The Corroboree
Drake1337

Best books for Cacti growing

More the peoples personal suggestions here. Unlike fungi that has loads of growing books for all types, cacti seem a bit lacking with initial searching, though only brief.

Edit: There are books, though, l perfer what people here suggest, to cut down the number of books that can just be skipped.

Cheers!

Edited by Drake1337

Forums like this and the Shroomery have been better than any books for me. Cactus-art.biz has a nice list of species by genus for becoming more knowledgable about the various genera. Otherwise, care is generally simple though dependent on your climate and very species specific, so most books are only good as a list of species with some nice pics of them. Cacti & Succulents for Cold Climates is a great one for people that get freezing winters, it lists how cold hardy different species are. 

Cheers Zapp. I live in-land NSW, so winters do get colder to a degree in the mornings. So that book suggested sounds like it will have relevant information for sure.

Its pretty much what l suspected with the "lack of books". I went from never reading a book to being a book fiend ( general reading online doesn't count). So thats the larger reason for the book craving.

500 Cacti: Species and Varieties in Cultivation

is a very cool book for cactus collectors. 

notes on ssp. and synonyms, collection notes, notes on habitat, lots of great material

• Like 1