The Corroboree
Dekeius

Peresk Leaves getting Munched On

I have some pereskiopsis living outside in a pot in the open. I live on the second floor (3rd for you yanks) of an apartment and have noticed something has had a munch at some leaves.

20161115_160917.jpg

Just wondering if anyone knows what might have done this and how to go about stopping it?

I have little general gardening knowledge so any advice would be much appreciated.

Need these guys strong and healthy to help support some trichs ill graft in a few weeks.

20161115_160917.thumb.jpg.b533865d7e7c6384854cedd9fc31ba41.jpg

20161115_160917.thumb.jpg.b533865d7e7c6384854cedd9fc31ba41.jpg

I would consider buying a little greenhouse, peres love the extra humidity and heat. 

The little greenhouse might also create a barrier between your plants and the grubs or whatever's been nibbling, keeping them safer. 

thanks Change. I would love a green house but just don't have the space. Got a few germ boxes but nothing bigger.

Maybe I could make something around the pot ive already got.

Unfortunately aesthetics matter a lot to my girlfriend and housemate. was quite the battle to get the pots I wanted.  

• Like 1

Everything loves to nibble on pere. Grasshoppers, caterpillars, dogs, kangaroos, rats... The leaves are edible for humans, so most things get into it... Do you have any pets?

• Like 1

I found the bugger!!! he went for a 10m sky dive. 

Evil bug.jpg

And no pets (unless you count my cactii) mountain goat.

582bc333750cc_Evilbug.thumb.jpg.c6353db6ce336a7f881af626180644b1.jpg

582bc333750cc_Evilbug.thumb.jpg.c6353db6ce336a7f881af626180644b1.jpg

tried a weak vinegar spray on the plants as I saw more little bugs. hopefully that wipes them out

On 11/15/2016 at 4:55 PM, Dekeius said:

thanks Change. I would love a green house but just don't have the space. Got a few germ boxes but nothing bigger.

Maybe I could make something around the pot ive already got.

Unfortunately aesthetics matter a lot to my girlfriend and housemate. was quite the battle to get the pots I wanted.  

Mate this is so easily fixed!!

Just get a new girlfriend and house mate!:wink: trust me they just get in the way of a perfectly normal!!! Cactus addiction( nothing to see here:rolleyes:).

Seriously though listen to MG and Change they are giving you the good oil. 

• Like 3