The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
waterboy 2.0

Artemisia annua (sweet wormwood) hunt

Anyone growing Artemisia annua (Sweet Wormwood)? Would love some access to leaf material, but a solid lead onto seed/stock would be very sweet people if aware of one.

Got a need to experiment and guinea pig myself...lol:wink:

You got malaria waterboy? :P

Couldn't find anything on google regarding it's uses other than that. Or is it for pain relief?

no malaria:wink:, but where I am at is responding to antimalarials and corticosteroids.

Been researching around TCM and has been used for fever, amongst other things including hybrid TCM/"modern" medicine approaches in China today for my kind of fuckedness ...... (The Fuckedness I call it...lol)

For the interested and others..lol...I am after the artemisinin, a funky unique little compound that the mode of action is still not understood. But its assumed that it does funky things to "red blood cells" (a bit more complex that that, also has a shit ton of binding sites). Which I am already doing with anti-malarial therapy:wink: 

In a nutshell - I've got some some skillz,kit and time, safety profile looks good to me (taken worse...lol:lol:).

EDIT - I dunno if this species is in Aus, but dont get if ya dont ask:wink:

and for drug structure nerds, the peroxide "bridge" is interesting

kjpp-19-21-g001.jpg

http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=055B6D8C67B28FA191DC1E2333950FB9

Edited by waterboy 2.0

hey mate, i should be able to help. Ive got a couple of very small plants going that i managed to coax out of some old seed ive had for years.

Once they are a bit bigger i can send you one. I want the other for fresh seed- they have a pretty quick life cycle.

• Like 1

Legend Lok:), if you didnt look at my last link above it may be of interest to you then.

Love you long time mate if anything can eventuate. Actually - I already love you long time:wink:.

Hi all, just wondering if the 'Sweet wormwood' which contains Artemisinin is different to the common one? Also, does the common one contain Artemisinin?  Does anyone know if a daily tea of wormwood would contain similar Artemisinin and how many grams of dried material would be safe to drink to gain medicinal benefits?