The Corroboree
sillysyban

Pachanoi or Pachanot?

Hey good peoples,

Can anyone tell if this is a Pachanoi or Pachanot? I am just starting out and cant tell from the descriptions I have read. If someone can explain the difference it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

IMG_0343.JPGIMG_0344.JPGIMG_0345.JPG

IMG_0343.thumb.JPG.40115db9819d2a842210adb57c3aa14e.JPG

IMG_0344.thumb.JPG.be66019af0b4b0e132cfee5fbff1ff8f.JPG

IMG_0345.thumb.JPG.d6d0fdbfd0e0c428fea9920c50933400.JPG

IMG_0343.thumb.JPG.40115db9819d2a842210adb57c3aa14e.JPG

IMG_0344.thumb.JPG.be66019af0b4b0e132cfee5fbff1ff8f.JPG

IMG_0345.thumb.JPG.d6d0fdbfd0e0c428fea9920c50933400.JPG

Cheers guys. I had a look through Trouts notes and though it appears to be Pachanot I wanted advice from someone who is more knowledgeable than myself. I figure I will grow it and check the flowers to be sure. I have asked the person I got it off but I bought this as a Loph that was grafted to this cactus. This tip was a pup that was growing. The original owner was not sure.

Haha I was very sure ..

• Like 1

has some resemblance with the pc

• Like 1

Haha I was very sure ..

Hahaha. Thanks mate. Yeah that was my bad with the terminology. I thought PC just referred to a type of San Pedro not a Pachanot. Only just realized. First of many mistakes I am sure.

• Like 1

nah, its not your fault... the diversity in nature but also the over-enthousiasm towards this genus has created hypes, and many many names . Its only normal as we are actually humans and not some wise beings, like some superior beings in some sci-fi films 

• Like 2

Cheers sagiXsagi. Looking at it there are lots of different opinions over this. Its a good read though.

There is no such thing as pachanot and PC is not a clone either, it's a variety.

Last but not least potency of end product is heavily influenced by growing conditions and post harvest processing.

Pc is not all bad, makes great grafting stock. I wouldn't hybridise with it though...

Edited by MountainGoat

One should also note that there used to be clones sold in oz (Omar, Alf) which were almost identical to PC, maybe offspring or something. Just saying.. 

sure there is the name "pachanot" ,  wasn't it coined by Trout? 

There is no such thing as pachanot and PC is not a clone either, it's a variety.

Last but not least potency of end product is heavily influenced by growing conditions and post harvest processing.

Tell me more about how PC is not a clone..

• Like 1

Cause it has siblings and produce offspring, you'd need DNA testing to see if it's clone or not.

Interesting. Might be worth growing for grafting and seeing what the flowers look like for further ID. Cheers for the input. I will update this post down the track when I get it to flower.

The fact that it was used as grafting stock and it looks like what most people deem PC does not fill me with confidence of it genetics however.