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

just had a thought,.. if the earth turns out to be flat in the end then you's 'down under' (or us for that matter) aren't actually up side down at all but in fact more 'over there' than anything ... and all that jazz about "down under" would turn out to be bollox, cool bollox but still.. *grips seat tightly as ears fold back n eyes squint a la kitte* whoah ..

• Like 2

On 26/09/2017 at 10:23 AM, ThunderIdeal said:

mms_20170926_172854.jpg 

You've got it all wrong.  We float around the pizza.

there's too much grease on that pizza , can we order one with a different topping next time please?

more thoughts on the topic...

is the flat earth erm .... thing,.. erm (project?).. a divisional mind control tactic ?

-what with the obviously [or maybe not so obviously] conflicting ...erm .. disclosure project  ..

I was told once by a fat ugly bastard that bullshit baffles brains..

but wondering what is or isn't bullshit is probably the real underline active ingredient

I am so fckn excited to see where this will go..... LOL:lol:

I just can't contain myself.... Roll on launch day:wink: I am not sure all is gonna end well....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/speaking-of-science/wp/2017/11/21/this-man-is-about-to-launch-himself-in-his-homemade-rocket-to-prove-the-earth-is-flat/

• Like 7

^ Steam powered rocket... :lol:

• Like 3